wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
12 years ago

Perhaps the most surprising thing about the Green Bay Packers’ roster, as it stands after today’s cuts, is that 10 of the 53 players are rookies.

That could always change in the next 16 hours when waiver claims can be put in, but for now seven of the 10 draft picks and three undrafted free agents have survived. The waiver period ends at 11 a.m. tomorrow.

What’s more, two of the three undrafted rookies play the same position, outside linebacker, where both Jarami Lattimore and Vic So’oto made it.

“I doubted even a few days ago that both of us would make it,” said So’oto, who was Lattimore’s roommate at St. Norbert College in training camp. “I thought maybe one of us would have been on the 53 and probably the other one would have been on the practice squad. But for both of us to make it and being undrafted, it’s just really cool.”

The other undrafted rookie to make it was safety M.D. Jennings.

packernews.com wrote:

more online 
UserPostedImage
nyrpack
12 years ago
some of these guys look like good players !!
jimmy b.
buckeyepackfan
12 years ago
Good read on So'oto....GJ gets to break the news....

GREEN BAY – While Vic So’oto made the Green Bay Packers’ 53-man roster on Saturday, the undrafted rookie free agent outside linebacker didn’t make it into the main locker room until Monday.

So’oto had spent training camp dressing on “The Green Mile” – the nickname the players have given the auxiliary locker room – along with the rest of the undrafted free agents and roster longshots. When players reported to work Sunday, he, Jamari Lattimore, M.D. Jennings and Ryan Taylor still had their lockers back there,

“I think we’re just comfortable back here,” So’oto joked Sunday. “’Red’ (equipment manager Gordon ‘Red’ Batty) said he was going to move us into the big locker room.”

So’oto spent cutdown day wondering whether he had done enough to make the team, even though his tour de force performance in the preseason finale removed all doubt for most outside observers. So’oto, though, waited by his phone for a call that never came.

“It was kind of a relief, actually. A lot of relief, finally getting to a point where I can contribute and know I made the team,” So’oto said. “Nothing is for sure, especially in this business.

(full story)

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=6126&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter 

dont worry, ill add the quotes for you wrote:

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
I wonder if Jennings is going to pick up the nickname "Doc.":-({|=
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago
And there were some that thought we would go all nostalgic this season and not inject enough fresh blood into the roster. [grin1]

10 players to a roster that was deep enough last season to withstand the injury counts we did last season.

To me.. that is freaking amazing.

BTW.. if Lattimore and add some bulk to his silky smooth agile frame.. I think he may develop into one hell of a 3 down backer.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DakotaT
12 years ago

And there were some that thought we would go all nostalgic this season and not inject enough fresh blood into the roster. [grin1]

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

What! Don't worry, we still have a ways to go. DD, CC, and RG are on their farewell tour. 🤫 🤫
We don't want to rile up ones that still think the earth is flat.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

What! Don't worry, we still have a ways to go. DD, CC, and RG are on their farewell tour. 🤫 🤫

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

WTF?

DD? Dumdum Dugan?
CC? Cris Carter?
RG? Right Guard?

UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
12 years ago

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

And let's hope they all have a great farewell tour.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
12 years ago

BTW.. if Lattimore and add some bulk to his silky smooth agile frame.. I think he may develop into one hell of a 3 down backer.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Ya think so? He does seem to end up near the ball a lot. Besides that and how undersized he is, I don't have much of an impression of him. What is it about him that you like?
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
12 years ago

And let's hope they all have a great farewell tour.

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

with an encore? :-"
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (4h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (4h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (6h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (6h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (6h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (7h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (7h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (18h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (20h) : damn those vikings
beast (20h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (20h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (20h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (20h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (20h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.