dfosterf
12 years ago

What if you killed the wrong one?

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Is that intended to be some sort of profound question?

Don't try and scare the girls with that kind of silly-assed bullshit, I think far better of you than that as far as generating some intellectual curiosity. That wasn't it, bro, imo

Plus, you piss her off, she might add your young ass to her hit list, lol

Local news time-line, a good one:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/who_knew_what_about_jerry_sand.html#incart_mce 
Rockmolder
12 years ago

Is that intended to be some sort of profound question?

Don't try and scare the girls with that kind of silly-assed bullshit, I think far better of you than that as far as generating some intellectual curiosity. That wasn't it, bro, imo

Plus, you piss her off, she might add your young ass to her hit list, lol

Local news time-line, a good one:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/who_knew_what_about_jerry_sand.html#incart_mce 

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Not that profound a question, but a fair one nontheless.

I wasn't planning on beating up everyone I suspect of flattening my tires.

I know that'll catch some flack for the tire vs rape thing, but I'm not aware of some vague line in the severity of your crime where, if it's not that bad, you have to be tried in court and, if it is, you can go Dirty Harry and shoot every mofo you asume is vaguely connected to it.

EDIT: This is going off-topic, btw. I have little to say about the actual case at hand, the only thing might be that I can see both Dakota's and Z2C's point. There's way too many angles involved here to just say that either the man at the top should take all the responsibility for this gross neglegance or to say that the one closest to the incident are the ones who have to pay the biggest price.
dfosterf
12 years ago
They are taking some responsibility, not anything even approaching "all" responsibility.

When your good buddy is fucking little boys in the ass and you decide to give him a pass on it, you are going to take some responsibility, someday.

Someday is here.

Your buddy (Sandusky) is probably going to spend the rest of his life in prison.

All these guys are losing are jobs.

The "why" is so very simple.

They were all trying to protect the "good name" of Penn State University.

Some will say "Paterno", some will say, "The football program", some will say the University itself. If 4 pack girl wants to shoot everyone that made a decision to protect this fuck based on any of those, I'd be happy to teach her how to shoot well.

It hasn't worked out, now they must all pay for that decision.

You want to get mad about injustice? Don't look at the top, look at the bottom...

All the assistant coaches will be gone, regardless of their personal involvement, and that will be a businesss decision.

They will have recruitment issues until it is a complete clean slate in that program.

They will also have booster/sponsorship problems until all are gone.

This is business at least as much as it is morals at Penn State.

- Let's just pretend they don't fire everyone-

(Mom and dad, discussing with star high school QB)

(Son) I wanna go to Penn State! I don't care that the program is contolled by pervs! (Naturally, because kids are proud to be different)

(Mom) What if you get fucked in the ass, there?

(Dad) Don't worry, hon, if he does, the NFL is probably not going to hear about it, Joe runs a tight program, and if my research is correct, his ass is too old for them by now, anyway.

(Booster - above kid, son)

(Husband) Hey hon, "Ol Sandusk wants to know if I'm going to send the $500,000.00 check this year. He says absolutely no worries at Penn State- the news media is so silly- JoPA has his back, as always, and he gives his absolute personal guarantee that he most definitely has our boy's back...

(Wife) Nah, no one's goin' to the games anymore, Maggie at the hairdressers just told all the girls that they are a bunch of butt-fuckers over there, that sounded only slightly embarassing. Instead, let's go to one of those bogus charity auctions so I can way over-pay for a completely embarassing shit-box piece of so-called art.

(Husband) Yes, dear.
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Gov. says McQueary failed 'moral obligation' in Sandusky incident 

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) -- The Penn State football coach who told a grand jury that he saw another coach molest a child failed to meet "a moral obligation" to intervene, Pennsylvania's governor said Sunday, adding that he expects more victims to come forward.

The coach who testified, Mike McQueary, had said he saw retired Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky sexually assaulting a boy in a shower at a campus football facility almost a decade ago. Sandusky is accused of assaulting eight boys over 15 years and has maintained his innocence. The university has put McQueary on leave from his job.

