15 years ago

Every team has injuries. The good teams players play through nagging injuries, so I won't use injuries as an excuse for being 5-7 this year. We get beat because we don't have an impact player on this team. We have no one who makes a play when you just gotta have a play made. We're making mistakes in week 12 that you shouldn't be making this time of year. Our special teams under perform. Thompson had 30 million to play with and didn't address the problem on the defensive and offensive lines. We've been out-coached in almost every game this year. Although we played better in the second half today, we don't play with any heart. It just doesn't appear to hurt these guys to lose and I've always believed that if you invest nothing, then losing doesn't hurt. Until losing begins to hurt these guys you won't see much of a change. I cannot imagine 19 players being listed on the injured list under Vince Lombardi. That's just crazy.

"packedhouse02" wrote:

http://www.packers.com/team/injury_list/. Now how many teams have that many injuries. We had 19 to their 2.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago
It has all been a very fine line between glory amd failure.

Ted Thompson holds a job that many guy- guys could only aspire to in their wildest imaginations... he would be one of approximately 30 that do so, worse odds than say, Tiger Woods in the aspiration department.,,PLUS, he happens to hold the job over EVERY SWINGING RICHARD you folks admire on this team... not bad, for an idiot, imo.

Same w/ MM... would you like me to also elaborate on that, or should I shut the F... up now? (Leaving the window WIDE open for condescending commentary)..................

Cheese-- I'm TRYING to stay south, but I've been drinkin' a little...I cannot hep' it :icon_smile:
Cheesey
15 years ago

Ted Thompson holds a job that many guy- guys could only aspire to in their wildest imaginations... he would be one of approximately 30 that do so, worse odds than say, Tiger Woods in the aspiration department.,,PLUS, he happens to hold the job over EVERY SWINGING RICHARD you folks admire on this team... not bad, for an idiot, imo.

Same w/ Mike McCarthy... would you like me to also elaborate on that, or should I shut the F... up now? (Leaving the window WIDE open for condescending commentary)..................

Cheese-- I'm TRYING to stay south, but I've been drinkin' a little...I cannot hep' it :icon_smile:

"dfosterf" wrote:

Dfost.....CONTROL YOURSELF!!!
You're a MARINE man!!! SURELY you can.......oh........nevermind.......LOLOL!!! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago

Same w/ Mike McCarthy... would you like me to also elaborate on that, or should I shut the F... up now? (Leaving the window WIDE open for condescending commentary)..................

"Cheesey" wrote:

Dfost.....CONTROL YOURSELF!!!
You're a MARINE man!!! SURELY you can.......oh........nevermind.......LOLOL!!! :thumbleft:

"dfosterf" wrote:

I am trying to head south, Cheesey, I swear I am... I am drowning in piss-offedness, though... I need to reach the southern shore!
packedhouse02
15 years ago
on the injured list under Vince Lombardi. That's just crazy.

http://www.packers.com/team/injury_list/. Now how many teams have that many injuries. We had 19 to their 2.

1) I think 19 players listed as injured is crazy. I'm thinking there aren't many players on any teams roster that doesn't have some kind of an injury.
2) We had inuries last year too, but it's funny how when you're winning you play through injuries and when you're losing, you're too hurt to play. Woodson played an entire year with turf toe, now that's tough.
3) There were days that Favre could barely walk, but he hauled his ass on to the field and played and gave his best.
4) Barnett is injured that's legitimate. Aaron Rogers apparently has a separated shoulder, but Rouse and Bigby can't get on the field? Come on. I don't buy that.
5) McCarthy talks about playing physical but then you watch the special teams play or watch his defense and when was the last time you saw a Packer smack the shit out of anyone? If all you do is talk the game and don't play the game, it's not physical.
6) We can talk about whether players are tough and can debate that all night long, but this team needs an impact player. They need a guy who can get to the QB when the game is on the line, who can get the big interception, who can break a tackle. We just don't have any impact players on this team.
7) Leadership makes a big difference. When Reggie was here he was the leader on this team. Brett may have been the best player, but White made everyone around him better. He always led by doing. I'm still waiting for our #5 pick, Hawk, to become an impact player.

