musccy
9 years ago

Jordy is the type of guy Green Bay fans love. He's white, he's an unheralded "try hard"/blue collar guy, and he gets the job done.

But I'll wait to see what Davante Adams looks like, before I decide how much to pay him. To say nothing of Richard Rodgers, Colt Lyerla and Brandon Bostick.

Jordy's coming up on 30, no?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

What you and wpr are exactly right. (and I agree, impossible for any hammys to be pulled this year, right?)

I have never believed the Packers BPA draft crap they preach to the fans. It all started with the 6 defensive players in 2012, and this cemented it for me. It can not be coincidence that they drafted 4 receiving threats the year before their big 3 returning WRs were in their contract years. This has to be part of the team's plans, and although Nelson talked during OTAs about wanting to get resigned before training camp, I can't see him, Cobb, or Boykin getting signed before we get some idea of what we have with this draft class.
steveishere
9 years ago

Raji's is a relative blip on the salary cap radar now anyway, that is unless he does something this year with his shift to NT.

Cruz doesn't run the ball like Cobb is, he's not your prototypical slot guy and I'm sure he and his agent will exploit that.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Cobb has only run the ball 16 times over 3 seasons, I don't think that will play much into it. The only reason I'd see Cobb getting more money is due to the salary cap increasing a lot from when Cruz signed his deal.
musccy
9 years ago

Cobb has only run the ball 16 times over 3 seasons, I don't think that will play much into it. The only reason I'd see Cobb getting more money is due to the salary cap increasing a lot from when Cruz signed his deal.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

I'll admit I'm surprised by that, I thought it was much higher...but be that as it may, it's 15 more attempts than Cruz, and with his return and QB skills he's more than just a slot like Cruz is. Not that I mean for this to just be a Cobb/Cruz comparison, but point being I think Cobb will be very expensive.
warhawk
9 years ago
Would it not be that if they renegotiate this years 3.5 mil upwards that they could settle on a lower number over the next three years?

I mean if he's going to be paid 3.5 this year without any renegotiating and then 30mil over 3 that comes out to 33.5mil over four years. If they bump him to 8mil now and 8 over the following 3 that's 32million. Surely that would be good enough, eh?

Player contracts are certainly not my strong suit.
"The train is leaving the station."
packman82
9 years ago
Don't pay him and let him walk. If Jennings got us a 3rd round comp pick Nelson will do the same. Ted Thompson has a proven track record in drafting WR's.
blank
steveishere
9 years ago

I'll admit I'm surprised by that, I thought it was much higher...but be that as it may, it's 15 more attempts than Cruz, and with his return and QB skills he's more than just a slot like Cruz is. Not that I mean for this to just be a Cobb/Cruz comparison, but point being I think Cobb will be very expensive.

That's nice and all but really the big difference between the two is that in just 1 year in 2011 Cruz had nearly the production as a WR that Cobb has had in all 3 of his seasons combined. Cobb may well be expensive but I don't really think he has much of an argument to be paid more than Cruz at this point. It's possible he has a huge season and another team is willing to throw that much money at him but as of now I don't really see his value being that high.
nerdmann
9 years ago

What you and wpr are exactly right. (and I agree, impossible for any hammys to be pulled this year, right?)

I have never believed the Packers BPA draft crap they preach to the fans. It all started with the 6 defensive players in 2012, and this cemented it for me. It can not be coincidence that they drafted 4 receiving threats the year before their big 3 returning WRs were in their contract years. This has to be part of the team's plans, and although Nelson talked during OTAs about wanting to get resigned before training camp, I can't see him, Cobb, or Boykin getting signed before we get some idea of what we have with this draft class.

Boykin's nothing special.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
musccy
9 years ago

Depending on what happens with Cobb/Nelson, it's sure be nice to retain some continuity at that position, though. I can't imagine him being all too expensive, either.
steveishere
9 years ago

Phenomenal analysis, very convincing.
[sarcasm]
steveishere
9 years ago

Depending on what happens with Cobb/Nelson, it's sure be nice to retain some continuity at that position, though. I can't imagine him being all too expensive, either.

Boykin can still be RFA tendered for like 1.5m or so after this season so we've still got him locked up for 2 years.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (3h) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.