djcubez
15 years ago

Defense = fail tonight. That's what lost us the game. There would've been no need to press if they would've been able to stop New Orleans ONCE.

Rodgers had a D game. Hawk, Bigby, etc. had an F game.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

I agree. If we had stopped them once in the first half. I mean, even holding them to a tie game at halftime would've been huge. But no, we gave up a HUGE return and let them score.
Pack93z
15 years ago

I was not expecting this. Maybe our vaunted secondary has been reading its own press clippings. I think the poor play of the safeties is what's killing them. On the first TD, Bigby was loose in coverage and took a bad angle, then Collins took a bad angle. On the most recent TD (Colston's 70 yarder) Rouse was late getting over. And as usual there is very little pass rush.

The two horrible picks by Rodgers are what turned it into a blowout, though. He's pressing and is telegraphing some of his throws.

"Greg C." wrote:

Nailed it.. Bigby is not able to cut and move like he should.. overran that first touchdown. Rouse was out of position several times and Hawk got exposed in coverage a couple of different times.. one he wasn't deep enough and the touchdown by Miller, he can't run with them.. looks like something in his legs are slowing him.. either that or he is slower than I thought.

We couldn't stop them.. that 4 and inches early in the 3rd was the game we needed a stop and take the lead.. instead.. we went down by 2 scores and took ourselves out of our gameplan... game set match.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
15 years ago
Going to separate the wheat from the chaff w/this one...fair weather fans gonna go bye-bye...That one hurt real good---ok...builds character...

Sorry for the sig and avatar, just tryin' to give my little purple friend a good laugh at my expense.
obi1
15 years ago
Giving kudos to the Saints.

Breeze was on fire tonight. I can see that Rodgers will be a lot like him but has a few years to go before that happens.

Packers Defense was NON existent tonight and the Vaunted secondary was no match for Breeze.

Rodgers was off his game tonight. He was forcing things from early on. His accuracy was off.

I was looking for some positives in this game and I found little tonight.
blank
Greg C.
15 years ago

We couldn't stop them.. that 4 and inches early in the 3rd was the game we needed a stop and take the lead.. instead.. we went down by 2 scores and took ourselves out of our gameplan... game set match.

"pack93z" wrote:

Yes, and the real killer on that 4th and inches conversion was the play before, where it was 3rd and 15. The Packers decided to rush 3 and drop 8 into coverage. A bad decision, but with 8 guys in coverage a receiver should not have been left WIDE OPEN at the first down marker. The mental lapses by this team, game after game after game, have been such a disappointment this year.
blank
Pack93z
15 years ago

Yes, and the real killer on that 4th and inches conversion was the play before, where it was 3rd and 15. The Packers decided to rush 3 and drop 8 into coverage. A bad decision, but with 8 guys in coverage a receiver should not have been left WIDE OPEN at the first down marker. The mental lapses by this team, game after game after game, have been such a disappointment this year.

"Greg C." wrote:

Couldn't agree more.. it has little to do with anything but focus and consistency.. and with the way Mike McCarthy had this team prepared last year.. I didn't think it possible to see this crap this year.. almost the entire starting group has 2 years of game experience under them..

Disappointing is correct.. rollercoaster.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
CDNRodgersfan
15 years ago
I was sure surprised how few third and 10's we've converted this year. Justs shows how much we need positive rush yards on 1st down
djcubez
15 years ago
The irony of this game is that the Packer's still have a better chance at making the playoffs than the Saints.
GOPACKGO1225
15 years ago
Absolutely terrible game tonight. No defense what so ever and didn't run it enough in the first half imo. Grant was having success and they should of ran with him more. But those INT's were ugly as well. That INT with Jennings was just bad. But yeah, Brees had way too much time to throw and when you give a QB of his caliber all the time in the world, he is going to make big plays. Also WTF was with Rouse on that long TD? He just stopped. He could of had the tackle and could of saved a TD (Which wound up costing me one of my fantasy games BTW). Overall just a piss poor performance from the team and next week is a MUST win or you can kiss the season goodbye.
porky88
15 years ago

"Greg C." wrote:

"pack93z" wrote:

The 3rd and 15 or 16 was the killer. GB gave them way to many yards. I would have blitzed and forced a quick throw and make a quick tackle. Give up 8 or 9. Instead Brees had time go down field which he did and it setup the 4th and 1.

That play hurt and Rodgers first INT was the icing on the cake for the Saints in my opinion. Yeah Jennings fell down, but that throw looked like it shouldn't have been made anyways.
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Mucky Tundra (54m) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
    Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
    TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
    Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
    dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
    dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
    Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
    earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
    beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
    dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
    dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
    Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
    Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
    dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
    dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
    packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
    beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
    Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
    beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
    beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
    beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
    beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
    dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
    dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
    Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
    beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
    Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    2h / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

6h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

9h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.