Barfarn
6 years ago

We had a tour of investors coming in back when I was working in national radio in Chicago. Our guys were instructed to do a fake interview with Michael Jordan to give the impression we were able to get Michael Jordan on the phone when we wanted. I don't know how we pulled it off but they bought it and left impressed thinking we were a group that had access to MJ. All staged. All fake in the name of an end. We wanted their money.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You pulled it off by committing an actionable FRAUD! If some of the investors were Banks; that constitutes one of 2 predicate acts to established a Civil RICO claim. If the negotiations were carried thru US Mail, there's your 2nd predicate act.

BTW, I was an investor in a handful of radio stations that had affiliates in Chicago in the 80s and 90s; what station was that?

I digress.

What you have just testified to is that the media considers TRUTH as a distant third to money/clicks and agenda. This MUST be considered when reading ANY story put out by ANY media outlet including this fairy tale published by McGinn.

The theory is that Mike is mad he didn't get FAs. Well, over the last several years Ball was the money guy. A coach or GM can want Lang or Hyde, but if the money guy says, "NO!" Then that's it. If Mike successfully whines like a little bitch baby for a different GM, Ball remains the money guy and NOTHING CHANGES! If Ball is GM and he doesn't know talent, Mike has the ability to influence him about what is best for the team and they'll be a new Money guy.

Also, the story supposedly says Mike lined up his staff and said he's leaving if Ball is GM. Even if true, that Mike doesn't want Ball, to do it in this fashion, knowing he's going to fire many of these guys is 100% certifiably STUPID. If he did this, by now the story would be all over. But, its been a week and still the only source of this fairy Tail is McGinn.

McGinn is a lying or was duped about this fairy tail as well.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
6 years ago
Barfan and Uffda,
Would you say something to Murphey if you were Aaron Rodgers?
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I couldn't agree more with...speak now or forever hold your peace. This is a once in a career moment for 12 and his and everyone's future. An old HS teacher used to always say...silence gives consent. Might be partially why I go off like I do when I see something I don't like. I would've said something by now.

None of us know what Aaron is thinking but his lack of extension while seeing some fans brag how smart it was to spread cap hits on Adams and Linsley by getting deals done before season's end raises more questions about 12s lack of one. He may want out so his career isn't ended up in this mess we have here. The mess has been here for years, it's just exposed a bit more now.

I am very happy Jason Wilde confirmed Bob's story on Mike McCarthy threatening to quit if Ball is GM. He knew the same things Bob did but said... maybe, I'm too chicken. Later, said he didn't have the guts to write it as he didn't have it cold like Bob. Bob is a legend and has tons of contacts that Wilde surely doesn't. Thanks to him we again get a peek at something we never would've with our weak chicken gutless media who won't report uncomfortable things due to relationship. Bob and his reporting is not only good for us but it's good for Packers media as a whole as they're prodded to speak to it and do better themselves. Bob has kicked everyone's @ss on this story and will continue to.

I've never listened to a Wilde and Tausch pod but I recommend the one from yesterday on Mike McCarthy walking away if Ball gets hired. 15 quick minutes. You can hear another voice besides Bob detail this story. It's multi sourced now. No question Mike McCarthy did tell his staff he was leaving if it's Ball. Kind of ironic Mike McCarthy and I feel the same way.

I love the fact it's out Mike McCarthy has been frustrated with our front office and is even willing to walk because he doesn't feel they're sold out to win Championships. Same thing I said here for years while a lot of you defended our approach. It's clear our HC didn't agree with you and is willing to walk over it. Total vindication for years of crap I took here. The longtime HC of the Packers felt same way and saw the same things I did.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

nerdmann
6 years ago

Questions for the group...

Per numerous articles (of questionable veracity) along with MM, ARod is not a Ball fan. If so Should he say something to Murphy?
- His contract is up and he is in an EXTREMELY powerful negotiating position.
- He is not a spring chicken, and realizes he likely only has 5-7 years of optimal performance in the tank.
- I believe he is an extremely bright perceptive young man, who probably knows whats wrong moreso that most of his bosses.
- Whether anyone likes it or not....he is the franchise. I am guessing however, he doesn't want to be. He would like the team to succeed when he can't play, and right now that is not happening

Also, do you think he already has, and the cavalcade of changes may have been partially brought about by his input?
Not that he listens to me, but my advice would be..."Speak now, or forever hold your peace"

Originally Posted by: KRK 

The tail can’t be wagging the dog. We already had that wih Bert Favor. Fortunately we had a GM like Ted who was not afraid to stand up to the inflated superstar and put him back in his place.

It was for the good of the franchise then, and it would be now.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
6 years ago
N,

Don't you think comparing AROD with BF is terribly unfair.

I think AROD is a consummate team player...I would love to have him on my team, even if he wasn't as good as he is. Works hard, doesn't whine, etc.

BF was a prima donna in every sense of the word. That "aw shucks" schtick was bullshit....it was, and is, all about Brett. Deanna is a saint...
the whole "I'm retiring, no I'm not" BS was incredibly selfish and hurtful to the team.

For the good of the franchise them, they put a fork in him....for the good of the franchise now, they should listen to their biggest asset IMHO
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (18h) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (19h) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.