dfosterf
11 years ago

Who's we numbnuts? Your generation squandered all the inheritence, plus sold the rest of us into slavery. Worthless assholes, fix the shit already! Your outrage is noted, but utterly laughable.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

We went to the moon with about 1/100th the computing power of your average cell-phone, This generation can't make it to Wal-mart sober to pick up their doctor-shopped oxcy, which they need.

http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1053&context=etas 
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
11 years ago

Haven't I explained this North Dakota honey ad nauseum. The bottlers take my perfect product and blend in shit like Iowa corn syrup and then have the nerve to put on the label 100% pure ND clover honey.

Well I've sent you enough of my product so that you know what the creme de le creme tastes like.

Americans buy shit off the shelf, but my friends get the real stuff from me.

As for insurance - we all should have it. There's enough shit in the world to worry about. The rich people can still have the top care - but the rest of us shouldn't go bankrupt if something shitty happens in life.

Wade, nobody in this country is truly free anyway - we're all slaves to something. Mine just happens to blonde hair and nice rack. [grin1]

Oh, I agree, your honey *is* the creme de le creme. *I* wouldn't have to be forced to eat it. But my point is that if you could convince Congress to mandate it even for the hoi polloi like Foster and the cultureless of Minnesota, the Honey of Honey Laws would stand.

I like to think of myself as a man of fairly refined tastes when it comes to matters of food and drink. But I would object strenuously to making even my choices of North Dakota honey, Spanish pork, English cheddar, and Scots whisky mandatory on others. And my dad instilled in me early on the virtues of insurance, so you don't have to convince me of that "should" point either.

But that's what the Supreme Court has okayed with this degree of judicial deference to the legislature and its "power to tax."

Every time "should" becomes "must" we have lost some of our freedom. When we enable the federal majority to make "should" into "must" whenever they think it happens to be a "should", we negate the very vision of our own Constitution as one of powers limited by enumeration, and we no longer have a constitutional justification for ANY freedom.

It would have been bad enough had the majority in this case been built solely around the case law surrounding the Commerce Clause. Judicial deference to the legislature on matters "regulating commerce" has emasculated the 10th Amendment for half a century. But giving a legislature carte blanche in the name of their power to tax? That is madness pure and simple.

Not surprisingly, most of the examples that I gave in my earlier post were examples of where a liberal government with its agenda wants to change our behavior. But consider these two:

1. A conservative-dominated Congress and Executive mandates all pregnant women to take their pregnancy through nine months, that said women disclose all their sexual partners during the possible period of conception, that all such named partners be tested for paternity, and that all men found by such testing to be the father be made to marry said pregnant woman. The same statute then provides that any man or woman failing to obey this mandate be assessed an head tax of $10,000 (or perhaps a income tax surcharge of 10%).

2. The same conservative-dominated Congress and Executive mandates all adults sign certain "articles of faith" that strongly resembles Luther's Large Catechism, and taxes those not signing (Moslems, atheists, and a damn lot of those who would call themselves Christians) extra.

3. The same conservative-dominated Congress and Executive mandates a particular kind of gun training, and imposes an extra tax on anyone who refuses to take the several-thousand-dollar-a-head Government Gun Course.

By the logic of the court's opinion, a constitutional challenge to any of the three would be extraordinarily difficult to sustain. By my reading today of the various opinions (all 170+ pages of them), the only argument supporting the mandate that was supported by five justices was Roberts' "it's a tax" rationale. Add in any Court's reticence to actually reverse a prior Supreme Court decision, and this is going to be extremely hard to find unconstitutional ANY legislation that Congress has added the appropriate "tax" language to.

Courts will "distinguish" past cases they don't like, sometimes making great logical contortions to do so, but actual reversal is extremely rare. I doubt if there are enough instances that would take all of one's fingers to count.

And this is the kind of ruling which will be extremely hard to meaningfully distinguish from. In that it will be as successful as Wickard v. Filburn, the 1942 "as long as it significantly affects commerce, and Congress gets to decide what is significant" Commerce clause case that emasculated the 10th amendment.

