Since69
13 years ago
49ers put Kentwan Balmer on the block today. Wonder if he'd make a good 3-4 DE...
UserPostedImage
Dulak
13 years ago
thing with bigby and lee is that both of them are proven ... we still dont know how their replacements will be in real games.

I was pissed last year at lee for dropping I think 2 passes in the endzone - but the dude is at least better then our other 2 TEs ... although havner was fun to watch last year.
Finley being the #1 atm
but lee being the better blocker
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
13 years ago

why not brandon jackson and colledge (i d like to keep spitz because he can play multiple positiom) for marshawn lynch...

even if i dont mind ryan grant....but lynch could be an upgrade

"matteogb4" wrote:

HELL NO! Lynch has been noting but trouble... if he keeps it up he very well might be the next Adam "Pac-Man" Jones"...

49ers put Kentwan Balmer on the block today. Wonder if he'd make a good 3-4 DE...

"Since69" wrote:

I thought of that as well but 19 tackles in 27 games doesn't sound to good even knowing 3-4 DL don't put up as many stats normally... also if Harrell stays healthy I think the Packers have a pretty good DL rotation.

thing with bigby and lee is that both of them are proven ... we still dont know how their replacements will be in real games.

I was pissed last year at lee for dropping I think 2 passes in the endzone - but the dude is at least better then our other 2 TEs ... although havner was fun to watch last year.
Finley being the #1 atm
but lee being the better blocker

"Dulak" wrote:

Yeah I don't want to trade Lee but with Finley and two good up and comers in Quarless and Crabtree I might tell other teams Lee and Havner are possible to get and trade on for the highest offer, and keep the other 4 on the roster as I like all 5, but it's really unlikely they keep all 5... 4 is reasonable IMO.

Bigby has proven he can play SS and be decent when healthy. But he's also proven he hasn't been able to stay healthy lately. He's only had two times when he has played 8 pro games in one year. So even though he's proven he can do it, still not sure you can count on him.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
Guys that could be moved on this team maybe with some value of some sort...

Colledge (suckers) ;)
Donald Lee
AJ Hawk (albeit he salary would hurt that chance)
Bishop
James Jones (Albeit I don't think they move any of the 1-4 WR)

Beyond that.. I honestly don't see any candidates to be moved...
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Rockmolder
13 years ago

"Since69" wrote:

He just got traded to the Seahawks.

If there's anyone who's going, it's Colledge. Maybe Spitz. At least, if Bulaga wins that LG spot. It means you either have Spitz or Colledge coming off the bench to play LG/RG in case of injury to either Clifton, Bulaga or Sitton. And then you have the potential players behind that in guys like Dietrich-Smith. Makes sense to trade one of the two. Most likely Darren.
porky88
13 years ago

"Rockmolder" wrote:

He just got traded to the Seahawks.

If there's anyone who's going, it's Colledge. Maybe Spitz. At least, if Bulaga wins that LG spot. It means you either have Spitz or Colledge coming off the bench to play LG/RG in case of injury to either Clifton, Bulaga or Sitton. And then you have the potential players behind that in guys like Dietrich-Smith. Makes sense to trade one of the two. Most likely Darren.

"Since69" wrote:

That's my thinking as well. I don't see how you keep both of them if Bulaga wins the LG job. Since Spitz can play center, I'd keep him instead of Colledge. Plus, I think Spitz has a higher ceiling yet.
millertime
13 years ago
O-line depth isn't a bad thing. We're not going to get anything decent for Colledge anyways so we might as well keep him. And what happens when Clifton goes down for 3-4 games? We shift Bulaga and need Daryn at LG.

Keep him.
13 years ago

O-line depth isn't a bad thing. We're not going to get anything decent for Colledge anyways so we might as well keep him. And what happens when Clifton goes down for 3-4 games? We shift Bulaga and need Daryn at LG.

Keep him.

"millertime" wrote:

Yep. :thumbleft:
Blank402
13 years ago
I think Spitz would be more easily tradeable than Colledge.

If our starter are Clifton-Bulaga-Wells-Sitton-Tauscher the we've got Bualaga who can play LT if needed. Colledge can play LG and LT (worse case scenario), EDS can back up Wells and also play guard in a pinch (again worse case), Lang can play RT and RG, and also LG and LT in needed. We've got enough depth across the board that I think we could afford to trade Spitz and not lose out on much.

Gameday actives of Clifton, Bulaga, Wells, Sitton, Tauscher, Colledge, EDS and Lang has us covered at all positions.
blank
porky88
13 years ago

We're not going to get anything decent for Colledge anyways

"millertime" wrote:

I don't agree with this. Well, I guess it depends on decent. Last year, GB got Derrick Martin for Tony Moll and Martin proved to be one of the better special teams players. I think Colledge is worth more than Moll, so you could possibly get something for him. Maybe a No. 3 RB or a return man.
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (10h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
    earthquake (13h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
    beast (16h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
    dfosterf (19h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
    dfosterf (20h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
    Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
    Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
    dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
    dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
    packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
    beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
    Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
    beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
    beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
    beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
    beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
    dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
    dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
    Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
    beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
    Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
    beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
    beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
    Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.