djcubez
13 years ago

All I have been hearing from fellow Packers fans all off season, is how the Vikings choked against the Saints. They seem to take a lot of pleasure out of this. I don't.

If a team beats you twice, and advances further than you in the playoffs, you look really stupid giving that team shit when they lose.

That would be like if Bears fans would have gave us shit after we lost in the Wild Card round. "Haha the Packers lost. You suck!" My reaction to that would be, uh, guess what..you didn't even make the playoffs. And we kicked your ass, so shut your mouth.

I just think that as a fan, when your team is on the losing end, you should just be quiet. Talking shit about a team that beat your ass twice, is just, well, lame.

Flip the script. Say we sweep the Vikings this year, and lose in the SB. Afterward, Vikings fans litter the forum with stuff like, "Haha I knew you guys would choke."

Wouldn't you think that would be horribly lame? Of course you would. Well, that's exactly what a lot of Packers fans have saying about the Vikings since their playoff exit.

I don't like it. Thoughts?

"IronMan" wrote:

Well, the way I see it is kind of like a friendly rivalry. Say you and your friend enter a tournament, you lost in the first round and he makes it a lot farther but then chokes it away so close to the end. Are you ever going to let him forget that he choked that game away?

Even if it was an actual rivalry. Say you and your long-time enemy join a tournament. Same story, you lose early and he chokes it away in the end. Are you ever going to let him forget it?

Or war. If the USA was getting trashed by say Iraq in a war but they choked it away by allowing Canada to sneak in and demolish them. Would you ever let Iraq forget about it? LOL

I see your point, the fact that we have no right to brag because they technically did better than us. My point is that we're not bragging. There is no evidence of us in this specific discussion besides our taking part in it--it's all about them. That's why I don't have a problem with it. They won't even care about how bad we did because they're too stuck on how they let it all get away.

I also think it's a moot point because the only way we're associated with the franchise is as a fan. We have zero impact on how our team performs. Therefore we're not to blame for how our team did and neither are they. But they feel like shit at the moment, so why not rub it in a little bit?
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Actually, let's just say ping pong for argument's sake. This guy comes along and beats you 21-10. I would want him to go on and win the tournament so I could say "yeah, the guy who beat me was the best in the whole tournament."

If he goes on and loses to a spaz, how would that make me look?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
djcubez
13 years ago

Actually, let's just say ping pong for argument's sake. This guy comes along and beats you 21-10. I would want him to go on and win the tournament so I could say "yeah, the guy who beat me was the best in the whole tournament."

If he goes on and loses to a spaz, how would that make me look?

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I don't very much agree with that line of thinking though. If A beats B, and B beats C, does that mean C would lose to A? No, not necessarily.

Especially something with as many variables as football. A could have a good run defense and weak pass defense, while B could only have a good run offense and weak pass offense. C could have a good pass defense but a lousy run defense, allowing B's good run offense to beat them. But C's pass offense could help it kill A's porous pass defense.

Just sayin' lol
doddpower
13 years ago
The Vikings dominated us last year and had a better season. However, I still enjoy the friendly banter between "rivals." I'll congratulate them on a win, and be a bit sarcastic with a loss. "We'll get you next time . . . punks!"

=)
LambeauEast
13 years ago
I'm not much of a trash talker under any circumstance. That said, I DO truly love when the Queens lose, and in a perfect world, they would never win another game until the end of time! Plus add to that all of the monumental failures that they have waded through since their inception, and it's just too precious not to find joy in.

I hate the team, I hate the fans (present company excluded) and well... F*ck'em all!

"Minnesota, the land of 10,000 lakes and ZERO Lombardi trophies!"
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
13 years ago
So much stuff is going on in this thread, that it looks like a recap from all the things we've been talking about the last year.

IM's pet peeve, Shawn's annoyances, Nonstop's unhealthy obsessions to bring sex into every topic, Dhazer bringing up how our fans let Favre down, while half the forum tries to tell him it's his own fault, Wade rambling away, ZS using all kinds of anolagies for what he's trying to bring accross.

I'm proud of you guys.

Waiting for a Foster rant on the O-line, ZS on how defenses win championships and VR to make a post that relates to TJ Rubley.
zombieslayer
13 years ago

So much stuff is going on in this thread, that it looks like a recap from all the things we've been talking about the last year.

IM's pet peeve, Shawn's annoyances, Nonstop's unhealthy obsessions to bring sex into every topic, Dhazer bringing up how our fans let Favre down, while half the forum tries to tell him it's his own fault, Wade rambling away, ZS using all kinds of anolagies for what he's trying to bring accross.

I'm proud of you guys.

Waiting for a Foster rant on the O-line, ZS on how defenses win championships and VR to make a post that relates to TJ Rubley.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

For the record, I stole defense wins championships from Raider Pride. I was doing some research to show how wrong he was and my research concluded he was right.

Funny thing though, the recent trend is going towards superior firepower and a decent defense. Thus, I think we're positioned well in '10.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
tromadz
13 years ago
Don't shit talk unless you win the superbowl?

Are you new to football?
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

Nonstop's unhealthy obsessions to bring sex into every topic

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Excuse me? I made no sexual comments in this thread. My only post has been a statement of respect for DakotaT's massive form, which I have no desire to engage in a fight.
UserPostedImage
IronMan
  • IronMan
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
13 years ago

Don't shit talk unless you win the superbowl?

Are you new to football?

"tromadz" wrote:

That's not what I said.

You really need to work on your reading comprehension. Examples:

Gameday Chat:

PH member: "That was a bad pass by Rodgers."
Dale: "So we should cut Rodgers after one pass? Really?"
PH member: "That was a tough loss. Horrible effort today."
Dale: "So we lose one game and the season is over? Wow."