Laser Gunns
10 years ago
My pop has used heated socks of some sort.

Apparently they work pretty well, but we don't get WI temperatures either.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
sschind
10 years ago

this will be an incredible bonding experience for you and the girls as well. Years from now they will still be talking about it. It will help teach them they can overcome what others were not willing to do. Just don't let them get beyond what they are physically capable of doing. I am glad your dad is there too. He can help keep an eye out.

My wife says that they have pretty good hot chocolate at the stadium too. Of course they laced hers with Baileys.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Yes, because after the victory hug you will be bonded together by a layer of ice.

sschind
10 years ago

Stand between some fat people. They'll block the wind for you . Ski Goggles aren't the worst thing in the word either, people forget that their eyes are exposed to the elements too. Have fun with this Zero, your kids will always remember being there.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Where do you propose they find fat people...oops, forgot, this is Wisconsin. You should be good on that.

Now, now Wisconsin don't get upset, I'm laughing with you not at you. I'm a fat Wisconsinite myself.
sschind
10 years ago
Sorry Zero, this won't help you but I'll tell you my tip for staying warm. STAY IN THE FREAKING HOUSE. Actually I will be venturing out in the AM assuming my nephews BB games are still on (they didn't cancel them when we got a foot of snow why should the cold be any different) but I should be back snug and warm by 2:00 or so. Of course I will be at my sisters house for the game so I will still have to leave to go home but its nothing like sitting in the freezing cold for 4 hours.

I hope its a great experience for you and I give you credit for taking the plunge.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Sorry Zero, this won't help you but I'll tell you my tip for staying warm. STAY IN THE FREAKING HOUSE. Actually I will be venturing out in the AM assuming my nephews BB games are still on (they didn't cancel them when we got a foot of snow why should the cold be any different) but I should be back snug and warm by 2:00 or so. Of course I will be at my sisters house for the game so I will still have to leave to go home but its nothing like sitting in the freezing cold for 4 hours.

I hope its a great experience for you and I give you credit for taking the plunge.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

We have aisle seats so no fat people. Myself or my dad will take the aisle and we'll have the two girls between us with blankets. When the Packers doing something awesome, the girls gonna freeze cuz this daddy will be jumping up lol

I know it'll be cold, but I am going to do everything I can to keep them warm and when its done and over they will have a great memory. I hope.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

We have aisle seats so no fat people. Myself or my dad will take the aisle and we'll have the two girls between us with blankets. When the Packers doing something awesome, the girls gonna freeze cuz this daddy will be jumping up lol

I know it'll be cold, but I am going to do everything I can to keep them warm and when its done and over they will have a great memory. I hope.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

What area of the stadium you gonna be in dude?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
luigis
10 years ago
My 2 cents:

Don't wear jeans, jeans are very very cold, even on top of thermal undies, with -20 jeans will become cold rocks.

If you can get a thermal jumpsuit like the ones used for outside winter workers that would be great, they key is to get isolation and air is the best.

Luis
sschind
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

How can I say this without sounding mean? I hope your girls freeze a lot. From you jumping of course. Hopefully all 4 of you will be jumping around a lot and not just to keep warm.

Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago
We used to use vaseline on exposed skin (neck, face, wrists). That was a zillion years ago, though (last time I was in cold-weather game, Starr was quarterback).

I would second all those who have suggested the little handwarmers. But you said 4 each -- I would double that, at least. They take up very little room in big coat pockets, and if you don't use them, they're good to always have on hand in your car.

A couple other things:
1. Big rubber bands to hold the pants bottom tight against your boots (outside the boots, to trap that insulating air inside, but not tightened against the skin, which defeats the layering effect.
2. Re: mittens v. gloves. We found it best to choose "both": first a tight fitting pair of gloves, then an oversize pair of wind-stopping insulated mittens over the top. That way you get the layering, you don't get the loss of warmth through all those extra seams of the gloves, and yet if you want to drink a beer (or coffee), you can retain some coverage by taking the mittens off temporarilyand leaving the gloves on.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
nerdmann
10 years ago
You'll get cold. Especially your feet. Then you'll warm up.

Then you'll be ok.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (21h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (22h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.