Since69
15 years ago
Cutting Ryan without warning a week before the season started was classless at best. And now, in retrospect, stupid as well. Maybe Frost will settle down, though. We saw in the Minnesota game that he's certainly capable of punting well.
UserPostedImage
Trippster
15 years ago
I didn't have a problem with Ryan in the first place. I felt he did prety well, at least I didn't notice him causeing problems. And for a punter, isnt that a good thing?
"Let Your Light Shine!"
15 years ago
Frost cant get the ball inside the 20, thats his problem. Hes had 2 punts inside the 20 this year in 22 punts.
UserPostedImage
bavpb
15 years ago

DeBauche, Waylon and Atterberry have no NFL experience.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

That kind of qualification predestinates them for the Pack. UserPostedImage

Have a nice day,
Harald
It was a tight game, and it swayed back and forth. And sure enough, he pulled out a victory at the end...
I swear to you, he smiled while he was doing it. He smiled til the end.
We’ll miss you, gunslinger.
warhawk
15 years ago

I didn't have a problem with Ryan in the first place. I felt he did prety well, at least I didn't notice him causeing problems. And for a punter, isnt that a good thing?

"Trippster" wrote:

Except he did cause problems Trip. Very eratic with shanks and extremely untimely line drives. Like line drives punting from his own 10 where the returner would get it on the dead run maybe just beyond the 50 leaving coverage out to dry.

Plus, he just got worse as the season wore on. He got outpunted by his opponent in nearly every game the last half of last year regardless of it being in Lambeau or not.

The only thing that kept his stats from being a total disaster was he was capable of nailing one about 65 yards now and then.

Frost has been Mr. Consistant his whole career and then comes here and punts like this. Nobody could have seen that coming.
"The train is leaving the station."
TheEngineer
15 years ago

Frost has been Mr. Consistant his whole career and then comes here and punts like this. Nobody could have seen that coming.

"warhawk" wrote:

I'll say. It's like there's some sort of NFL mental retardation cloud hanging over the Packers right now, for some damn reason.
blank
walleye
15 years ago
By Rob Demovsky
Despite his best performance since Week 1, Derrick Frosts days as the Green Bay Packers punter could be numbered.

The Packers on Monday worked out four punters, including former Bay Port High School and University of Wisconsin standout Ken DeBauche and former Pro Bowler Scott Player.

DeBauche spent part of the offseason on the Packers roster. He signed with his hometown team as a rookie free agent just a few hours after the April draft and went through the organized team activities and the mandatory minicamp. He was cut on July 24, just five days before the first practice of training camp.

DeBauche has been living in Milwaukee and made the drive to Green Bay on Monday. It was his first workout since the Packers released him. He worked out inside Lambeau Field along with Player, Zac Atterberry and Waylon Prather and long snapper Kevin Garvoille, according to the NFL transaction wire that is sent to all 32 teams but not released to the public.

I thought it went well, DeBauche said. I was pretty optimistic coming out of it in that I knew I punted well.

Player was the only NFL veteran among the group. The 38-year-old played for the Arizona Cardinals from 1998 to 2006 and made the Pro Bowl in 2000. He punted last season for the Cleveland Browns and was signed by the New England Patriots this offseason but did not make the team. In 727 career punts, he has averages of 43.1 yards (gross) and 36.1 yards (net).

Atterberry, who played at Lindenwood University, spent time on the Chicago Bears roster this offseason. Prather, of San Jose State, was with the New Orleans Saints in the preseason and was on the New York Jets practice squad briefly last month. Both are rookies.

After a solid first week, Frost struggled in three straight games before turning in an improved performance against Atlanta on Sunday. He punted three times and finished with averages of 41 yards (gross) and 40 yards (net) with one kick inside the 20.

Like DeBauche, Garvoille has ties to the state. He played at UW-Whitewater through 2003 and grew up in Oregon, which is near Madison.
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Pack93z
15 years ago
Sorry dude.. already a thread.. merged.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
chibiabo
15 years ago
:wickedfart: Thought this Frost cat was supposed to be more consistent then Ryan? Perhaps his being cut for a rookie should have sent up some smoke signals?
blank
gbpfan
15 years ago
i thought seahaws cut jon but i do know frost isnt it
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (6h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (6h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (8h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (8h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (8h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (9h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (9h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (20h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (21h) : damn those vikings
beast (22h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (22h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (22h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (22h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (22h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.