Zero2Cool
a year ago
Let's assume Aaron Rodgers will not play for the Packers in 2023. 
Let's also assume that Aaron Rodgers does not play for a team in the NFC in 2023. 

What are YOUR top five quarterbacks in the NFC?

If you need help (I did!) coming up with five names ...

Kirk Cousins
Jared Goff
Jalen Hurts
Daniel Jones
Jordan Love
Kyler Murray
Dak Prescott
Brock Purdy
Geno Smith
Matthew Stafford
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
a year ago

Let's assume Aaron Rodgers will not play for the Packers in 2023. 
Let's also assume that Aaron Rodgers does not play for a team in the NFC in 2023. 

What are YOUR top five quarterbacks in the NFC?

If you need help (I did!) coming up with five names ...

Kirk Cousins
Jared Goff
Jalen Hurts
Daniel Jones
Jordan Love
Kyler Murray
Dak Prescott
Brock Purdy
Geno Smith
Matthew Stafford

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

1. Jalen Hurts
2. Geno Smith 
3. Matthew Stafford 
4. Kirk Cousins
5. Jordan Love
6. Jared Goff
7. Dak Prescott 
Then the rest..

? on Stafford, if healthy, I could see him #1, can also see him dropping out if top 7 if his injuries are still hanging around.

Put J. Love #5 because he is the unknown.
Hell , I'm a Packer fan, he should be #1!!!!

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
a year ago
Hurts #1, everone else, flip a coin
Goff
Prescott
Cousins
Stafford
Murray
and yes, even Purdy
beast
a year ago

NFC

Atlanta Falcons
Desmond Ridder

Arizona Cardinals
Kyler Murray (injured)

Carolina Panthers
Andy Dalton

Chicago Bears
Justin Fields

Dallas Cowboys
Dak Prescott

Detroit Lions
Jared Goff

Green Bay Packers
Aaron Rodgers / Jordan Love

Los Angeles Rams
Matthew Stafford

Minnesota Vikings
Kirk Cousins

New Orleans Saints
Derek Carr

New York Giants
Daniel Jones

Philadelphia Eagles
Jalen Hurts

San Francisco 49ers
Brock Purdy/Trey LanceBrock Purdy (injured) / Trey Lance / Sam Darnold

Seattle Seahawks
Geno Smith

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Kyle Trask/Baker Mayfield

Washington Commanders
Sam Howell/Jacoby Brissett

I found this list online, taking Rodgers out of the NFC, I'd say...

My unknowns would beDesmond Ridder
Kyler Murray (injured)
Brock Purdy (injured) / Trey Lance / Sam Darnold
Kyle Trask/Baker MayfieldJordan Love

Trying to rank the rest

1) Matthew Stafford, Rams are rebuilding, but Stafford is still the best QB even if he doesn't have the talent to compete right now.

2) Jalen Hurts, whom was picked after Love
3) Geno Smith, Smith actually looked like a real full time starting QB of course he has a lot of talent around him, but I don't think he lost much of that talent in the off-season.

4) Kirk Cousins, very good and extremely consistent, both good and bad, he's absolutely amazing when not pressured and gets in trouble more than other QBs when he is pressured. So kinda depends how much he's pressured.
5) Dak Prescott, would be higher on the list if not for injuries risk

6) Justin Fields, I'm projecting a large leap year here, Fields hasn't had a decent OL nor weapons to work with and they're doing a good job of improving the offensive talent around him, plus he's a great runner and defense might give up a ton of points still letting him running up the surface and point in shootouts.
7) Jared Goff, Lions had one of the best offenses last year, though run heavy, but still, Goff did his part.
 😎 Derek Carr, maybe I'm too high on Carr, though I don't know why the Raiders disliked him so much
9) Daniel Jones, hasn't had much to work with and still doesn't... he's better than his stats but inconsistent and will continue to be so until they improve what's around him.

10) Jacoby Brissett, best of the career backups
11) Andy Dalton, second best of the career backups
Honorable Mention: Matt Ryan, whom is currently a FA.

UserPostedImage
dhazer
a year ago
I think you are looking at Hurts, Dak, Carr, Cousins and Fields as my top 5.  Hurts with the combination of runnig and stud receivers should be 1. Dak is loaded at the WR position so he should light it up along with Carr in New Orleans with Kamara, Thomas, Olave should be scary. Cousins will put up the big stats and once again noone will even notice. And the sleeper is Fields, he has shown he can change a game by running but now he has one of the top receivers in Moore to go along with Mooney so the passing game should pick up.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago
Hurts, then everyone else. Fields could be as good as they want him to be, presuming they develop him. 

Love will be right up there. I'm confident. 
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
bboystyle
a year ago
When its said and done, Fields will be a top 5 Packers QB all time just like Jay Cutler is. The man keeps feeding our defense.
a year ago

When its said and done, Fields will be a top 5 Packers QB all time just like Jay Cutler is. The man keeps feeding our defense.

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

Perhaps, but IIRC the kid has had 3OCs, a crappy line, and MEH receivers.  I think the kid will be very good one there is a level of talent and stability around him.
Go Packers!!!!
nerdmann
a year ago

Perhaps, but IIRC the kid has had 3OCs, a crappy line, and MEH receivers.  I think the kid will be very good one there is a level of talent and stability around him.

