Martha Careful
24 days ago
IMO, a very sad article from CBS sports.

I know "a fool and his money are soon parted" but I feel sad reading stories like this....how many times do players have to see this before they learn to save and trust professionals with their money?

Ex-NFL star Antonio Brown files for bankruptcy, allegedly owes nearly $3 million to creditors, per report

Brown claims his assets are worth just $50,000 or less, according to court documents

By Isabel Gonzalez
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-nfl-star-antonio-brown-files-for-bankruptcy-allegedly-owes-nearly-3-million-to-creditors-per-report/ 

Former NFL star wide receiver Antonio Brown has filed for bankruptcy. According to the Times Union, Brown owes nearly $3 million to eight different creditors as stated by paperwork filed on May 15 in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court of the Southern District of Florida. He reportedly filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, which involves the court-supervised reorganization of a debtor's assets and liabilities.

That amount includes a $1.2 million court judgment to Anton Tumanov -- a moving-truck driver who sued Brown for assault and battery during an altercation in 2020. It also includes money owed on a credit card, a marketing firm and a law firm, among other debts.

Brown's own media company, CTESPN Network confirmed the bankruptcy filing via social media earlier this week.

"NFL legend Antonio Brown has filed for bankruptcy today," the post read. "He will be a first ballot Hall of Famer in 2027. He will be releasing new music this summer. He is also the founder of the most trusted source in all of sports.

"The generational run continues."

Brown was drafted by the Steelers in the sixth round of the 2010 NFL Draft and spent most of his 12-year career in Pittsburgh. He saw a lot of success as a seven-time Pro-Bowler and even won a Super Bowl ring with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2021. However, Brown has not been back on the field since 2022, when he took off his shirt and left in the middle of a game against the New York Jets.

Brown made over $88 million as a player, but he currently claims he has less than $50,000 in assets.

This a shame.
Go Packers!!!!
beast
24 days ago
I've honestly felt for a whole that there is something mentally wrong with Antonio Brown and needed some sort of mental evaluation and potentially some sort of trust to handle his money and protect it from himself.

I don't know if it's CTE, an issue from being hit, an issue from drugs or an issue he would of gotten even without football and drugs, but he has some deep mental issues.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
24 days ago
Even after you factor in he took home far less than that $88m (nearly half is gone in taxes, 3% before taxes to agent, etc) ... it's still mind boggling. Even $40m take home in less than a decade and be broke? Yikes

But I am guessing when you're young and come into what feels like endless stream of money. You spend like it's endless.
UserPostedImage
beast
23 days ago
Yeah some players spend it as fast or faster than it comes in and Brown was known for his cars and jewelry.

Also he travels and bought a minor league football team which he basically ran to the ground.
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
21 days ago
This is common with former NFL players. Most of them get bad financial advice post retirement and are broke within 5 years. Thats why its smart for those who take the booth and get a 6 to 7 figure deal to help keep up with their lifestyle.
beast
19 days ago

This is common with former NFL players. Most of them get bad financial advice post retirement and are broke within 5 years. Thats why its smart for those who take the booth and get a 6 to 7 figure deal to help keep up with their lifestyle.

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

On average, most are broke within 5 years, but most also on average have careers that last than 3 years.

I don't know any official stats, but my guess would be on average those that have long careers and earn the big bucks stay pretty wealthy the rest of their lives. Yes we hear about shocker guys going broke once in a while but so many more like a Chad Clifton that you never hear from again.

Still, I think it's been clear there is something extra wrong with Antonio Brown's head, and that even goes back to his rookie contract when I believe it was S Ryan Clark said he was hoping the Steelers didn't re-sign Brown to a big deal because he was different in the head.

Rarely do you ever hear someone admit they didn't want a teammate to get paid. Of course he said that after he retired and became a TV talking head, but still, I can't think of any other time a player has said such a thing, with the only exception being when guys played the same position and they knew the team would only be re-signing one of them. But Clark played a very different position.
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
19 days ago

On average, most are broke within 5 years, but most also on average have careers that last than 3 years.

I don't know any official stats, but my guess would be on average those that have long careers and earn the big bucks stay pretty wealthy the rest of their lives. Yes we hear about shocker guys going broke once in a while but so many more like a Chad Clifton that you never hear from again.

Still, I think it's been clear there is something extra wrong with Antonio Brown's head, and that even goes back to his rookie contract when I believe it was S Ryan Clark said he was hoping the Steelers didn't re-sign Brown to a big deal because he was different in the head.

Rarely do you ever hear someone admit they didn't want a teammate to get paid. Of course he said that after he retired and became a TV talking head, but still, I can't think of any other time a player has said such a thing, with the only exception being when guys played the same position and they knew the team would only be re-signing one of them. But Clark played a very different position.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Oh its common knowledge that AB jas mental issues. No debating that.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (4h) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (5h) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.