Pack93z
13 years ago
What is bothering me... regarding football..

1.The Badgers have more starters injuried than suiting up regularly.

2. Flynn looks a little green yet.. and we have little other option on the roster.. hopefully one preseason game was just 'rust'.

3. Grant needs to pick it up a bit.. Jackson looks sluggish.. Starks can't get on the field and Lumpkin and Porter are greener than green. We still don't seem to have that scat back I have been longing for.

4. We don't have a solid option A, B or C as a returner at this point.. Blackmon may be able to fill one of those.. but will he remain healthy.

5. Defensive line depth.

6. The play of our middle linebackers.. until someone stands up and starts to hammer the line of scrimmage yet be able to effectively cover it will continue to bother my ass.

7. Why can't Chillar, whom flashes constantly, seem to put it all together and become an answer at a position.. not a question.

8. Will Al Harris make a complete comeback? If not, will Underwood, Lee, Blackmon, Bush step up and fill a void in legitimate depth for the Pack.

9. When the hell will Bigby get his head on the field and out of his wallet?

10. Can the team of Burnett and Collins address the communication issues and breakdowns that this team has been plagued with for the last couple of seasons.

11. Will Crosby and whomever becomes the regular holder get this kicking game righted?

12. Whom the hell will become a solid punter for this team and is he on the roster?

13. When the hell will the special teams get that freaking act together?

14. Why the hell am I stuck in the 20 thousands for my damn season tickets.. can't a guy get a 4 pack of tickets. ;)

Etc...

Then somewhere down the list.. why the hell are fans wishy washy double standard flag waiving rivals sticking sorts?

Now that I have rambled on.. I agree with the principle of you post... we can't make fun on the basis of the Vikings choking in the CG.. and we got spanked twice by them and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs in such a flame out manner.

We can however give them shit for a number of other reasons..

Like..

We told you so about Brett and the crunch time.

You are a bunch of tallywackers for letting Brett dictate the direction of your 2010 season and beyond.

Because you wear a ... a... it is freaking purple. 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
I for one would not fuck with DakotaT. His legs are like tree trunks.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago

Ok, let me put it this way.

1. One team wins the division, the other doesn't.
2. One team gets to the NFC championship game, and plays badly. The other team doesn't get to the NFC championship game.
3. One team wins both head-to-head matchups in a season. The other doesn't.

The bragging rights might be temporary. No, change that, they will be temporary. But they are what they are. They're there. Whether the loss to NO was due to one boneheaded play by Voldemort or to a team-wide meltdown really doesn't change any of that. They're still there. And they're still with the V*kings and their fans.

For a brief while longer its time to take the lumps and let the V*kings fans do the trash talking.

Be content in the knowledge that this time will pass. On October 24th.

"doddpower" wrote:

I'm sorry, but that just doesn't work for me. Let the Vikings do the trash talking? So us packer fans aren't supposed to talk trash? Forget that. Yes, it's very obvious they outplayed us last year. So what? I'm hoping / expecting us to play better then this year and I will talk a little friendly smack about it. I'm sure Vikings fans wouldn't like Packer fans to completely cease some trash talking and neither would I with them. It's part of the game, and part of the fun.

It's fine if you choose not to, but many us are going to have a little fun.

"Wade" wrote:

Feel free. :)

Besides, I'm an old fart. I guess I'm just not much for trash talk.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago

1.The Badgers have more starters injuried than suiting up regularly.

2. Flynn looks a little green yet.. and we have little other option on the roster.. hopefully one preseason game was just 'rust'.

3. Grant needs to pick it up a bit.. Jackson looks sluggish.. Starks can't get on the field and Lumpkin and Porter are greener than green. We still don't seem to have that scat back I have been longing for.

4. We don't have a solid option A, B or C as a returner at this point.. Blackmon may be able to fill one of those.. but will he remain healthy.

5. Defensive line depth.

6. The play of our middle linebackers.. until someone stands up and starts to hammer the line of scrimmage yet be able to effectively cover it will continue to bother my ass.

7. Why can't Chillar, whom flashes constantly, seem to put it all together and become an answer at a position.. not a question.

8. Will Al Harris make a complete comeback? If not, will Underwood, Lee, Blackmon, Bush step up and fill a void in legitimate depth for the Pack.

9. When the hell will Bigby get his head on the field and out of his wallet?

10. Can the team of Burnett and Collins address the communication issues and breakdowns that this team has been plagued with for the last couple of seasons.

11. Will Crosby and whomever becomes the regular holder get this kicking game righted?

12. Whom the hell will become a solid punter for this team and is he on the roster?

13. When the hell will the special teams get that freaking act together?

14. Why the hell am I stuck in the 20 thousands for my damn season tickets.. can't a guy get a 4 pack of tickets. ;)

Etc...