McQueary told the grand jury he was distraught by what he witnessed and walked away after both Sandusky and the boy saw him. He said he told his father what happened and then told head coach Joe Paterno, who reported it to his superiors. But those school officials, athletic director Tim Curley and school vice president Gary Schultz, face perjury charges, accused of covering up McQueary's 2002 report.

The charges were filed last weekend and the grand jury's report made public, and the resulting outrage made it clear that Paterno, who had coached for decades at Penn State, would share the blame. He was fired Wednesday. In his last game, a win over Illinois, he'd become the coach with the most wins in Division I history.

As for McQueary, the current attorney general had clearly decided that he was to be treated as a witness in the case, Gov. Tom Corbett said on NBC's Meet the Press.

McQueary met "the minimum obligation" of reporting what he saw to his superiors, who are required under Pennsylvania law to report such assaults to authorities. But McQueary "did not in my opinion meet a moral obligation that all of us would have," said the governor, who as attorney general initiated the investigation that led to the charges.

Corbett also said people have to keep in mind "that this is also somebody who is a witness to this crime and is a very important witness."

State lawmakers from both parties have proposed changes to toughen the law that governs the reporting of sex assaults, Corbett added. He said he would not be surprised to see it strengthened this year.

"We have to make sure the change in the law is one that is effective," he said.

Corbett said he expects more allegations of abuse to materialize, a common occurrence in abuse cases.

"When the word gets out, when people understand that authorities are actually doing something about this, that they may be believed, then more people come forward," Corbett said.

Authorities have asked for victims to contact them.

Sandusky encountered all the boys through a charity he founded to help at-risk children, Second Mile, prosecutors have said. Leaders of the organization plan to meet soon to determine its future, Corbett said.

"If you talk to people who have worked with Second Mile, it has done great work," he said. "And if it should cease to exist, I am hopeful that other organizations will pick up the work that they did. We need to reach out to these children. We need to give them guidance."

AP  wrote:

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

How does McQueary, a 28-year-old grad student, look in the showers of a facility and see a grown man raping a 10-year-old child and not instinctively grab a baseball bat and not protect this child? How does he live with himself?

Richard Hermann, legal analyst and criminal defense attorney wrote:

UserPostedImage
dfosterf
12 years ago
Sometimes I think you think I make this shit up. (Frankly, I would think that, lol)

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/report_judge_in_jerry_sandusky.html 

Zero2Cool
12 years ago

The origin of the iconic "We Are ... Penn State" chant, the school's signature slogan on and off the football field, is believed to have occurred the same year Jackie Robinson broke baseball's color barrier. In the pre-Paterno year of 1947, SMU didn't want to play Penn State because of PSU's two African-American players and wanted to negotiate a compromise. "We are Penn State," said captain Steve Suhey. "There will be no meetings."

So began the battle cry of unity, as all Penn Staters, to this day, consider ourselves part of a special family. Suhey's son Matt starred at Penn State in the 1970s, and Matt's son Joe played fullback for the Lions Saturday against Nebraska. Walk into a crowded room and shout, "We are ... " and any Penn Stater would know how to respond. The chant represents pride, respect and tradition.

Today, we are Penn State ... but we are ashamed. We are ashamed that our leaders who preach doing the right thing and "success with honor" dishonored all of us with their inaction over an alleged child-abuse scandal. We are embarrassed by the way we are being portrayed, as a football-centric school that would let a child molester walk if that meant our name would stay clean. We read the grand jury report and we are just as disgusted as anyone -- if not more. We are praying for the victims and hopeful they will find justice. We are heartbroken that this could happen here.

But as a Penn State junior, I can tell you this: We are going to be OK. We are not going to let an assistant football coach, apparently a very sick one, or a few university suits define us. For a moment, we lost our identity. We felt sorry for ourselves. We sulked that we were the victims of media scrutiny and that this scandal tarnished our school. But we are not the victims. The children are. So we will move on, working on repairing our school, while honoring those kids along the way.