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

If the Bears stand behind him, AND develop him. We'll see. I still believe we've got the best QB in the division. 
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
a year ago

I still believe we've got the best QB in the division. 

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Even if we have the best QB in the division, they don't currently seem to be trying to put the pieces around him this year to win the division.

Seems like a rebuilding year. Losing a lot of receivers (WR and TEs). As well as DT Reed and seemingly S Amos whom both seemed to be some of the glue holding the defensive together at times last year.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (2h) : absolute banger of Olympic commentary
Mucky Tundra (2h) : @CCSewell “Vietnam, another country with very strong ties to France” might be my favourite bit of commentary so far
buckeyepackfan (7h) : Russ Ball is a genius when it comes to manipulating The Salary Cap hits on contracts!
buckeyepackfan (7h) : Not going to be as bad as some might think, this will look like a bargain in 2 years.
buckeyepackfan (7h) : 75mil signing bonus
buckeyepackfan (7h) : 77mil Signing Bonus, 155mil in new guarantees! Going to have to wait for the breakdown of the entire length of the contract .
Zero2Cool (9h) : Jordan Love and the Packers have agreed to a 4 year $220M contract
Martha Careful (12h) : Olympic opening ceremony is marginal at best
Zero2Cool (14h) : I was told that the hold up with Tua was the APY but they ironed it out and for Love, it’s been structure of the contract. -- Dianna Russini
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Tua and Love have the same agency, so things might be closer than we realize
Zero2Cool (14h) : Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa has agreed to a four-year contract extension worth $212.4 million, including $167 million in guarantees
Zero2Cool (14h) : Sounds like 4 year deal coming
Zero2Cool (14h) : Tua and Dolphins seem to have an extension in place.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : @prettyrickey213 Today has been flippant 🐬. Now waiting for it to be cheesy 🧀
Zero2Cool (15h) : Jones, Ballentine and Jennings join practice off PUP
Zero2Cool (17h) : Yikes.
wpr (18h) : The injuries keep on coming. Lions K Michael Badgley tears hamstring, out for season.
Zero2Cool (18h) : Great, Jenkins is taking snaps at Center. Lovely. More OL mishaps
wpr (25-Jul) : Another one bites the dust. Rams CB Derion Kendrick feared to have torn ACL
Zero2Cool (25-Jul) : Vikings CB Mekhi Blackmon tore his ACL today, a source confirms.
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : You do know he's QB2, right? Pratt. Check the 53 cheat sheet
Mucky Tundra (24-Jul) : If Clifford keeps playing the way he has Pratt is gonna be flying by him on the depth chart
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Michael Pratt getting more first team reps than J.J. McCarthy
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Who made a prediction? I posted what it will be, not prediction mate! 😁
dfosterf (24-Jul) : It is within.the realm of possibility that someone had Bowden on their depth chart prediction. I thought they did. Could be wrong
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Record Prediction?
dfosterf (24-Jul) : I think someone edited their prediction post after
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Jayden Reed cleared to practice
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Never heard of the dude before haha
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Bowden is trash, can't snap his way out of a wet paper bag!
beast (23-Jul) : I'm hoping they re-sign Bowden after Love signs and this is just a game to get a 3rd QB while Love isn't practicing
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : got older over *
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Glad to hear it! And Happy Birthday! My brothers had got over over weekend
Cheesey (23-Jul) : Hi Kevin! Yes, I'm still alive. Just turned 67 a few days ago.
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Alan has entered the building!!
dfosterf (23-Jul) : Cutting Bowden is odd. I do remember reading he needed to work on his velocity, but don't even know how fixable that is
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Packers signed a QB today
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Packers long snapper Peter Bowden has been released to sign Jacob Eason.
wpr (23-Jul) : I heard Reed tweeked his ankle and his youth camp.
beast (23-Jul) : I believe NJI is usually used for pre-NFL injuries (rookies) and vets that got injured doing something they weren't supposed to.
beast (23-Jul) : Might be interesting to hear how Reed got injured, as I believe NJI is non-football and teams don't have to pay you list.
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : Love won't practice until new deal is agreed. Ok, my stance changed
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : TRAIIIIINNNNNING CAMP!!! let's fookin go!!!
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : Jayden Reed placed on Non-Football Injury list
beast (21-Jul) : Yeah with the way the cap went up, don't be surprised if the new good QB gets more than $55 million per season
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : Kenny Clark. Extended!!
buckeyepackfan (21-Jul) : The "raw" number will probably be in that area. The numbers to look at are signing bonus. Guaranteed money, and Salary Cap Hit each year.
dfosterf (21-Jul) : Those numbers align with my guesstimate. Might find out tomorrow
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : Saw some rumor the Love contract is around 5 years $280m. There's no way.
Zero2Cool (19-Jul) : Packers sign wide receivers Rory Starkey and Jalen Wayne, waive Alex McGough.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jul / Fantasy Sports Talk / Mucky Tundra

23-Jul / Around The NFL / beast

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.