zombieslayer
11 years ago

There is ONE job better than Ted's. That job currently belongs to 🇦🇷 .

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Heh. I'll rather have 🇹🇹's job. 🇦🇷 has to dodge 250 pound men who run as fast as I do.

As for the comments about winning, agreed.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
DakotaT
11 years ago

As he said, he'll stay as long as he's having fun. Much of that depends on how long Aaron can play at a high level and the ability to replace him when he's finished. Ted Thompson does a good jobs building a team so he can build a good team around a good QB. That means they'll win and be contenders in the playoffs. Winning is fun. So, to my way of thinking, in this regard, QB is the key. Good QBs for a long time, Ted Thompson is here a long time.

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

This is the exact same reason we are hated by other teams. Think about it for a minute: going from Favre to Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers has a few pundits, but most pure football people feel he may be the best quarterback we have ever seen. Obviously, he'll have to win a few more super bowls to win over the idiots that view Terry Bradshaw as a great quarterback, but Aaron definitely has the team in place to accomplish that.

Which brings me back to the topic, I hope 🇹🇹 stays for a long time and keeps our cupboards stocked. Sherman was a good person and decent coach, but he was in way over his head as a GM, which is what 🇹🇹 excels at.
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
11 years ago

Ted's next gig will be the GM and a minority owner of The Silver and Black.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
PackerTraxx
11 years ago
That is a possibility. But why would he do that when GB could make him a majority owner if they wanted to. LOL
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
DarkaneRules
11 years ago
I hope not. I love this guy.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Pack93z
11 years ago
Ted is a junkie.. he is not in it as a profession.. to me he is in it because he breathes it like oxygen.

He has just moved several of the scouts into Green Bay so they can be around more when not on the road.

John Dorsey , whose 22 years of scouting work in the National Football League is one more than Thompson, is currently the man in charge.

After Dorsey is Eliot Wolf, promoted to the new post of director of pro personnel; Brian Gutekunst, promoted from Southeast college scout to succeed Dorsey as director of college scouting; and senior personnel executive Alonzo Highsmith, the former Southwest college scout whose job description sounds similar to Schneider's.

Now that Gutekunst has moved his family from North Carolina and Highsmith has moved his from Texas, Thompson will have his four top scouts all living in Green Bay.

"We like having all those guys around the team as much as we can," said Thompson. "Because Reggie was really good at that. That was one of his strengths, being around the team and being sort of a calming thing."

The 15-man department is one more than Thompson has had in recent years.

That is a commitment to both those scouts to have them trek cross country to Green Bay.. to be more directly involved with Dorsey and Ted.

Much like his roster on the field, Ted is also developing front office personnel. Schneider.. MacKenzie.. and Dorsey is the next grooming candidate. This upcoming fall when everyone is on the road.. Wolf will man the scouting department in GB.

I see Ted digging in like a tick for a haul.. so no, I don't see him retiring anytime soon. May he possibly be looking for a new challenge.. possibly, but as a GM here with our structure, he has more say than in a traditional owner setup.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
saw several shots of Uncle Teddy during the game today. He looks terrible. He looks like he has cancer. Skinny legs and arms. His eyes look sunk in. He doesn't look strong at all. during the game they showed him doing stretches makes me think his legs cramp on him.

I hope not.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

36m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.