gbpfan
  • gbpfan
  • Registered Topic Starter
13 years ago
I like to read all of your post,but it has been a little hard of late,I'm not a prude I understand people have a right to speak their onions the way they see fit.But I'm just asking to tone it down a bit on the language I know some women it may not bother them,and I may be speaking out of turn,and I apologize for that,but I like what every one says you all have great input on these games.that is why I like here,I know i don't post a lot but I do come and read what all of you have to say.I do try to get past the language but of late it has not been easy,I hope I don't make enemies for asking

thanks for hearing me out.
4PackGirl
13 years ago
no enemy here. as you said, we each have our own opinions & you're simply stating yours. as you've probably figured out, i'm a woman & i can only speak for myself but none of the harsh language on here bothers me.
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
If you're making this request for your own sake, fine, I have no problem with it. If your rationale is that the women might be offended, I have a big problem with it. I find it rather misogynistic to assume that particular kinds of language would somehow offend women more than men. It's based on the idea that women are in some way mentally weaker than men and need to be protected by them. I know just as many, if not more, male prudes as female prudes. Often the thing that offends women the most (certainly the women I know) is that men are so damn afraid of offending them. Just be yourself and stop worrying about what others think so much.
UserPostedImage
Formo
13 years ago

If you're making this request for your own sake, fine, I have no problem with it. If your rationale is that the women might be offended, I have a big problem with it. I find it rather misogynistic to assume that particular kinds of language would somehow offend women more than men. It's based on the idea that women are in some way mentally weaker than men and need to be protected by them. I know just as many, if not more, male prudes as female prudes. Often the thing that offends women the most (certainly the women I know) is that men are so damn afraid of offending them. Just be yourself and stop worrying about what others think so much.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Off topic a bit, but I do my best to not swear in front of the womens, and not because I don't think they can handle it.

But because it actually makes me sound more mature. And the respect thing, too.

Just FYI. 🙂
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
I think cleaning up one's language can actually be a sign of latent disrespect in the form of condescending misogyny, something that's so deeply ingrained in us we don't even realize it most of the time. It's like my father considering the two Kats victims because they're sharing the same man -- the implication is that they're weak and can't choose for themselves, when in fact it's something they both really want. It betrays an underlying belief in the helplessness and inferiority of women to assume that they're somehow being led astray by a man. Similarly, cleaning up one's language in front of a woman can betray a presupposition that somehow they're less capable of handling it because their emotions or minds are weaker.

Don't get me wrong -- I have not the slightest problem with clean language; one of my pet peeves about being in the military is the overuse of profanity. I think it betrays laziness and a lack of creative thought. It's cleaning up one's language purely because one is in the presence of a woman to which I object.

If you wouldn't talk a certain way in front of a woman because it's disrespectful, why talk that way in front of a man? How is it any less disrespectful to talk that way to a man?

To quote the Kats:

Why bother? Are they implying we can't handle the language? Or that we don't use it as well? Or that they shouldn't be comfortable speaking freely around us? I see no reason to "clean up" language. Words are words. They each have their value.

"Kat2" wrote:

There are some women that would get offended by foul language. I think they're bitches. When it comes to my language, I'm probably worse than the average guy. I don't think men should clean up their language because of the man/woman interaction. I think it should be because of the level of professionalism required by the interaction. Some women want to be treated professionally on a date. Personally, I wouldn't want to date those kind of women.

"Kat1" wrote:

UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago
I know I tend to swear too much. (in front of both genders.)

But I shall endeavor to do better.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Formo
13 years ago

Don't get me wrong -- I have not the slightest problem with clean language; one of my pet peeves about being in the military is the overuse of profanity. I think it betrays laziness and a lack of creative thought. It's cleaning up one's language purely because one is in the presence of a woman to which I object.

If you wouldn't talk a certain way in front of a woman because it's disrespectful, why talk that way in front of a man? How is it any less disrespectful to talk that way to a man?

To quote one of the Kats:

Why bother? Are they implying we can't handle the language? Or that we don't use it as well? Or that they shouldn't be comfortable speaking freely around us? I see no reason to "clean up" language. Words are words. They each have their value.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

"Kat2" wrote:

Why in front of a man? Because he's got a pair hanging between his legs, that's why. Honestly, if the woman is pissed / feels disrespected because of my clean language in front of her.. that's her issue. Not mine.

This reminds me of one of my sisters.. She's got the biggest ego of any person I know. She's almost always right, she's this super feminist nazi.. The works. I've always picked on her more so than my other sisters because it drove her more crazier than the others. So I targeted her most often. She demands that I treat her as an equal. The one moment I did (when I put her against the wall by her neck), she FLIPPED out and told me how I should never hit / do that to her again because she was a girl. So this past weekend, I was poking at her, rubbing my hand down her face, etc. Being a big brother. She'd swing at me, and I'd keep doing it. She punched me, hard.

I looked at her and asked, "So, how do you want me to treat you? Like a woman or like an equal? Before you answer that, keep in mind that if you want me to treat you like an equal then expect the kind of reaction I would have if one of my friends just punched me."

My point? Fact is, women ARE different than men. And because of that fact alone, I choose to clean it up as much as I can be aware of it. If they are offended by that, all they need to do is get back to the kitchen.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
I swear far, far less than I used to. I just got tired of it, I think.

To quote Kat1 yet again:

I don't think men should clean up their language because women are around. If they're saying "fuck" every other word, I think they should clean up their language so they don't sound like complete idiots. It's the man's version of the Valley Girl.

"Kat1" wrote:

That made me chuckle. In the army, every other word is often some variant of "fuck." I actually used to say to guys, "You know, if you'd substitute the word 'like' for every time you say 'fuck,' 'fuckin',' or 'motherfuckin',' you'd realize just how stupid you sound."

They would just stare at me.
UserPostedImage
Formo
13 years ago

I swear far, far less than I used to. I just got tired of it, I think.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Me too. I've picked it up in recent months, not sure why. I initially stopped because I thought I would literally go to Hell if I swore like I did. Then after awhile, I'd go back in read my old entries in my blog and realized how immature and retarded I 'sounded'.

Then I realized God cares a lot more about what I do rather than what I say.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

Then I realized God cares a lot more about what I do rather than what I say.

"Formo" wrote:

I think that's worth an applause point and a couple of Kudos. 😉
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
4m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.