sschind
  • sschind
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
10 years ago
OK, so we let that one get away and it sucks but we are still alive. If you want to take anything positive into next week's game it should be that the Bears sucked worse than we did. Not that that means much but I saw nothing from the Bears tonight that tells me they want to win the division either.

At this point I think we can break Packers fans down into 4 categories.

1) those who think we will win next week

2) those who think we can win next week

3) those who think we will lose next week.

4) those who think it doesn't matter because even if we win we are doomed in the playoffs anyway.

Obviously those who think we can win will have a plethora of IFs to clarify their thoughts. Nerdman for example will say we can win of the defense doesn't shit itself. Others will say we can win if Rodgers plays. I realize that all those things are important and your IFs are probably true but what I am asking is for you to grow some balls and make a call.

I think we will win next week. Our offense showed me enough today to make me think we can score a lot of points against the Bears. The Eagles are not a good defensive team and they shut the Bears down. I think we can do that as well.

for those of you who fall into the #4 category I say screw you because to me it does matter. I'd rather win next week and lose to the Saints or 49ers or even the Cardinals in the playoffs (I actually hope its the Cardinals because I hate the 49ers) than lose next week. That and I am not talking about the playoffs I am talking about next week. If you are one of those "lose for a better draft pick" people then I discount you out of hand. Not that I don't respect your right to have that opinion, its just that I don't really respect your opinion or you for having that that opinion.

And finally, if anything, its the Bears for God's sake. We have to beat the Bears.

Go Packers

Laser Gunns
10 years ago
I want to win.

badly.

but i don't think were doing much in the playoffs.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
steveishere
10 years ago
Chicagos run D is so bad I feel pretty good about this game even without Rodgers and Lacy.
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago
I don't want to look forward to this game. We better get Rodgers and Cobb both back. We are likely to be without Matthews again (so much for playing with a still broken bone). Without Jolly. Possibly without Lacy. We are going to need to score point in the neighborhood of what Philly did to win and move on.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
macbob
10 years ago
We will win, with or without Rodgers.

With or without Lacy.

Bears defense sucks, especially their run defense, and Capers owns Cutler. If they bench Cutler, it will be closer, but we'll still win.

UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago

We will win, with or without Rodgers.

With or without Lacy.

Bears defense sucks, especially their run defense, and Capers owns Cutler. If they bench Cutler, it will be closer, but we'll still win.

Originally Posted by: macbob 

Our defense is nothing to brag about, and Chicago has some WR that are likely to give our secondary fits.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago
Can GB win? Absolutely. It's the bears, after all.

Should GB win? Absolutely. It's the bears, after all.

But I still think they're going to be one-and-done in the playoffs.

And I'd rather they'd not bring Rodgers back for either game. Because my gut tells me that if he plays, in either game, he's going to take hits that are going to be bad.

So, does that make me group 2 or group 4?
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
nerdmann
10 years ago
If you will all recall, I PREDICTED we would beat the Cowboys. Then we would piss a game away to a lesser team.

That said, I now predict... we will BEAT the Bears.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

If you will all recall, I PREDICTED we would beat the Cowboys. Then we would piss a game away to a lesser team.

That said, I now predict... we will BEAT the Bears.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

The prophet has spoken!!
UserPostedImage
QCHuskerFan
10 years ago
I am a #4. But I think the Packers beat the Bears only if either Rodgers or Lacy plays. Not sure we can count on Flynn and Starks. As bad as the Bears are, they are still the Bears and capable of beating anyone.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (7h) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16h / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.