Then somewhere down the list.. why the hell are fans wishy washy double standard flag waiving rivals sticking sorts?

Now that I have rambled on.. I agree with the principle of you post... we can't make fun on the basis of the Vikings choking in the CG.. and we got spanked twice by them and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs in such a flame out manner.

Like..

You are a bunch of tallywackers for letting Brett dictate the direction of your 2010 season and beyond.

Because you wear a ... a... it is freaking purple. ;)

"pack93z" wrote:

Lest anyone think I'm completely out of it, I would add to Shawn's list of reasons that Viking fans can still be given shit, the following:

1. You still play home football games on a plastic field.
2. Under a giant garbage bag.
3. Defining horny by your (bad) choice of headwear.
4. While watching a team that plays in purple spandex.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
DakotaT
13 years ago

Lest anyone think I'm completely out of it, I would add to Shawn's list of reasons that Viking fans can still be given shit, the following:

1. You still play home football games on a plastic field.
2. Under a giant garbage bag.
3. Defining horny by your (bad) choice of headwear.
4. While watching a team that plays in purple spandex.

"Wade" wrote:

For me, it boils down to our championship successes versus their collossal failure. It's the ace of spades in any argument.

Head to head it's about even. McCarthey and Chilly came in the same year and McCarthey is up 5-3. Let the battle continue, but I will never back down to a Viking fan for God sakes, or overlook a Packer fan that displays Viking gear!

But the Vikings do have short term bragging rights to go with their short term memories.
UserPostedImage
jdspacker4
13 years ago

[quote="dhazer"]

But those same fans turned around and booed a so called Packer legend on his return.

"dhazer" wrote:

Ok hows this did people have a problem with Reggie asking for his release from the Packers so he could join the Panthers? NO!!!! But yet a guy that spent many years here and did alot of great things for this organization and he returns and gets boo'ed. And before someone says well he went to a divisional rival what about when Edgar Bennett went to the Bears and returned to play the Packers he was actually cheered. The new fans don't even come close to the old fans and have become really a disgrace to the old fans.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

A majority of players would be cheered when the take the turf for their former team. Favre with the Vikings going into Green Bay is a different story. He was the face of the franchise for well over a decade. He wasn't just some decent player who got let go and signed with another team. He basically cause a majority of the problems and didn't hide his desire to go to either the Vikings or the Bears as his two main choices. Everybody has had to deal with his BS for way too long now and he plays for our hated rival. Of course a majority of people are going to boo him while he is on the Vikings.
If he was still on the Jets and playing at lambeau he probably would have been cheered. Had he been hurt people would cheer for him once ge got up and was ok, not for being hurt. IMO it seems retarted to me you think "new fans" have become a disgrace to the "old fans". The old fans are probably the ones who have the most disdain for Favre while he is on the Vikings.
Most still like the guy(just not while he is on the vikings) and still appreciate what he did in Green Bay. Reggie was off for a full year before he chose to return and it wasn't to a hated rival or in a disrespectful way so I don't know how you bring that up, nor was he a diva. Bennett and Sharper both went and played for rivals but their cases are far different than Favres. I wish we kept Sharper but we didn't want to pay him. As for Bennett he is a class act so of course he got treated like one. Though I still like him Favre is far from a class act in some regards, and I hope he always does worse than the Packers do while he isn't on our team. I might be going to the packers/vikings game this year and I could go either way for booing or cheering for Favre which I'm leaning more towards booing when he enters the field right before game time. Guess that makes me a disgrace though who really gives a shit. If any player on any team gets hurt though I will give them a standing ovation when they are ok and get up or are taken off the field. I will be cheering out of control for "The Real Deal AARON RODGERS" and the rest of our team.
GO PACK GO!!!!
jdspacker4
13 years ago

Like..

Because you wear a ... a... it is freaking purple. ;)

"pack93z" wrote:

Grant is good not great but good enough for now. The rest of your points are valid. I think the secondary and special teams are the biggest concern right now.

And I agree we have plenty of other reasons we can amd should give the vikings shit for and not that game. It was a good entertaining championship game and I do not care for the vikings one bit but I'm not going to give them much shit for that.
GO PACK GO!!!!
Pack93z
13 years ago

, or overlook a Packer fan that displays Viking gear!

"DakotaT" wrote:

Hmmm.. darn it.. how many times to I have to say I had the supreme confidence in the Packers winning on my behalf. 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
RajiRoar
13 years ago

I can admit this and it doesn't bother me at all. I enjoy watching the Vikings lose as much as watching the Packers win.

"DakotaT" wrote:

ditto

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
zombieslayer
13 years ago

I can admit this and it doesn't bother me at all. I enjoy watching the Vikings lose as much as watching the Packers win.

"DakotaT" wrote:

I feel that way about the Cows. Not as much, but almost as much. About 86.2%.

As for what IronMan said, agreed.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