Zero2Cool
10 years ago
I bought four tickets for two of the girls and my dad. My concern is the temperature for the girls who are 10 and 12. The 12 year old is like me in the sense of liking the cold. That being said, I don't want the girls to get frost bit.

I'm thinking of getting both the girls one of these.
UserPostedImage

They'll also be wearing long underwear, jeans and their snow pants, plus a few shirts with their winter jackets and mittens instead of gloves. I'll be getting the seats with a back on them too so they aren't sitting on the steel bleachers lol

What would you recommend to keep the girls warm?

Can we buy electric blankets that are battery operated into the game? I know you can bring blankets, but what about battery operated heated blankets?

Tips from the Packers .

Edit ... daddy keep girls warm checklist
1, hand warmers
2, head/face mask
3, layers of clothes
4, warm socks
5, snow pants
6, blankets (heated?)
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
I don't know the rules. I can see why a heated blanket will be a security threat. Keep in mind they will be passing gout hand warmers at the gate too. If they get cold take them inside.

It is -14 down here in IL this morning. I see you are only -11. Babies.
UserPostedImage
10 years ago
what about a bunch of hand warmers, something like these. Keep that ass as warm as you can!!

http://industrialsafetygear.com/hard-hats/1100-FIRE3PACK.html 
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Fleet Farm is handing out 70 handwarmers, but I will be buying the girls each at least four. My dad said one good thing to do is take two hand warmer's and put one each of your back pocket in your pants. The heat flows north.

what about a bunch of hand warmers, something like these. Keep that ass as warm as you can!!

http://industrialsafetygear.com/hard-hats/1100-FIRE3PACK.html 

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

You think I'm rich or something? lol how about this link lol
http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/grabber-20-pk-hand-warmers/0000000024973 
UserPostedImage
olds70supreme
10 years ago
There are two things to account for and it sounds like you will have both covered. First is warmth, which can be accomplished by layers and making sure the feet and head are kept warm. The second is skin exposure (frostbite), which a mask like you show should help against. Don't be afraid to take semi-regular (heated) bathroom breaks, if for no other reason than to take stock of how your girls are doing. Blankets are a plus, and bring a bunch of the handwarmers.
blank
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago
The only things I could think to add to the list of stuff to wear is multiple pairs of socks (assuming you guys won't be wearing the thick wool kind) and wearing something like a pair of flannel pjs/sweatpants or a pair of basketball shorts simply for purpose of an extra layer (and assuming it'll fit/be able to move).
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
mi_keys
10 years ago
In the vein of hand warmers, adhesive toe warmers are a godsend. Used them during the Badger/Gopher game this year, which wasn't nearly as cold, but was in the single digits for much of the day.
Born and bred a cheesehead
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
mucky is right about the socks. My son was in the Kish Hindu Mts of A-stan and he would change his socks while on patrol. Don't let your feet sweat, get wet then cold. If you have an extra pair you can change the during a bathroom break. We went to a couple of December games and carried the extra pair. We didn't change during the game but did once we got back to the car before our 5 hr drive home.

it is too late for this year's game but something to think about for the future is silkweight long johns. He got them overseas and they are fantastic. Lightweight and oh so warm.
tops 
pants 
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
this will be an incredible bonding experience for you and the girls as well. Years from now they will still be talking about it. It will help teach them they can overcome what others were not willing to do. Just don't let them get beyond what they are physically capable of doing. I am glad your dad is there too. He can help keep an eye out.

My wife says that they have pretty good hot chocolate at the stadium too. Of course they laced hers with Baileys.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago
I have a mask similar to that I've been wearing daily as I walk on my lunch hour and it has been cold, also use it when cross country skiing. It only goes up over the ears and velco's behind the head. It works very well for keeping the cold off the nose, ear and cheeks. Bring a cloth though. These masks also keep moisture in a cloth to wipe that moisture off the cheeks, nose and mouth is helpful.

Socks/Boots - Wear two pairs of socks. 1 liner sock should be thin (Fleetfarm or sporting goods store should have them, with wool/wool blend over them. The liner sock should wick moisture away from the skin. And make sure the boots are not tight with the additional socks bigger is better. There must be some air space for the body to heat up to help keep warm.

Long undies and pant. Also make sure the pants are lose over the long johns. No skinny jeans. Again air space for the body to warm up.

Hand - Mittens are good, but I find when hunting that the hand warmer pouches work even better. For me being able to have both hands in one insulated space I am able to keep them warm better.

Getting to the stadium. Wear as little as possible getting to the stadium. Nothing will make a person cold faster than breaking a sweat walking and then sitting in the cold. If you can carry a couple layers with you and throw them on once you get inside, do it.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (1h) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (14h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (20h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (21h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (21h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.