And finally, lie many of you, I'm really just frustrated at hell when I see players look as if they're going through the motions.
blank
evad04
15 years ago
Don't overanalyze. We took the lead and gave it right back in THREE plays. Game on the line and the special teams gives it up to midfield. Then a great player (Steve Smith) made a great play.

I will admit I'm starting to set my sights to small victories (i.e. player development) rather than playoffs. It just doesn't seem likely. I mean ... if we win a few in a row and the Bears and Vikes start to falter I'll change my tune. But I don't THINK that will happen.

At this rate the season is a big disappointment. But anyone looking for one thing to blame is an idiot. I have no problem saying that.

P.S. This wasn't directed towards any particular poster, but rather the general mood of anger/frustration/immediate "attempt" at understanding a multitude of contributing factors. That's all.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
dhazer
15 years ago
Well i didnt get to see the game because my wireless was messing up so i have been reading the threads and one thing is funny. Most people are trying to use the injuries as an excuse to why were are losing. Well i had the Ravens game on and they showed a surprising stat and it was 3 of the most injured teams and guess who they were Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Dallas so i guess the injury excuse is pretty lame on that note.

I did see a few posts i feel hit it right on the head and that this team has no heart or confidence. That player that makes the team believe they can win like Reggie and Brett did.

Like i said i didn't see much of the game but i saw the Smith catch and that was just a great catch by a playmaker no excuses there.

We are not that great of team imo
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
15 years ago

Well i didnt get to see the game because my wireless was messing up so i have been reading the threads and one thing is funny. Most people are trying to use the injuries as an excuse to why were are losing. Well i had the Ravens game on and they showed a surprising stat and it was 3 of the most injured teams and guess who they were Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Dallas so i guess the injury excuse is pretty lame on that note.

I did see a few posts i feel hit it right on the head and that this team has no heart or confidence. That player that makes the team believe they can win like Reggie and Brett did.

Like i said i didn't see much of the game but i saw the Smith catch and that was just a great catch by a playmaker no excuses there.

"dhazer" wrote:

The Packers are well on their way to being a Dynasty.

Youth, direction, planning, not changing the focus, and the ability to stick to the plan..... It will all start to come together next year. And YOU ALL WATCH.

I see two Superbowls in the next five years. Four in the Next eight years.

It is good to be a Packer Fan.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
porky88
15 years ago
I didn't get the calls at the end of the game. I would have thrown on 2nd down for sure and I think we would have scored especially with the way Rodgers was playing. Not to mention he could have ran it in himself.

I do agree with the field goal though. You have to kick and take the points and the lead. As much as I hate that the Packers loss, Carolina taking it to OT and than winning the game because they got the ball first would have hurt even more in my opinion.

I don't think this is a game you can lay on McCarthy. The New Orleans debacle yes, but McCarthy is an offensive minded coach and he's got our offense playing well. The running game is even playing strong as Brandon Jackson gave us some consistent big runs. Rodgers played out of his mind.

In the end, our defense inability to stop Carolina is why we loss. That and a ridiculous catch by Steve Smith.

I do believe on the kick return that setup the Smith catch, there was a hold that the refs missed. I think it was on Korey Hall.
dhazer
15 years ago

"RaiderPride" wrote:

The Packers are well on their way to being a Dynasty.

Youth, direction, planning, not changing the focus, and the ability to stick to the plan..... It will all start to come together next year. And YOU ALL WATCH.

I see two Superbowls in the next five years. Four in the Next eight years.

It is good to be a Packer Fan.

"dhazer" wrote:

Omg Raider your starting to make us sound like Cubbie fans and the wait till next year lol.

I have said this from day 1 this year i think this team is over rated and we had lucky breaks go our way last year thus the good record.
I don't see us as a dynasty in the future with Ted Thompson as gm he is stuck in the rebuilding movement every year he gets rid of vets and brings in rooks.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage