zombieslayer
12 years ago

I wonder if Charles Woodson has a little motivation to play the Raiders as a Super Bowl Champion. I doubt it, always curious about the little insignificant things like that.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I don't think he left on a bad note. Did he?

He was seen as washed up. If anything, he had to prove the NFL wrong, not the Raiders.

The NFL saw him as all this potential but a big disappointment.

He became an entire different person when joining the Packers. For example, the most extreme stat was 8 years with the Raiders and 2 pick 6's. With the Packers in 6 years, he's had 9.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

I don't think he left on a bad note. Did he?

He was seen as washed up. If anything, he had to prove the NFL wrong, not the Raiders.

The NFL saw him as all this potential but a big disappointment.

He became an entire different person when joining the Packers. For example, the most extreme stat was 8 years with the Raiders and 2 pick 6's. With the Packers in 6 years, he's had 9.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

RaiderPride would know better than I. I thought I read Charles Woodson was ticked the Raiders wouldn't give him a contract and all but said he had nothing left to offer. The Raiders gave up on Charles Woodson because they didn't feel he had anything left.

By the Raiders not extending/resigning him, it gave the NFL a chance to place a number on him and only the Packers and Buccaneers did. Ultimately implying the rest of the NFL felt the same as the Raiders.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

Well, i got the Packers score right.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

+1 for you cheese.

Vikesrule was in the chat rooting for the Giants. He got quiet on that last drive.

NOOOOOOOO!!! [grin1]

I wonder if Charles Woodson has a little motivation to play the Raiders as a Super Bowl Champion. I doubt it, always curious about the little insignificant things like that.

I can not imagine Sir Charles will play. Not with the standards the NFL has set up these days for concussions. I am certain he will be begging to get out there and do toe to toe with them.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

RaiderPride would know better than I. I thought I read Charles Woodson was ticked the Raiders wouldn't give him a contract and all but said he had nothing left to offer. The Raiders gave up on Charles Woodson because they didn't feel he had anything left.

By the Raiders not extending/resigning him, it gave the NFL a chance to place a number on him and only the Packers and Buccaneers did. Ultimately implying the rest of the NFL felt the same as the Raiders.

Bastard, you beat me to it. I'll just add that the sentiment in Oakland was that Woodson was dogging it and could have played through some injuries.

To the Packer's delight - he had to reprove himself. And even if the thought of playing for the Packers was reprehensible to Charles at first, I think you're going to have to drag him out of GB kicking and screaming in a couple years.

Maybe Philly will cut Ashomugha, and we can make that huge mistake again.
UserPostedImage
Since69
12 years ago
Woody and Sitton can spend the rest of the regular season at Club Med for all I care so long as they're healthy for the playoffs.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago
Well, hopefully we'll get RP's input on Woodson. To be honest, I have NO idea whatsoever, despite living amongst Raiders fans (the Niner fans are all fair weather here and I generally don't talk to them).

I do know that he's an extremely driven person and in the back of his mind, he's probably playing to be a first round ballot Hall of Famer. I'm sure this discussion has been had amongst the Woodsons.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
RaiderPride
12 years ago

Well, hopefully we'll get RP's input on Woodson. To be honest, I have NO idea whatsoever, despite living amongst Raiders fans (the Niner fans are all fair weather here and I generally don't talk to them).

I do know that he's an extremely driven person and in the back of his mind, he's probably playing to be a first round ballot Hall of Famer. I'm sure this discussion has been had amongst the Woodsons.

There is more to this story then many people realize. In fact it all leads to getting Aaron Rodgers. Yes Aaron.

Chuck was never really pissed at Al Davis at all. He started to think about leaving the Raiders in 2003 when he had a public spat with Head coach Callahan after Callahan called the Raiders The Dumbest Team In History.

In 2004 Woody was ready to move on still bitter after the 2003 season, He was injured and missed the last three games of the 2004 season. With the injury, his age, and him not happy... The Raiders new he would be moving on, because of the money he would demand and the fact he was an 7 year vet at the time who was injured.

It was this reason... in the 2005 draft, while so many were screaming for them to pick Aaron Rodgers with the 23rd pick... Al made a move to replace Woodson's imminent departure. One pick before the Packers 24th pick of the 2005 draft. The Raiders concerned with losing Woodson chose Fabian Washington a CB with blistering speed to replace Charles Woodson.

The Packers Drafted Aaron with the next pick.

The Raiders however put a franchise tag on him, and he was stuck with them for the 2005 Season. In the 6th game of 2005 Woodson broke his leg, and missed the rest of the 2005 season.

Due to his age, coming off a season where he missed 10 games.. He entered free agency. The Rest is history. Packers got Rodgers, and Woodson..
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

There is more to this story then many people realize. In fact it all leads to getting Aaron Rodgers. Yes Aaron.

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride 

EVERYTHING leads to (or from) AR. =d>
UserPostedImage
Yerko
12 years ago
That was a SCARY game and I was was way off on my prediction.

Giants came to play and still lost to a below average team performance by the Packers. =d>
Away game, best lineman injured, 2 starting ILBs injured, and starting CB knocked out of game...I'll take the ugly win.

Side rant...

I've been bugged today via Twitter to see all the hate towards Finley. There is a difference between being disappointed in a player's performance and hating a player because of a bad performance. He dropped a wide open pass...it happens to the best of them. The one and only Greg Jennings had two dropped passes.

Not to mention, Finley was being mugged a majority of the game and received ONE flag the entire game. The penalty they did call wasn't half as bad as what was happening before.

Finley recorded 6 receptions for 87 yards and a touchdown. I will take that every game from the tight end. Can that even be considered a bad performance? Haha.

I understand people are all bent out of shape because of the "chemistry" article, but give me a break.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
GF,
Don't let it get to you. Ignorant people complain about things they do not understand. JerMike dropped a few passes but overall he had a good day and was a major contributor in the victory. They probably couldn't have done so without him.
UserPostedImage