wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

or people don't want to fathom anything happening to Aaron Rodgers or even ink it down on a little forum and would rather something with Finley than nothing but a bench player in Flynn. :)

Or maybe they dislike white people with a beard?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

oh no. I am not white I am between khaki and umber depending on the time of year. (My Italiano roots show up.)
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago

It's probably just a case of "ask the girl to the dance who's likely to say yes." Everyone assumes Flynn is a foregone conclusion, so they'd rather focus on the guy there is a chance of keeping.

Personally, if it were possible, I'd rather keep Flynn. It seems like he could keep the momentum of this team going forward were the worst to happen with Rodgers, while big strong receivers are a dime a dozen these days.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Ah finally someone agrees with me on this.

Funny because in the chat, I could have sworn it was more than 50% calling for Finley's head.

And yes, he still owes Rockmolder a glove. Maybe a Dutch hooker gave him the clap and he hates that country or anyone from it now.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
12 years ago
Here it is the third page and there are no people asking "what if".

If you foolishly choose a TE, especially 4F
(Fumble Fingers Finley)
, as more valuable than a QB:

- You throw away a lot of team personnel value.

- You say Matt Flynn has little trade value.

- You start the Graham Harrell back up era

- Graham Harrell is better than Quarless and Crabtree.

- You make the same GM firing error the Bears did (Caleb Hanie)

- You claim the Packers wasted roster spots keeping so many TE's in 2011 missing out on other opportunities.

- You are saying the Packers wasted 2 draft picks on Dj Williams and Ryan Taylor missing out on other players.

- You don't understand the QB market.

- You don't understand the principle of insurance.

I sure have exclaimed "4F" more during games than "TGIF".
blank
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

🅱If you foolishly choose a TE, especially 4F
(Fumble Fingers Finley)

Originally Posted by: CaliforniaCheez 

I stopped because I'm stumped on the 4th F and where it comes into play. I. Lose.

Edit, just seen something about Matt Flynn and trade value. After March, he's a free agent, thus, no trade value at all. Unless you actually think the Packers are going to tag Matt Flynn, which, I mean, c'mon now let's not be foolish, lol.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago

If you foolishly choose a TE, especially 4F
(Fumble Fingers Finley)

- You throw away a lot of team personnel value.

- You say Matt Flynn has little trade value.

- You start the Graham Harrell back up era

- Graham Harrell is better than Quarless and Crabtree.

- You make the same GM firing error the Bears did (Caleb Hanie)

- You claim the Packers wasted roster spots keeping so many TE's in 2011 missing out on other opportunities.

- You are saying the Packers wasted 2 draft picks on Dj Williams and Ryan Taylor missing out on other players.

- You don't understand the QB market.

- You don't understand the principle of insurance.

I sure have exclaimed "4F" more during games than "TGIF".

Originally Posted by: CaliforniaCheez 

Did you miss Page 2? Page 2, at the top, I asked the "what if?" question and used it as my reasoning why we need Flynn more than Finley.

What if Finley got injured? Well, we won a SB with an injured Finley.

What if Aaron got injured? Well, we almost kept up with Tom Brady with Flynn and with week 17 completely meaningless, Flynn set 2 Packers game records - most TD passes with 6 and most yards with 480.

It seems obvious to me that Flynn > Finley.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
What if Jermichael Finley gets injured? How about when he does? I shouldn't say that, he did play a full 16 this year.

No question, Matt Flynn is more valuable IF Aaron Rodgers were to go down for an EXTENDED period of time.

The what if game, piled into a what if question is endless, but carry on fellas! 🙂
UserPostedImage
Stevetarded
12 years ago

Did you miss Page 2? Page 2, at the top, I asked the "what if?" question and used it as my reasoning why we need Flynn more than Finley.

What if Finley got injured? Well, we won a SB with an injured Finley.

What if Aaron got injured? Well, we almost kept up with Tom Brady with Flynn and with week 17 completely meaningless, Flynn set 2 Packers game records - most TD passes with 6 and most yards with 480.

It seems obvious to me that Flynn > Finley.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

What if Aaron Rodgers doesn't get injured? Flynn contributed to exactly 1 meaningless game this year while Finley contributed to all of the meaningful ones...
blank
zombieslayer
12 years ago
The reason 🇹🇹 drafts BPA is you never know what positions injuries will occur in.

We got depth at TE. Would be nice to keep depth at QB.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

The reason 🇹🇹 drafts BPA is you never know what positions injuries will occur in.

We got depth at TE. Would be nice to keep depth at QB.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

I thought the reason Ted Thompson drafted the best player available was to assemble a team full of the best players... available. 😛
UserPostedImage
dhazer
12 years ago
I say we sign Flynn and franchise Finley and trade both of them away to try and strengthen up our defense.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (14h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (15h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (15h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (18h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (18h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.