10 years ago
From rotoworld:

Packers re-signed FB John Kuhn to a one-year contract.
According to FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo, the deal is worth "just over" $1 million. With the Packers since 2007, Kuhn was one of the league's better lead blockers last season as the Pack re-established their run game with a vengeance. Although he's a rather infamous fantasy-football vulture, Kuhn has just two total touchdowns over the past two seasons. He turns 32 in September.
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
You know that "Mom cave" commercial Kuhn is in with Clay Matthews? IMO, Kuhn has a voice just like "Little Nicky" in that movie about the devil's son.

Good signing, considering the fairly small amount.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

GREEN BAY — The Lambeau Field faithful will be able to scream Kuuuuuuuuuhn! at the top of their lungs for at least another year.

The veteran fullback and folk hero re-signed with the Green Bay Packers on Thursday, coming to terms on a one-year deal with the club, agent Kevin Gold told ESPN.com's Rob Demovsky and the Green Bay Press-Gazette's Wes Hodkiewics.

The deal is reportedly expected to be worth more than $1 million.

Kuhn, who turns 32 in September, joined the Packers in 2007, when he was claimed off waivers from the Pittsburgh Steelers. He's played in 107 career regular-season games during his time in Green Bay, where he's become a fan favorite for his working-man's approach to the game. He's also one of quarterback Aaron Rodgers' closest friends on the team.

"Great player, great teammate," Rodgers said at the end of the season. "(There's) nobody I trust more on the field than John. He's an exceptional guy, I love playing with him, and I'd be really sad if we weren't able to walk out of that tunnel together as we do [when we] come out of the locker room for pregame warmups. John and I have walked together for the last six, seven years, and he's always been somebody I could really count on the field and just a great football player."

This was the second time Kuhn hit the open market. After the Packers won the Super Bowl XLV title in 2010, Kuhn was among the free agents who were impacted by the offseason lockout that followed. When an agreement between the league and the NFL Players Association was finally reached and free agency finally began a few days before training camps were set to open, Kuhn was only on the market briefly before signing a three-year, $7.5 million deal to return to Green Bay.

In 2013, Kuhn carried just 10 times for 38 yards (with one touchdown) and caught only 13 passes for 81 yards in regular-season play. For his eight-year NFL career — Kuhn carried twice for 18 yards in nine games in 2006 for the Pittsburgh Steelers, who then waived him — Kuhn has only 165 carries for 506 yards and 12 TDs.

Kuhn's biggest play last season came in the regular-season finale, when he dove to knock Chicago's Julius Peppers — now his Packers teammate — off course so Rodgers could buy enough time to throw his game-winning, playoff berth-clinching touchdown pass to Randall Cobb in the final minute of the fourth quarter. That TD and victory sent the Packers to their third straight NFC North title and a playoff berth.

Jason Wilde  wrote:

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
Kuhn is a good guy and he knows football. There are not many who get more out of their abilities than he does.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago
Great Move Ted!!!!!

Now Matt Flynn, Johnny Jolly and Ryan Pickett will round out a successful 2014 FA period!!!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
nerdmann
10 years ago

From rotoworld:

Packers re-signed FB John Kuhn to a one-year contract.
According to FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo, the deal is worth "just over" $1 million. With the Packers since 2007, Kuhn was one of the league's better lead blockers last season as the Pack re-established their run game with a vengeance. Although he's a rather infamous fantasy-football vulture, Kuhn has just two total touchdowns over the past two seasons. He turns 32 in September.

Originally Posted by: Scuba_Steve747 

Since when is Kuhn so awesome as a lead blocker!?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
steveishere
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

It says specifically last year and he was very good last year at both run and pass blocking.
nerdmann
10 years ago

It says specifically last year and he was very good last year at both run and pass blocking.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

If by that you mean adequate, then ok.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
joemailman
10 years ago
I wonder if Kuhn will remind his new teammate about "The Block".

UserPostedImage 
joemailman
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Having a back like Lacy makes everybody a better blocker.

Fan Shout
Martha Careful (2h) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (6h) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (9h) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.