But even Wickard v Filburn merely castrated the Constitution. This court has given the Congress the power to make us use an oversized catheter to pee.

What were George Carlin's seven words again?

Pissy shitty fucking cunt motherfucking cocksucking assholes, that's what they are. And if they aren't bastards, it's only because their mother made two mistakes rather than one.

Sorry for the language that belongs in the Back Alley, but this decision honks me off. REALLY honks me off.

Bastards.

[aside to Foster: can we reduce the wage of all fucks who wear black robes by twice what we reduce the wages of lawyers?]
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
11 years ago

We went to the moon, Kids nowadays can't make it to Wal-mart sober to pick up their doctor-shopped oxy.

http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1053&context=etas 

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Applause for posting something by Jonathan Edwards.

(I wonder how many people here, or in the United States, knew who Edwards was before you posted this)

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Formo
11 years ago

Ah yes, Mia will get to have health care all her life. Now all we have to do is make all employers having full time workers - provide health care as part of the compensation package. And all welfare people can't use the emergency room for a hang nail anymore.

Wow. Do we agree on something? If I could make one amendment, I'd cut out 'all welfare' and just leave it simply at 'people can't use the ER for a hang nail'.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
dfosterf
11 years ago

Applause for posting something by Jonathan Edwards.

(I wonder how many people here, or in the United States, knew who Edwards was before you posted this)

Originally Posted by: Wade 

I got SKILLS Wade, lol skills, my brother... And no, we still got minimum wage laws (regarding that court)_

No one else read that link, btw, but thanks for the props, lol

Shoutout to Nick-- I know how to use a slide-rule, bro--These fucking snot-noses don't even know what it IS, for Christ's sake.
Formo
11 years ago

Who's we numbnuts? Your generation squandered all the inheritence, plus sold the rest of us into slavery. Worthless assholes, fix the shit already! Your outrage is noted, but utterly laughable.

No. Our generation is left uninspired because YOUR generation has done nothing significant in your lifetime except rack yourselves in debt up to your ears and work a 9 to 5 for 60 years. Yeah, that's EXACTLY what we want.

The solution is to promote entrepreneurship and business ownership. Show our generation that there IS more to life than 'get good grades in HS, go to college, get good grades in college, get a job, work 9-5 for 60 years then die', show us that, hey, it's OK to want to make money AND have time to enjoy it.

This government that your generation has help corrupt is not the answer.

=)

BTW, where the floop is my honey, hunny?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
and that's the problem we have with our society... everyone points the finger at someone else, everyone has a reason why everything is wrong ... but no one has any solutions.

That's why I stay out of this crap. lol
UserPostedImage
Formo
11 years ago

and that's the problem we have with our society... everyone points the finger at someone else, everyone has a reason why everything is wrong ... but no one has any solutions.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Lies. The 2nd paragraph in my post supplies a solution!

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
11 years ago

WTF are you talking about? The Booms have control of everything right now, and they've enjoyed it all. The finger only gets pointed in one direction, the only logical place it can be pointed.

And you Jeremy should probably PM me your info. You can either get some of last years, or wait until August for the new stuff. 2011 was a vintage year though.

UserPostedImage
dfosterf
11 years ago

As President, I'm eliminating the Dept. of Education. I'm eliminating the dept. of Housing and Urban Development. The Dept. of Agriculture will be 1/8th of the number of farmers in this country. No American troops will be on anything but American ground. I'm cutting the number of generals/admirals to 1/10th of the current force structure in the Navy, Air Force and Army. The Coast Guard and Marines stay the same. The Army is giving half their budget to the Marines, and the Navy is going to one SEAL team, and the rest of that money (after being cut by half) is going to the Marines also. They all get the exact same chow.

50 people in Congress. No more than 50 allowed in state legislatures. No more than 50 white house staff. No junkets allowed. The plane goes. Everyone gets 100k to campaign with.

Tort law is abolished.

Health care facilities are required to explain all costs and options prior to any care, including the option to negotiate costs, if in fact availble.

Unions are abolished. Plan-term retirement benefits for government workers are abolished. Everyone gets current congressional health care, but everyone pays equally, including all employers, 50% for them.