macbob
  • macbob
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
a month ago
Green Bay Packers Coach Dan Devine Broke His Leg in a Disastrous Debut 

Packers-Giants, 1970, Lambeau Field. Dan Devine in his first game as Head Coach. Giants QB was Fran Tarkenton (who started as a Vikings in the early 60s, was traded to the Giants in 1967, and back to the Vikings in 1972)...

Packers started the scoring with a 100 yd missed FG return...

gave up two TDs in six seconds...

trailed 42-24 at the end of the 3rd Qtr...

Dan Devine's lower leg was broken in two places during a Packers' interception of Tarkenton...

closed to 42-38...

then Giants hiked it over their punters head into the end zone...and Giants recovered for a Packers safety (42-40) instead of a Packers TD...

Packers drive to the Giants 36 and in range for a 43 yd FG (the game was in 1971, and the goal posts were still at the goal line, not the end line)...

EDIT: And threw an interception and never got off a kick...
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a month ago
UserPostedImage

Really? You want to go there? Haven't we suffered enough?

Thanks man. I'll name my next dog after you.
UserPostedImage
macbob
  • macbob
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
a month ago
Thanks, wpr...on reflection, I'm not as funny as I thought at the time...
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a month ago

Thanks, wpr...on reflection, I'm not as funny as I thought at the time...

Originally Posted by: macbob 

Yeah I walk that route all the time. What I find funny gets me the blank wife stare way too often. I finally asked her if she had any idea how many times I DIDN'T say what I was thinking. She's not impressed.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : got older over *
Zero2Cool (1h) : Glad to hear it! And Happy Birthday! My brothers had got over over weekend
Cheesey (2h) : Hi Kevin! Yes, I'm still alive. Just turned 67 a few days ago.
Zero2Cool (2h) : Alan has entered the building!!
dfosterf (2h) : Cutting Bowden is odd. I do remember reading he needed to work on his velocity, but don't even know how fixable that is
Zero2Cool (2h) : Packers signed a QB today
Zero2Cool (2h) : Packers long snapper Peter Bowden has been released to sign Jacob Eason.
wpr (4h) : I heard Reed tweeked his ankle and his youth camp.
beast (4h) : I believe NJI is usually used for pre-NFL injuries (rookies) and vets that got injured doing something they weren't supposed to.
beast (4h) : Might be interesting to hear how Reed got injured, as I believe NJI is non-football and teams don't have to pay you list.
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : Love won't practice until new deal is agreed. Ok, my stance changed
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : TRAIIIIINNNNNING CAMP!!! let's fookin go!!!
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : Jayden Reed placed on Non-Football Injury list
beast (21-Jul) : Yeah with the way the cap went up, don't be surprised if the new good QB gets more than $55 million per season
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : Kenny Clark. Extended!!
buckeyepackfan (21-Jul) : The "raw" number will probably be in that area. The numbers to look at are signing bonus. Guaranteed money, and Salary Cap Hit each year.
dfosterf (21-Jul) : Those numbers align with my guesstimate. Might find out tomorrow
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : Saw some rumor the Love contract is around 5 years $280m. There's no way.
Zero2Cool (19-Jul) : Packers sign wide receivers Rory Starkey and Jalen Wayne, waive Alex McGough.
Zero2Cool (19-Jul) : Free agent QB Jake Fromm worked out for the #Packers today,
Zero2Cool (18-Jul) : Cobb has NOT retired. open to playing in right situation
Zero2Cool (18-Jul) : Randall Cobb retires, joins broadcast for SEC games
Zero2Cool (18-Jul) : GOod thing 49ers took him. I think Packers would have taken Aiyuk if he was there
Zero2Cool (18-Jul) : Story goes, Packers felt he'd be on board cuz he's basically Deebo.
wpr (17-Jul) : I was disappointed the Packers didn't get the chance to draft Aiyuk. 10 minutes later I changed my mind.
Mucky Tundra (16-Jul) : Zero, absolutely! Reading comments from offseasn workouts all the players+coaches say the same
Zero2Cool (16-Jul) : Send him to Dolphins haha
Zero2Cool (16-Jul) : 49ers All-Pro WR Brandon Aiyuk has officially requested a trade after an offseason of unsuccessful attempts to reach an extension.
Zero2Cool (16-Jul) : My comment was not. I think offense starting off ahead of last season should be a great sight to see!
wpr (16-Jul) : It was only hyperbole people.
Mucky Tundra (16-Jul) : And that's with what we know unless a training camp darkhorse emerges
Mucky Tundra (16-Jul) : Wilson vs Dillon for RB
Mucky Tundra (16-Jul) : Just depends how many they want at each position but wrs 1-4 seem set with Melton vs Heath and Wilson v
Mucky Tundra (16-Jul) : Outside of some of the starting oline, the offense feels pretty locked in
Zero2Cool (16-Jul) : I think there are some battles, but seeing hte offense is gonna be must see for me
wpr (16-Jul) : this year no one is safe. Battles at every position!!!!1!
Mucky Tundra (16-Jul) : This is gonna be the craziest training camp ever!!!!1!
Zero2Cool (15-Jul) : training camp hyperbole is gonna be crazy
dfosterf (6-Jul) : He and 2 others in the car were killed. The allegedly drunk driver and her passengers were unharmed.
dfosterf (6-Jul) : Prince Georges county, MD. Just outside DC. He was a passenger in a vehicle struck by an alledgedly drunk driver.
beast (6-Jul) : Vikings 4th round pick, CB Khyree Jackson died in automobile accident
dhazer (6-Jul) : Just watching old highlights and was shocked at how much this offense can look like the 2010 offfense with so many different weapons to use
Zero2Cool (4-Jul) : Hells yeah baby!!! And happy Fourth of July!
packerfanoutwest (4-Jul) : Teams Rumor Mill 2024 NFL Schedule Peacock Josh Jacobs: Jordan Love is going to be the next superstar in this league, for sure
Mucky Tundra (27-Jun) : @ochocinco Jayden Reed bitch, learn the fucking name now got damn casual fans 🧀
Zero2Cool (26-Jun) : Thanks!
jdlax (26-Jun) : Happy belated Dad Day Kev and all
jdlax (26-Jun) : The Panthers- Canada's team
beast (26-Jun) : And the Hershey Bears for their AHL Championship 🏆 with tons of overtime games
Zero2Cool (25-Jun) : Sure getting lot of spam accounts lately.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
39m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

44m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

54m / Random Babble / Martha Careful

2h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

19-Jul / Fantasy Sports Talk / dhazer

19-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.