Zero2Cool
6 years ago
I watch numerous religious based documentaries every month and then research the content later. I find religion incredibly fascinating. While I am able to connect the dots of "big bang theory" I am more inclined to the belief that there is a God. And this entity created a plethora of animals. We, Humans, are animals and we evolved. We learned to communicate on a high level and that's what separates us from other species.

While I respect religions, I do feel Bible was for obedience.

Evolution from Monkey to Human, I believe we have enough DNA evidence to disprove this already.

Evolution from cavemen to who we are now? We have DNA that supports this too. Neanderthals and Homo-sapiens.

The Hebrew Dead Sea Scrolls version of things I put more stock into than any "new" testament, especially a King James version or any King version. King's were self serving to the point some of them would inbred to keep the royalty pure. Some would kill their sons to preserve the throne.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
"Cavemen"....these were just nomad humans. They were 100% like people today. At the Tower of Babel, God confounded their languages and this caused different groups to go off in different directions. And they traveled and followed their food, until they found a suitable place to make permanent settlements. They left behind tools, and things that they didn't need as they traveled. Then make new tools at their new location. They were no different then nomad people of today. People that want to make them seem more "ape like" do that with imagination, not science.
Again, DNA does NOT get added to, which is what is necessary if evolution from a lower life form to a higher life form is possible. Which real science proves can't happen.
Mutations are a proof of this. Any mutation is from a LOSS of information, not a gain.
Too many people think that if a person is a scientist, with years of college, that that means they know it all.
There are MANY scientists that believe in creation, not evolution. But they are shouted down, and ordered NOT to share their beliefs or their proof that discounts evolution.
People that are taught in public schools are treated like they are idiots to believe in creation. That's why so many jump on the evolution bandwagon. They are afraid that if they don't, they will be treated like they are idiots.
They are taught WHAT to think, not HOW to think.
I know, I've been there.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

"Cavemen"....these were just nomad humans. They were 100% like people today. At the Tower of Babel, God confounded their languages and this caused different groups to go off in different directions. And they traveled and followed their food, until they found a suitable place to make permanent settlements. They left behind tools, and things that they didn't need as they traveled. Then make new tools at their new location. They were no different then nomad people of today. People that want to make them seem more "ape like" do that with imagination, not science.
Again, DNA does NOT get added to, which is what is necessary if evolution from a lower life form to a higher life form is possible. Which real science proves can't happen.
Mutations are a proof of this. Any mutation is from a LOSS of information, not a gain.
Too many people think that if a person is a scientist, with years of college, that that means they know it all.
There are MANY scientists that believe in creation, not evolution. But they are shouted down, and ordered NOT to share their beliefs or their proof that discounts evolution.
People that are taught in public schools are treated like they are idiots to believe in creation. That's why so many jump on the evolution bandwagon. They are afraid that if they don't, they will be treated like they are idiots.
They are taught WHAT to think, not HOW to think.
I know, I've been there.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I've never been much of a fan of my Public Education. That's why I seek out a lot and research a lot.

I am fascinated by your mutation statement. That is something I will dig into.

https://godinanutshell.com/  website. He's very Bible driven, but usually has some good stuff to support his views. My dad is the one who found out about him.

Here's his YouTube channel. You might find his videos of interest. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCul300ELNnKXyxFosz1HyJA

UserPostedImage
sschind
6 years ago

He created man in Hus own image,.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I'm sorry for not adding to the discussion but every time I hear or read this I can't help bu think of Archie Bunker's line "God made man in His own image." He made women after, from a rib, a cheaper cut.
DoddPower
6 years ago

“lol” Really?

Most religions have “unbelievable stories;” why is your religion superior? Or are you an agnostic? Faith is the backbone of Christianity; but boy I think it takes a whole helluvalot more faith to believe there is no God.

The thing I detest is duplicity and hypocrisy. I feel very comfortable calling the “Christian” that uses his Bible, for example, to justify his KKK antics an idiot and an asshole.

The Bible speaks of a God that is omnipotent and uses that omnipotence to contravene natural physical laws. So why not for Noah?

Ever see a miracle or know one who did? Do you think everything can be explained using natural laws or natural laws we just haven’t figured out yet?

I’d suggest you find life more fulfilling if you open your mind to the idea that you don’t know everything.

But Remember: people considered it a miracle or lol’d at the idea of space travel just 100 years ago. But, 1917 thinkers said, “damn, in 14 years the Wright Brothers mounted a lawnmower engine with a propeller to a wing; and now these planes are zipping around the sky shooting at each other. I wonder what advancement can be made in 14-28-42 and 56 years ahead.”

Maybe one day we’ll learn how Stonehenge or the Sacsayhuamán Citadel was built and the answer to how Noah did it will be revealed or become more plausible.

And the Bible should never be discounted. We read the story how Lot’s wife was turned into a pillar of salt when she looked back at the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrahas. Sounds silly, right? Well, in the spot where she turned around there exists a salt deposit that cannot be readily explained by our natural laws. So maybe not so silly, huh?

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

I would probably say agnostic. I don't believe one can know one way or the other. I get "faith." One could have faith that any story or organized set of believes is the truth. That's fine, but I can call it preposterous all the same, at least until religious folk take over and ban such things (which is already the case in many countries, btw).

It seems to me that worshiping things like water, fire, soil, wind, etc. would make more sense if that's the path one wants to take. I understand what fire is, for example, as I've studied it academically and personally to some extent. But when you're out camping in the wilderness and staring into it, it's still hard to explain and truly comprehend. I'm still not going to worship it though, heh heh.

There may be some kind of creator, but if that is the case, I'm mostly certain it would be much more complex than most anything in the bible, certainly if taken literally. The same would apply to any of the main organized religions. I find the burden of proof to be on those that are claiming their religion to be the one true path and that nonbelievers are going to burn in their hell for not following that path, for example. From my perspective, I'm not going to claim anything related to the origin and meaning of life as "the truth," but I will claim certain things that I believe are highly unlikely. It's impossible to know, at least this far in my journey.

I ponder these topics on a daily basis. I don't have the answers, but I don't want any governments structuring themselves around any religion (s). Your analogy of a Muslim-dominated world was a good one for Christians and others to consider when pondering religious liberty. That's a reality much of the world is or will be facing.

"If you can explain a God without a creator, you can explain a universe without a creator."
Cheesey
6 years ago

I'm sorry for not adding to the discussion but every time I hear or read this I can't help bu think of Archie Bunker's line "God made man in His own image." He made women after, from a rib, a cheaper cut.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I remember that show! It still makes me laugh!

Zero, I'm glad you will look into the mutation thing. When I was looking into it, I was surprised to see that all mutations were taking away, not adding information.
The finding of DNA changed a lot of things.
The DNA in a tobacco leaf is very close to human DNA. It just proves how God used the same things to create everything. One small difference in DNA can make the difference between humans and tobacco!.....although while standing in a elevator next to certain people, they seemed even closer to tobacco then others!😂
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.