Zero2Cool
12 years ago
When Batman came out in '89, I was a huge 9 year old fan. I remember riding my bike to a little (literally the size of a bathroom) Citgo gas stop to buy Batman cards. I thought Batman Returns was okay, but the subsequent ones were grossly disappointing. Until Batman Begins and my asphyxiation grew and after The Dark Knight, it hit an all time high. I took the girls to see Battleship and one of the trailers was for The Dark Knight Rises. It gave me chills.

Christopher Nolan has done a superb job with Batman and July 20 can not come fast enough for this guy.

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
12 years ago
I can't wait to see it but I can't help but feel that the trailer makes it look like it is going to be really overdone. Also the most disappointing thing I noticed is that when hines ward "returns that kickoff for a touchdown" if you watch all the players around him he is the only one on the field wearing yellow, before or after the field collapses. apparently he ran back that kick 1vs11.
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
I think a trailer always oversells the movie. I don't think the third installment will be as good as the second, but it's more the conclusion of the story that has me intrigued not if the movie breaks any box office records. I know they filmed some of it in Pittsburgh and with the last name Ward and number 86, I was thinking it was Hines Ward too. When I seen one of the trailers in the movie, I thought I seen Ward's teammates, but then again, I could care less about something like that. Batman isn't a football movie. :)

July 20th, come quick!

Here's the first six minutes of The Dark Knight Rises . Poor quality.
UserPostedImage
Formo
12 years ago
Yeah, we are definitely going to see this movie. I'm not as excited about it as I was the Avengers, but that's mostly because I've always been more of a Marvel/Captain America fan growing up than a Batman fan.

I love that Bane will be the main protagonist (if you can call him that) in this one. "The Man Who Broke the Bat".. Mmmmmm..
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
porky88
12 years ago

Yeah, we are definitely going to see this movie. I'm not as excited about it as I was the Avengers, but that's mostly because I've always been more of a Marvel/Captain America fan growing up than a Batman fan.

I love that Bane will be the main protagonist (if you can call him that) in this one. "The Man Who Broke the Bat".. Mmmmmm..

Originally Posted by: Formo 

I wonder if that's the road Nolan is going down. I don't want to spoil anything for people who aren't familiar with Bane, but you seem to be hinting at what I think may happen to Batman. This is a much darker adaptation of Batman, so breaking Batman might be proper for this story arc. What’s the point of using Bane then?

Anyhow, I'm a huge Batman geek. I'm really looking forward to this movie. This might be the best trilogy since Lord of the Rings.
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
I was thinking that Batman gets broke, and then rises to conquer Bane.
UserPostedImage
Formo
12 years ago

I wonder if that's the road Nolan is going down. I don't want to spoil anything for people who aren't familiar with Bane, but you seem to be hinting at what I think may happen to Batman. This is a much darker adaptation of Batman, so breaking Batman might be proper for this story arc. What’s the point of using Bane then?

Anyhow, I'm a huge Batman geek. I'm really looking forward to this movie. This might be the best trilogy since Lord of the Rings.

Originally Posted by: porky88 

Yeah, I have a very specific story in mind in regards to the movie. We'll see how it plays out...

I was thinking that Batman gets broke, and then rises to conquer Bane.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

..And this is basically the story I referred. Why else would it be called 'Batman Rises'?

UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
porky88
11 years ago
Just saw the movie today. It was a lot of fun. I think it's a very good send off for Nolan's run with this character.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Just saw the movie today. It was a lot of fun. I think it's a very good send off for Nolan's run with this character.

Originally Posted by: porky88 

A few were telling me I was over-hyping myself and was going to be let down. Thing is, it wasn't the quality of movie that I was eagerly anticipating, it was the conclusion to the trilogy and the "how" it ended that captivated me.

I think overall, really good movie. The middle kinda dragged, but they kind of had to in order to try and mesh with the comic books.

I see that Christopher Nolan is rebooting Superman and can't help wonder if he's going to do a reboot of Nightwing now with how it ended.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
11 years ago
I've been a huge Batman fan since the 1960's. I even have a 1966 model Batmobile.

LJ sent me to watch the new film a few days ago. I wish they would have had more of "Batman" in the film. And hat's with the ending? Are they going to put the "3rd rock from the sun" kid as a new Batman, or Robin?
Any ideas?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (3h) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (3h) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (3h) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.