nerdmann
12 years ago

IMO Flynn will remAin a PAcker for mAny seAsons

Originally Posted by: dhpackr 

Even Doug Pederson got his shot.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
12 years ago

I'd guess Flynn doesn't get traded. It seems like Thompson doesn't like trading away players unless they're trying to move past them (Favre), they're unsigned and have great hype value to trade them (Corey Williams) or if they're not going to make the team so Thompson tries trading for someone who might.

So Thompson values the players we have very much and so someone who probably have to reach in a trade to get someone from him. So I'd say 2nd or high 3rd as far as value Thompson might have put on Flynn.

But I don't think Flynn has proven he'd be worth that. Yes they almost won the Patriots game with him as starter but they were using him as a game manager type QB and he had some problems managing the game.

He had to wait a lot longer than other QBs to get the call in, I didn't see him changing the calls from the pre-snap much... and he had trouble with time management in the 4th. Also he had trouble getting the ball close to any WRs 20+ yards down field. So I don't think anyone is gonna be looking at him as starter right now and therefor not willing to pay Thompson price. Of course that being said the Seahawks traded for Charlie Whitehurst who's has been questioned big time.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
12 years ago

IMO Flynn will remAin a PAcker for mAny seAsons

Originally Posted by: dhpackr 

I Am so confused by your typing

but I hope you're right
Rockmolder
12 years ago

Does Detroit run a WCO? A QB could go down in training camp.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I could swear I saw a swastika when I read your post. Pleasently surprised I was mistaking. 😛
millertime
12 years ago

Not if you add in the fact that Flynn is probably leaving in free agency and you would have had to spend that pick on a new back up regardless of a trade.

If they can get a good deal on Flynn from some desperate team then go for it. Flynn isn't that good that he is absolutely irreplaceable. He looked ok last year but he made some bad mistakes as well and lost both games he was in. If Rodgers is lost for an extended period of time it probably doesn't matter who the back up is it's game over. If it's just a couple games then the defense and offensive weapons are probably going to be good enough that we can survive whether the back up is Flynn, Harrell, or Random Rookie FA guy.

Originally Posted by: Stevetarded 

If he does leave in FA, we'll probably get a compensatory pick (if its in the new labor deal). I just think we have an extremely good chance of repeating because of the lockout and would hate for us to lose a couple games if A-Rod went down. We have a HUGE target on our backs this year, so you know most teams will bring their A-game against us.

It's not game over if A-Rod goes down. Flynn can keep us competitive until Aaron's back.
nerdmann
12 years ago

I could swear I saw a swastika when I read your post. Pleasently surprised I was mistaking. :p

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

Yeah I'm just an asshole, not a Nazi or anything.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (8h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.