Rockmolder
13 years ago
Packers release four 

By Kareem Copeland

The Green Bay Packers have announced that cornerback Trevor Ford, safety Khalil Jones, linebacker Tim Knicky and quarterback Noah Shepard have been released.

This is likely the precursor to announced signings of draft picks. I do believe the roster was at 79 (including Tramon Williams) of the 80-man limit. So, to add draft picks, some people gotta go

Ford was the only one of the quartet that ever saw game action, appearing in three games in 2009 after being signed as an undrafted free agent in May of 2009.

Jones was on the practice squad for the last two weeks of last season.

Both Knicky and Shepard were signed as undrafted free agents in April.

Porforis
13 years ago
Surprised they let Ford go, if we need more depth anywhere, it's at CB.
RainX
13 years ago
Ford was more or less a camp body as his chances of making the final 53-man roster were rather slim. Lee, Underwood, and Bell are all better options imo for depth behind our main 3 CBs.
blank
IronMan
13 years ago
This is the time of year, that Jarrett Bush is thankful he has naked pictures of Ted Thompson.
Dulak
13 years ago

This is the time of year, that Jarrett Bush is thankful he has naked pictures of Ted Thompson.

"IronMan" wrote:

hes got to have more then that on him - more like naked pics of Ted Thompson with another guy
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Well, I'm not anti-Bush, but rather bummed we had enough injuries that we needed him on D. If I'm not mistaken, he's a good ST player.

Let's hope our DBs stay healthy enough that he stays mainly on ST, where he can help our team.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
buckeyepackfan
13 years ago
I will back Jarret Bush until he is no longer a Packer, the guy has stuck around because of his ST's play, he was asked to do a job last year that he had not prepared for, as bad as some thought he looked last year, he did show improvement each week after he was forced into the lineup.

Jarret Bush made his share of mistakes last year, but he gets blamed for a lot of bad plays that he is not respnsible for.

One other thing, he stays on the field, I'm also hoping the other guys mentioned can stay healthy, Packers are a better team if Jarret Bush is just concentrating on playing st's.

Back to the guys that were cut, is there a Practice Squad roster at this point, or do teams fill the PS after final cuts?
Some of these guys may end up there when it is all said and done.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Stevetarded
13 years ago

Well, I'm not anti-Bush, but rather bummed we had enough injuries that we needed him on D. If I'm not mistaken, he's a good ST player.

Let's hope our DBs stay healthy enough that he stays mainly on ST, where he can help our team.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

He would be a decent ST player if he could lay off the dumb penalties, but it seems like he can't so he really isn't even too good at that.
blank
Dulak
13 years ago

"Stevetarded" wrote:

He would be a decent ST player if he could lay off the dumb penalties, but it seems like he can't so he really isn't even too good at that.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I was going to say the same thing - bush is great on ST ... at getting penalties ... cant get through a game without some kind of penalty on him during a ST play.
IronMan
13 years ago
I'm not sure why people keep saying that Bush is good at special teams. I guess they think if people say it enough, it must be true. He once had two false starts on special teams in ONE game. How is that even possible?
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (22h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (23h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.