dyeah_gb
12 years ago
After the 1st quarter, comments on the chat varied from "Nothing to worry about" to "We are in trouble." I was not happy that the Carolina scored so easily on the first drive but the Pack was the better team over four quarters. Unlike some moments last year during the regular season, the scoreboard reflected this fact as well.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Porforis
12 years ago
As Nonstopdrivel mentioned, I don't get why people can NOT be upset about a slow start. I get not assuming that we're going to lose after a bad first quarter, but there's no excuse for a superior team like the packers to play as poorly as they did initially. If they played even halfway decent in the first half this would have been a lot closer to the blowout that people were predicting.

We're the defending super bowl champions, if we play like it then we'll repeat. If not, we'll lose to teams we should beat. Destiny is in our hands, and glad we were able to overcome.
nerdmann
12 years ago

As Nonstopdrivel mentioned, I don't get why people can NOT be upset about a slow start. I get not assuming that we're going to lose after a bad first quarter, but there's no excuse for a superior team like the packers to play as poorly as they did initially. If they played even halfway decent in the first half this would have been a lot closer to the blowout that people were predicting.

We're the defending super bowl champions, if we play like it then we'll repeat. If not, we'll lose to teams we should beat. Destiny is in our hands, and glad we were able to overcome.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

To some degree, this team is always flirting with disaster. But we're getting it done, so I'm not gonna bitch too much. So far so good!
The Bears will always be a close game. Their defense is predicated on our offense. Lovey was hired mainly to beat us. They seem to be able to take our our vertical passing game.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
evad04
12 years ago

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

I understand the sentiment that it's reasonable to be upset about a slow start, but I disagree with the reference to being defending champs. It changes nothing, other than the target on our back is bigger. Last year we won the Super Bowl and were still part of a bunch of close games. The only thing that matters in the end is scoring more points than the other team. We don't get a bump in the BCS by blowing out teams. Basically my point is that playing like the champs, if we were to follow our model last year, means playing in a lot of close games but winning when it was most important. They can maintain that pace without necessarily starting fast or always dominating inferior teams.

In regard to the beginning of the game, it was surprising. Carolina came right out slingin' the ball. In some cases there were apparent lapses in coverage; in other cases guys just won the one on one. Then you fumble a kickoff, and your first possession goes three and out. Then they started making plays. If they hadn't forced four turnovers it would a lot closer to an upset no one saw coming.

Basically, one can't stress enough the "any given Sunday" nature of football. Baltimore absolutely smashed the defending AFC Champion Steelers last week than loses to the Titans (who couldn't even beat the Jags last week). There are no "easy" wins despite how often these matchups are played on paper in advance.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
tromadz
12 years ago
I never lost faith, despite how ugly things got.

And it WAS ugly. The defense started off pretty shitty. The Special teams TO by Cobb didn't help matters, but TwinkieGorilla and a few others were...going too far with the freaking out. You'd think after watching this team the last 4-5 years, they'd figure things out, but you'd be wrong.

Bring on the Bears. Then the BRONCOS! Ha! 3-1 at worst!
millertime
12 years ago
My gripe is the 3 short FGs by Crosby. Finley was an idiot for not keeping both hands on the football during his TD drop. Kuhn was inches away from getting another TD. I don't like settling for FGs and leaving points on the table. We could have been up by a lot more than we were at that point.

But our team and defense showed some resolve in this game and I'm proud of them for sticking in the game and coming away with a road win.
evad04
12 years ago

My gripe is the 3 short FGs by Crosby. Finley was an idiot for not keeping both hands on the football during his TD drop. Kuhn was inches away from getting another TD. I don't like settling for FGs and points on the table. We could have been up by a lot more than we were at that point.

Originally Posted by: millertime 

Those FGs were aggravating. Imagine if they were able to get 6 on just ONE of those possessions?

I was also scratching my head right before half. We went for it on 4th down, which was fine (a drop by Jennings IIRC). But why not take a timeout between 2nd and 3rd down? The clock was ticking, they had three timeouts, but they rushed up to the line and it was another pass off Jennings' fingers. It just seemed a little odd considering the gravity of a possible conversion, our field position, and the amount of time remaining.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Dexter_Sinister
12 years ago
It is the NFL. Any given sunday. Looking bad and still out playing and beating your opponent is acceptable.

The time I want to see the team working like a well oiled machine is the last 3rd of the year. We can struggle but win up until then.

The Bears have a pretty good D and the Saints pounded them. I wouldn't consider a poor showing against the Saints O and endemic problem. Specially if we won.

I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
zombieslayer
12 years ago
I wasn't worried either.

However, I will say I was disappointed. We should have won that game by double digits. Poor performance by the Packers, considering the level of talent we have.

Yeah, you could say "but we won." No shit, Einstein. But we should have decimated this team.

I'm hoping we get our D problems resolved for da Bears. That's our first real important game. The others are important, don't get me wrong, but this one is the most important one of the first 3.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Packers have a 2 in the W column. I'm not sure where the dominated or decimated column is, but as long as Packers keep getting W's and my ticker doesn't explode ... from all these damn game deciding last drive ... I'm good.

I must say, it feels like the Packers have a Lamborghini and won't get it past 3rd gear... that is frustrating.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (19h) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (20h) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (20h) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-May / Around The NFL / bboystyle

27-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.