Pack93z
11 years ago
No, I don't think Pickett should be there full time. IMO, though, he should be rotated in there in combination with Raji. Raji gives you something Pickett does not.. pass rush push. So I think Pickett should be in a rotation at both nose and end. Either that or you put Pick at the nose and rotate in Raji from end to nose in passing downs.

Another point.. Pickett will wear down at the nose.. he has worn down at end already towards the end of the season. Summary.. it should be a rotation of some sorts between Raji and Pick at nose.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
PackerTraxx
11 years ago
I think Raji has the talent but for some reason, his, scheme, coaches, it's not being realized. Possibly he could use a little more of a mean streak like Nagota.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Rios39
11 years ago
well you draft him expecting him to be impact. The better NT's in the game barely get any sacks maybe 1-3 but they push the pile forward and devastate a running game. If he got push up the middle more Clay and Perry could eat up. It's been more our athletic DE's like Worthy and Neal that have been causing problems up the middle.

Oddly we lead the league in sacks this year but still giving up too many points. Yards are about normal. We are getting no picks either. We are good at most positions on the field so this is something that needs to be addressed as a coaching staff. Got to find a way to cover the first soft zone over the middle, that's where the yards are coming from (Hawk, DJ)Hopefully Brad Jones can be decent in coverage, that could help there.

Now Houston is a very good offensive team and we shut them down to 17 points. Chicago was also a very good offensive team that we shut down but haven't played as well against some teams that we are better then.

Shouldn't have given up 32 points to the 49ers, shouldn't have given up 28 points to the colts. Those are the big ones for me. Vs the Saints and Texans you can pretty much guarantee they'll put some kind of offense on you no matter how good your D is.
blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

No, I don't think Pickett should be there full time. IMO, though, he should be rotated in there in combination with Raji. Raji gives you something Pickett does not.. pass rush push. So I think Pickett should be in a rotation at both nose and end. Either that or you put Pick at the nose and rotate in Raji from end to nose in passing downs.

Another point.. Pickett will wear down at the nose.. he has worn down at end already towards the end of the season. Summary.. it should be a rotation of some sorts between Raji and Pick at nose.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I was glancing through your post and thought you said "Pick you nose." I have to slow down and read it again. 🤦

BTW Darth Vader is not a bass guitar player. He would like to be up front in the lights. he is more of a lead guitarist.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
11 years ago

well you draft him expecting him to be impact. The better NT's in the game barely get any sacks maybe 1-3 but they push the pile forward and devastate a running game. If he got push up the middle more Clay and Perry could eat up. It's been more our athletic DE's like Worthy and Neal that have been causing problems up the middle.

Oddly we lead the league in sacks this year but still giving up too many points. Yards are about normal. We are getting no picks either. We are good at most positions on the field so this is something that needs to be addressed as a coaching staff. Got to find a way to cover the first soft zone over the middle, that's where the yards are coming from (Hawk, DJ)Hopefully Brad Jones can be decent in coverage, that could help there.

Now Houston is a very good offensive team and we shut them down to 17 points. Chicago was also a very good offensive team that we shut down but haven't played as well against some teams that we are better then.

Shouldn't have given up 32 points to the 49ers, shouldn't have given up 28 points to the colts. Those are the big ones for me. Vs the Saints and Texans you can pretty much guarantee they'll put some kind of offense on you no matter how good your D is.

Originally Posted by: Rios39 

The INTs are there, we just haven't been getting them. Until this past game.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago

I was glancing through your post and thought you said "Pick you nose." I have to slow down and read it again. 🤦

BTW Darth Vader is not a bass guitar player. He would like to be up front in the lights. he is more of a lead guitarist.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

No. He's the cellist. :)

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago

No. He's the cellist. :)

(Obscure Harry Chapin allusion.)

Originally Posted by: Wade 

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Rios39
11 years ago

Raji has been solid when Cullen Jenkins was in the lineup. Post-Cullen Jenkins, he's been quite average; definitely not first round material. I think one of 🇹🇹's priorities in the 2012 off-season (via draft, trade, waivers, or whatever) would be to replace Cullen Jenkins.

I've said elsewhere that the 2011 D was so bad that it may take 2 off-seasons to bring us back to elite status (as we were in 2010).

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

What's worth noting is that Jenkins doesn't have a sack in his last 16 games as a starter. They have a large rotation but so do the packers now when at full strength.

We need to start seeing more push from Raji though, he has more than adequate talent around him with Worthy (2 sacks)Wilson (2 sacks)Neal (1 sack/2 games) Pickett who kills is our best run defender on the line. Even Daniels has looked good playing rarely (1 sack). Over the course of the year if those stats continue it'll be one of the more dominant lines in the NFL as far as 3-4 D's go.

Raji has 0 sacks on the year and most NT only get about 0-3 on the year but when watching good defenses you usually always see the line moving towards the QB. We showed some push last week. Against the Bears I believe Raji looked half decent but other than that it's only been outside pressure unless it's a creative stunt blitz. It's time Raji starts dominating upfront or it's time to start looking at other potential NT's within the next few years.

Also, sometimes it looks like Raji is trying to beat guys more than take on blocks and push through, actually looking to show quickness to get a sack. Which worked in 2010 but since he's shown barely anything (probably an adjustment from the offense). You'd think for the amount of times we blitz he could get a one on one and blow a guy up with his strength/speed but that's been more the case with Worthy, Neal, Wilson ect..
blank