warhawk
13 years ago
There are some positive things that comes out of being the #6 seed I really didn't think about much before hearing McCarthy talk about it.

GB knew they were going to be playing Atlanta as long as they won obviously so they began preparing for them last Thursday like they they can during the regular season. They have their quality Control staff doing a lot of things ahead of time to get everything in order for the following week.

This is not the players preparing for Atlanta before the Philly game but the Staff assigned to put together all the material and stuff the coaching staff needs to set their game plan. McCarthy said there were meetings between staff and coaches on Atlanta going back to Thursday.

Atlanta, on the otherhand, could not begin to prepare for the Packers like this because they weren't sure who it was they were going to be playing. It could have been the Saints, or Seattle, but because Seattle won and GB won it's GB. With so many teams in play Atlanta could not really get any head start like the Packers did.

The last time we played a bye week team on a semi-short week playing Sunday Night and then going to the Jets off a bye the next Sunday we caught them out of sync while we were game ready.

I hope history is about to repeat itself.
"The train is leaving the station."
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

There is no reason to compare them to the 2010 Packer if you are focusing on the #6 seed as the Giants were a 5 seed.

"wpr" wrote:

Were they really? Now I feel foolish.

My main point still stands, though, as what I was mainly trying to do is point out that the Packers are one of the most talented wildcards in recent memory, perhaps ever.

I also can't compare them to the 9-7 Cardinals of a couple years ago, because they were a division winner. So I guess my analysis was wrong headed on all fronts.

Anyway, thanks for the correction, and I'm looking forward to this game.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

There is no reason to compare them to the 2010 Packer if you are focusing on the #6 seed as the Giants were a 5 seed.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Were they really? Now I feel foolish.

My main point still stands, though, as what I was mainly trying to do is point out that the Packers are one of the most talented wildcards in recent memory, perhaps ever.

I also can't compare them to the 9-7 Cardinals of a couple years ago, because they were a division winner. So I guess my analysis was wrong headed on all fronts.

Anyway, thanks for the correction, and I'm looking forward to this game.

"wpr" wrote:

no need to feel foolish (that is what we have Cheesey for :physassult: )
your main point was that the Giants won the SB and this GB team compares favorably to them.

The only 6 seed was the Steelers. The only 5 seed was the Giants.
UserPostedImage
shanks2122
13 years ago
GB 27 ATL 17
blank
jdlax
13 years ago
Saw this online, thought it was kinda funny.

UserPostedImage
rabidgopher04
13 years ago
Well, I thought it was going to be much closer to this, but this was very exciting. Can't wait for the Bears or Seahawks next week.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
kobe16
13 years ago
This game was completely dominated by us. We kicked Atlanta's butt at their own game. Long drives, efficiency, and ball control- time of possesion and turnover wise. The bears or seahawks better watch out.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
13 years ago
Even when the Packers were behind 14-7, they were outplaying the Falcons. I now believe the theory, which sounded dumb to me at the time, that Lovie Smith wanted to beat the Packers in that last game of the season because he knew they would be dangerous in the playoffs.
blank
yooperfan
13 years ago
OMG, this team is hot!
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Even when the Packers were behind 14-7, they were outplaying the Falcons. I now believe the theory, which sounded dumb to me at the time, that Lovie Smith wanted to beat the Packers in that last game of the season because he knew they would be dangerous in the playoffs.

"Greg C." wrote:

Donald Driver said they were telling the Packers they didn't want to see them in the playoffs. Careful for what you wish for, Seahawks might help them out there.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (23h) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.