Already the scandal's ramifications are swirling around campus. Four students apparently lost their spring internships because companies didn't want to be associated with Penn State. Corporate sponsors are supposedly pulling out of THON, Penn State's annual dance marathon, the largest student-run philanthropy in the world, which has raised more than $78 million for pediatric cancer. If all true, it's sad. If people don't want to wear their Penn State garb anymore, it's their decision. But this I know: We are a school with a glorious tradition, a school dedicated to doing things the right way. Our longtime father figure, Joe Paterno, taught us that.

Look, I'm no Penn State apologist. I can't condone the stupid tantrum some of my classmates threw Wednesday night after Paterno's dismissal. Nobody condones the arrogant decisions some of our leaders made. I've also heard the criticism against my school. Happy Valley is in a bubble. Penn State is too image-conscious. JoePa is too deified. The riots give some credence to that. So did the presence of 100 students at Joe Pa's modest off-campus home, many teary-eyed, waiting for him to come out Wednesday night so they could say goodbye and thank him. On the surface it seemed ridiculous. How could students still support this man who didn't do enough to help abused children?

Truth is, if not for Paterno's philanthropy and moral code (until his fatal lapse of judgment), I and thousands of others wouldn't be here right now. If not for Paterno and his grand experiment -- creating a national powerhouse football program with high academic standards -- Pennsylvania State might still be an agriculture school and State College might be lucky if there were a Wal-Mart within a 30-mile radius. Paterno made a huge mistake, but that doesn't mean he's not a good man. When he emerged from his house Wednesday night, I was there when he addressed the gathering. One of the first things he said was, "Go study."

So we will study at Paterno Library, a place Joe and his wife made happen, we will eat Peachy Paterno ice cream and we will remember the lessons he taught us about integrity and honor. We will also remember his mistake, and make sure we never repeat it.

We will fund raise harder than ever for THON, we will work harder than ever in the classroom. Our president, our athletic director, our football coach, will not be around anymore. But we will be, and we will start to rebuild our university's shattered image. Whoever our next football coach may be next season, we will stand behind him and our players. Because we are Penn State. And like the hundreds of thousands of alumni around the country, we always will be.

Emily Kaplan, a Penn State junior, and a writer for the campus paper the Daily Collegian  wrote:

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago
Two things about that article Zero: first of all there is no justice in child molesting, all there is would be emotional scarring forever. These are sick people that can't be rehabilitated - and what they leave in their wake is truly unfixable.

The second thing is this code of honor and pride crap that Penn State supposedly has: what had been swept under the rug can't be fixed, mended, or forgotton. The way Penn State could have handled this would have been to have been to make sure Sandusky was prosecuted at the time the grad school witenessed what he did. They dropped the ball, and that is the reason for Paterno's firing. They swept it under the rug and let it fester into an overbearing stench. Everyone involved needs to be sent packing, and the school can than start rebuilding a new pride and renewed code of honor.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Two things about that article Zero: first of all there is no justice in child molesting, all there is would be emotional scarring forever. These are sick people that can't be rehabilitated - and what they leave in their wake is truly unfixable.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

First thing about both of those articles, I have not read either of them, yet. Obviously, there is no justice in child molesting. Obviously, there are a lot of people who can not be rehabilitated. Going off your comments, it appears neither article would be worth reading.

Yes, everyone involved does indeed need to be let go.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

First thing about both of those articles, I have not read either of them, yet. Obviously, there is no justice in child molesting. Obviously, there are a lot of people who can not be rehabilitated. Going off your comments, it appears neither article would be worth reading.

Yes, everyone involved does indeed need to be let go.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You post things you don't read? When you were in college, did you study stuff from used books that were already highlighed? Formo used to be, but you are now my favorite of the dumbasses in here Zero. Just saying!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
19m / Around The NFL / wpr

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.