Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

WABC weather gal in 'rape' lie: cops 
Heidi charged with making up assault tale

By JAMIE SCHRAM and LEONARD GREENE
Last Updated: 11:15 AM, December 15, 2010
Posted: 1:38 AM, December 15, 2010

[img_r]http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/12/15/news/photos_stories/15.1n007.heidijones2--300x300.jpg[/img_r]Here's Heidi's forecast: Cloudy with a chance of deception.

WABC/Channel 7 weather babe Heidi Jones was arrested for perpetrating the ultimate snow job -- falsely claiming to cops that a man had tried to rape her while she was jogging in Central Park, sources said yesterday.
Jones, who anchors the station's weekend evening weather coverage and fills in on "Good Morning America," was charged Monday with filing a false report, a Class A misdemeanor. If convicted, she could face up to a year in jail or a $1,000 fine.

WABC will announce on its noon newscast today that it is suspending her indefinitely, a spokesman said. Sources indicated that the move is the first step toward firing her.

Jones spun a story that proved to be as unreliable as a five-day forecast, telling police last month that she was assaulted in September while pounding the pavement in the city's back yard, the sources said.

Jones, 37, told cops she was jogging in the park on the afternoon of Sept. 24 when a Hispanic man in his 30s or 40s grabbed her from behind, dragged her into a wooded area and attempted to rape her.

She told police that the would-be rapist was scared off by two passers-by who came to her aid.

But for cops, the story was all wet.

The first clue was that she waited until Nov. 24, two months later, to report the alleged attack, the sources said.

At the time, the sources said, she told police that three days earlier, on Nov. 21, the same man somehow found her again and harassed her, saying, "I know you went to the police."

After cops took her report, detectives conducted a lengthy investigation, canvassing the area for video and witnesses.

Coming up empty-handed, they went to talk to Jones again -- and noticed inconsistencies in her story, the sources said.

After being confronted with the discrepancies, Jones admitted that she had pulled the story out of thin air, the sources said.

Jones said she concocted the tale in a plea for sympathy to counter some unknown setback that she was experiencing in her personal life, the sources said.

But whatever that ordeal was, Jones has apparently hidden it well. Most of her public posts, on both Facebook and Twitter, have been bright and sunny for weeks.

In one upbeat tweet posted Nov. 21 -- the day she said she was harassed by her make-believe attacker -- she wrote: "Here is ur turkey day forecast! Gobble gobble!!"

She even remained upbeat as the cops closed in on her.

"You guys ready for the arctic chill?" she posted on her Facebook page Monday, the day she was arrested.

"Ready or not . . . it's going to be bitterly cold tomorrow and Wednesday, with highs sub freezing and a wind chill to make your toes shake! Be careful!"

Jones came to Channel 7 in 2005 from Houston.

jamie.schram@nypost.com

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/wabc_weather_gal_in_rape_lie_cops_Dt6rDzCTktzVPJ049g2YlO#ixzz18EV2wDVv 

So if the police had decided to be dicks and railroad some poor guy who happened to fit the description, he would have been facing 30 years to life; but the woman who makes the false allegation faces up to a year or $1000. She would have faced the same penalty if she'd falsely accused someone of stealing her bike or a vase. The disparity is unbelievable.

Ladies, if you get sexually assaulted, don't wait to report it. Call the police and head for the hospital immediately. Don't go to the bathroom, don't take a shower, don't change your clothes. Spit the semen into a Ziploc bag and save it. And whatever you do, don't have consensual sex with the guy who supposedly raped you.

It's because women do stupid things like these that the conviction rate for sexual assault is so low. Never forget that if you choose to file a sexual assault complaint, it will be you, not the accused, who will really be on trial. Every detail of your life will be rummaged through and brought to light, and every effort will be made to destroy your credibility and portray you as a nasty slut. Consider carefully the potential consequences before you go off half-cocked against a guy who's pissed you off.
UserPostedImage
Formo
13 years ago
Great post.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
TheEngineer
13 years ago

Jones said she concocted the tale in a plea for sympathy to counter some unknown setback that she was experiencing in her personal life, the sources said.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

That about says it all.
blank
Cheesey
13 years ago
Wow.....i've had some rough times, but NEVER thought of making up a fake crime. Something is wrong upstairs with that woman.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
13 years ago
Wow.....i've had some rough times, but NEVER thought of making up a fake crime. Something is wrong upstairs with that woman.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
It is attention deprived "victims" like this that fuels some folks belief that no victim can be trusted and they all have some underlying self serving motive behind it.

Sure there are ladies/victims like this that exist and play the card.. doesn't mean that they all fall into this category. Case by case.. situation by situation and fact by fact that can be gathered. Non Had some very righteous and correct words at the end of his post.

I hope they prosecute her to the full letter of the law and thankfully she didn't identify someone directly to place them under false suspicion.

I guess the authority figure (Police) and the justice model worked correctly in this case, police didn't just go out and arrest someone falsely.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
13 years ago

In one upbeat tweet posted Nov. 21 -- the day she said she was harassed by her make-believe attacker -- she wrote: "Here is ur turkey day forecast! Gobble gobble!!"

I think anyone that tweets lame shit like that should be incarcerated.
Porforis
13 years ago

"dfosterf" wrote:

1 year for the false report, 5 years for "Gobble gobble!!", 6 months community service for "ur".
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

It is attention deprived "victims" like this that fuels some folks belief that no victim can be trusted and they all have some underlying self serving motive behind it.

"pack93z" wrote:

That's exactly why these stories bother me so much. There are genuine victims out there who cannot be heard because there is so often a presumption that they made the stories up. That's what breaks my heart.
UserPostedImage
musccy
13 years ago

"dfosterf" wrote:

+1 for making me snicker
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (5h) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (5h) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (5h) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (9h) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (11h) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (12h) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-May / Around The NFL / bboystyle

27-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.