Laser Gunns
9 years ago
That D line does not insipire a lot of hope....

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
RaiderPride
9 years ago
Some times our most loved, get very little love, only because they are always there for us.

How about a big round of applause for John Kuhn, knocking "Father Time" on his ass, at the goal line, again.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
yooperfan
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: Laser Gunns 

I agree.
Datone Jones better show up big time.
Although when you consider that Peppers, Neal and Perry will probably see some time on the DL, it doesn't seem quite so bad.
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

In some ways being on IR might be worse in players minds... means your season is done (if you stay on IR), means you're injured and means you might have to work towards an injury settlement if they don't want to keep you on IR for the whole season.

Like I noticed today the RB Neal, ILB Thomas and OL Tiller were sent to IR during the 75 man cut downs... but on Packers.com I don't see them listed on the IR on the updated roster...

Maybe a mistake on Packers.com's part? Or maybe they got injury settlements and released like TE Lyerla?

Originally Posted by: beast 

Just to follow up on this, even though those players are not listed on the roster if you click on the transaction link they are all still listed there as being placed on IR. No furthur mention of any injury settlement.

08/30/2014 T Aaron Adams, LB Nate Palmer, TE Jake Stoneburner and DT Khyri Thornton placed on injured reserve
08/26/2014 WR Jared Abbrederis, T/G Don Barclay, RB Rajion Neal, DT B.J. Raji, LB Joe Thomas and G Andrew Tiller placed on injured reserve

I'm still curious about Stoneburner, all the sources I have checked has him placed on IR, no mention of injury settlement. Could be these moves take a day or 2, just gonna wait and see.

I did find this little tidbit which could explain why Goodson was placed on the 53 man roster.

Note: The surprise here was Goodson over Jumal Rolle. Perhaps the tiebreaker was that Goodson is a draft pick (sixth round). However, it's possible the Packers are waiting for his concussion to clear up so they can waive him and bring him back to the practice squad. You can't waive an injured player without a settlement.

Again just gonna have to wait and see what developes.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
luigis
9 years ago
I echo the ideas of many of you, that means we must be all wrong!

I think we are very thin in the OL. If something happens to Linsley we have to put Sitton at Center and isert Taylor at G.

And if something happens to Bulaga or Bakteria our options are to give up or put Sherrod (in that specific order)

Luis
steveishere
9 years ago
so far practice squad is Banjo, Perillo, Rolle, and Myles White
steveishere
9 years ago

I echo the ideas of many of you, that means we must be all wrong!

I think we are very thin in the OL. If something happens to Linsley we have to put Sitton at Center and isert Taylor at G.

And if something happens to Bulaga or Bakteria our options are to give up or put Sherrod (in that specific order)

Originally Posted by: luigis 

One thing with OL though is it's a thin group leaguewide. Especially at the T position, there just aren't really any good back ups. I think we are still in a good position depth wise compared to a lot of teams. We've lost a starter and our top swing back up so far so you have to expect some depth issues but I think we are still pretty good overall considering those circumstances.

We've still got a G back up who has always looked competent when he's gotten his chances. Sherrod is still unknown but he got more criticism for mistakes he made in preseason than normal just because of his draft position. He gave up a couple sacks/pressure throughout the preseason but that was just 4 or 5 plays or whatever, on the other 200 plays he was solid.
beast
9 years ago

Just to follow up on this, even though those players are not listed on the roster if you click on the transaction link they are all still listed there as being placed on IR. No furthur mention of any injury settlement.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

I assume you mean on Packers.com transaction link?

And I agree with you... but Packers.com transaction link also TE Colt Lyerla being signed, but not released nor IRed. So I don't think that transaction link is perfect and may not be official.

Joe Thomas Reserve/Injured from Waived/Injured; Not Against 90 (reserve/injured from waived/injured; not against 90).
Rajion Neal Reserve/Injured from Waived/Injured; Not Against 90 (reserve/injured from waived/injured; not against 90).
Andrew Tiller Reserve/Injured from Waived/Injured; Not Against 90 (reserve/injured from waived/injured; not against 90).

8/26 Rajion Neal Waived, Injured, Prior to Cut to 75 (waived, injured, prior to cut to 75).
Andrew Tiller Waived, Injured, Prior to Cut to 75 (waived, injured, prior to cut to 75).
Colt Lyerla Waived, Injury Settlement (waived, injury settlement).
Don Barclay Reserve/Injured (reserve/injured).
Jared Abbrederis Reserve/Injured (reserve/injured).
Joe Thomas Waived, Injured, Prior to Cut to 75 (waived, injured, prior to cut to 75).
B.J. Raji Reserve/Injured (reserve/injured).

8/25 Chase Rettig Waived, No Recall (waived, no recall).
Ina Liaina Waived, No Recall (waived, no recall).
Korey Jones Waived, No Recall (waived, no recall).
Chris Harper Waived, No Recall (waived, no recall).
Antonio Dennard Waived, No Recall (waived, no recall).
Gerrard Sheppard Waived, No Recall (waived, no recall).
Charles Clay Waived, No Recall (waived, no recall).

NFL.com's Packers transactions  wrote:

I'm not sure but I'm wondering if that means they were injured and cut? (after an injury settlement is reached)

Looking at Raji, Barclay and Abbrederis they don't have the "waived" comment by their names so they're keepers and the others might be released after an injury settlement?
UserPostedImage
beast
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: Laser Gunns 

And neither are you, yet we're not complaining about that [grin1]
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago

One thing with OL though is it's a thin group leaguewide. Especially at the T position, there just aren't really any good back ups. I think we are still in a good position depth wise compared to a lot of teams. We've lost a starter and our top swing back up so far so you have to expect some depth issues but I think we are still pretty good overall considering those circumstances.

We've still got a G back up who has always looked competent when he's gotten his chances. Sherrod is still unknown but he got more criticism for mistakes he made in preseason than normal just because of his draft position. He gave up a couple sacks/pressure throughout the preseason but that was just 4 or 5 plays or whatever, on the other 200 plays he was solid.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Lang can always swing out to T in an emergency. He's done it before.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (11h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.