Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Some of you may remember how boisterous I was during the off season stating the Packers had Super Bowl XLV in the bag, providing no major injuries to starters. Grant, Finley and Barnett took that away as I consider them three to be major injuries, even though I believe Bishop > Barnett.

I do not want the Packers to lose against the Bears this weekend, (or ever), but even if the Packers run out of time, I'm one proud Green Bay Packers fan. I'm proud we have a GM that doesn't waver, believes his method, maybe he's a little arrogant in that regard, but hell, maybe he deserves to be. I disagree with some of McCarthy's decision making, but he has our team 60 minutes away from the Super Bowl ... the SUPER BOWL! Who seen this coming? I sure didn't, not after placing some 17 players on injured reserve.

I didn't like losing Aaron Kampman, but understood it. Same goes with Ruvell Martin, Al Harris and did my best to be level headed with the retirement/trade of Brett Favre.

But here we are, mere 60 minutes away from the biggest show in the world, the Super Bowl. I even have my 9 year old daughter hyped up over this game. She's asked me last night while the NFL Replay was showing the Flacons/Packers game, she said "daddy did we win, did we win the super ball?" She was pretty excited and I didn't have the heart to correct and replied that we have to beat the Bears and then two weeks from then we are playing to win the Super Bowl.

She has no interest in football, until the playoffs started and I explained to her, the Packers are one of 12 teams out of 32 that are eligible to win the championship. She didn't garner interest until the Falcons game when I said it was down to eight and after they won, down to four. Perhaps shes excited for it because she sees my excitement? I don't know, but I think it's cool.

While walking around at work, here in Colorado, I have a black fleece with the Packers logo on it and random people come up to me and say go pack go, hope they win it all, kick ass game!, you guys are unstoppable, etc ...

After everything is said and done, win or lose, it's great being a Green Bay Packers fan and I'm proud of what the Packers have accomplished this season. Make no bones about it, I want it all, bring on the Bears, bring on the AFC, we got this! [url=Pro_News/aid=162.html]full article[/url].
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
love it. I want to win the super ball too.
UserPostedImage
13 years ago
This is the most important game we have been in since 1997 and you know what? It makes me damn proud that through all the querying eyes and backlash our staff have prevailed over the armchair fan.

You can't ask for anything more, Bears Vs. Packers to see who goes to the superbowl, a team that can say with a beaming grin that they faced the most adversity of all the contenders this season and stayed upright and actually became stronger.

The Packers grip on this year is terminal.
UserPostedImage 
Zero2Cool is my captain.
bozz_2006
13 years ago
I don't think I've ever agreed with you more. Nicely done. It's been a magical year. Seeing our guys truly rise to the occasion the past four weeks has been awesome. Very proud to be a Packer fan.
UserPostedImage
digsthepack
13 years ago
Testament to the type of charachter Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy look for in their personnel moves, and their ability to create and coach a roster. NEVER used injuries as an excuse, and if both are not Executive and Coach of the year finalists/winners....something is deeply wrong with the process.

Proud to be part of the Green and Gold nation.....which is world wide. Let Dallas be "America's Team".....we have the world!
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

Testament to the type of charachter Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy look for in their personnel moves, and their ability to create and coach a roster. NEVER used injuries as an excuse, and if both are not Executive and Coach of the year finalists/winners....something is deeply wrong with the process.

Proud to be part of the Green and Gold nation.....which is world wide. Let Dallas be "America's Team".....we have the world!

"digsthepack" wrote:

I had 670 The SCORE on yesterday. they were interviewing Hub Arkush. he had just expounded on what Fox was saying during the Atlanta game. that GB has had starters miss 90 games this year and no team as ever had that much time missed by their starters and even made it to the playoffs little alone winning a playoff game. They were actually talking about who are the candidates for Coach of the Year. The host asked if Lovie was a candidate. I laughed. Hub as a little more polite in his no.
UserPostedImage
GoPack1984
13 years ago
Great article. I agree with everything you said. I love hearing that your daughter is starting to get excited about the Packers. :icon_smile:

It has been a special couple of weeks for us fans. It has been hard to stop smiling. I think how far this team has come despite the injuries really reflects how good the coaching staff is.
blank
RashaanSalaami
13 years ago
Glad to hear your daughter excited about it! I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I've been watching a lot of football at home and my grandmother, who barely speaks English is getting into it. She's always in bed by 9, unless the Packers are playing, in which case she'll stay up to watch it. In both cases, it's probably just because we're crazy fans, but that's how it starts. Hope your daughter sticks with it and learns to appreciate football.

As for your other point, I couldn't agree more. I'm proud of what this bunch has accomplished. It starts at the top and trickles all the way down to the bottom. I was satisfied with just making the playoffs given our laundry list of injuries, but now that we're in and winning, that XLV or die attitude is starting to come back. GO PACK GO!
blank
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Keiana was pretty excited after the game. She said "daddy are we going to the Super Bowl??" It was cute. We watched the live stream of the Packers arriving at Austin Staubel for about 30 minutes or so. She kept asking are they coming yet... I said, you'll know it by the loud cheers. Suddenly, loud cheers and she squeezed (she had her left arm around my neck) and said "daddy i think they're coming!!". She didn't know who anyone was because no one had their jerseys on, lol.

Win or lose, I said I was going to proud and that I wanted more ... I want more. I want the ring, I want OUR trophy to be brought BACK to its rightful position.

Win or lose, I'll walk around with my Packers gear on, NFC Championship, Super Bowl, it doesn't matter ... the Packers made their fans proud in the '10 season and I'll gladly strut my feelings wherever I go.

GO PACK GO!

fuck up those Steelers

Edit, you can watch a minute or two of it here. Pretty awesome.
http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/fans-lining-up-at-airport-to-greet-team 
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
Zero I am glad you got to share it with your daughter. My son is living in Chicago. He called to share some of his game day experiences.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (22h) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
38m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

2h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

8h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

8h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

17h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

18h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

23h / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.