Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
9 years ago

I disagree with you on this one, always have, heard you the first time, etc.

I think you are wrong here, Wade. I don't call you wrong, lightly. I totally get the philosophical thing you have going, but the pragmatical thing is our reality, and if in the minority of whack-bird vs. some reasonableness, you gotta go some reasonableness.

[i]'m also fully aware that if the last 6 years is not going to convince you of that, I'm certainly not going to.

I guess we just let them melt this country down completely, as philosophically all our alternatives were too flawed, and we don't give a damn about the opponents alternatives... let them run the show and we can sit on the top of the smoking heap and say, "We told you so."

I submit your mockery concern has the priority just below whale shit in comparison, but that is a personal aside and I don't want to offend your sensibilities. I apologize in advance of you reading this, and if I can send you some chocolate chip cookies and perhaps some warm hot chocolate to ease the pain of any inadvertent criticism, I will do so. This offer stands for all my fellow posters, as I want to be all kumbaya for all of you , all of the time, especially when not discussing the Packers.

I just friggin' promised Zero I would calm down and you bring up the ONE thing I find you to be a hypocrite upon. I can't win in here, friggin' sue me. I'll still send the cookies and hot chocolate. 😆

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

I know you disagree. Virtually all of my friends and family do. My sister is starting to come around, but other than that...well, the best I hear is that I'm an "impractical idealist". :)

Re: last 6 years. I see the point. I just lack your optimism.

Younger Bush was a major disappointment to me. I voted for him once, but couldn't the second time. And I keep forgetting I did vote for McCain, based more on my impression of his character as a POW here than any real confidence in his policy-maker: I saw BO as yet another in a long line of Chicago machine politicians (i.e., corrupt) and a wooly-headed liberal know-nothing that first election; and since character is big to me when it comes to politicos, I voted for the GOP that time. I just couldn't bring myself to vote for Romney the second time. He struck me, still does, as a sleazy used car salesman type. And, frankly, if the American people couldn't see through BO's pretending after 4 years, I felt (still do) that we are doomed. Voting for empty words packaged and lauded by the illiterati once is bad enough; repeating the mistake is, to my mind, mind-boggling.

For the record, here is my presidential voting record:

1976: Eugene McCarthy Okay, this one was true youthful idealism, plus I had had two long extended conversations (drove him to and from an airport) with him that fall. If had a do-over, would have voted for Ford.
1980: Reagan.
1984: Reagan. Height of my card-carrying GOP days.
1988: Bush the Elder. Always thought more of him than Reagan, actually. Character wins for me.
1992: Bush again.
1996: Dole. Another character candidate. In some ways the last candidate I've seen "worth" voting for.
2000: Bush the Younger. Basically decided "least of evils" this time.
2004: "None of the above." Couldn't fill in the Bush blank again. As for Kerry, I wanted to give him credit for his pre-anti-war military record, but I couldn't. Everything that is wrong with mainstream politics of the east coast variety, IMO.
2008. McCain. Obama? Empty. Biden. Yuck. Character worth the shot, even though had some substantial policy disagreements with him.
2012. "None of the above." Sat in the booth wondering "Romney?" for awhile, but couldn't do it.
2016. It won't be for Hillary. Other than that, I have no idea. Hope NOTA isn't necessary, but fear it will be.

I agree about the disaster that is the current administration. The notion that there are *any* people outside of their immediate families who think they are worthy of the offices they occupy simply appalls me.

But if the course of the presidents of my lifetime (starting with Eisenhower) is any indication, there's a good bet that whoever comes next *can* be worse. (Certainly Hillary could be.) And that, I submit, is .... well, I can't think of a term negative enough.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Hey, I thought we weren't supposed to discuss the evil P word outside of the Back Alley hahahahaha.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Think of it like this. If the content or discussion is PG-13, there's no reason we need to hide any topic. If there is childish bickering and namecalling going back and forth, PackersHome reserves the right to relocate the topic to the Back Alley. Does that make more sense? Basically, any topic is up for debate, as ALWAYS. It's the direction (e.g. down the crapper) that is important.

Not directed at you Ray. As for this topic. The question is WHO you voted for, it is asking HOW you vote. Do you vote for 'your' Party or do you vote for whomever you feel is the best candidate regardless of their party?

UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
9 years ago

Hey, I thought we weren't supposed to discuss the evil P word outside of the Back Alley hahahahaha.

Regarding whose is longer - time voting that is, I go back to when governors were only elected for 2 years in Wisconsin. And I first voted for president in 1968 - I guess we aren't saying who we voted for hahahaha, but my first won twice and resigned before his second term ended.

As for not voting - either due to principles or not knowing enough about the candidates, I agree with Smokey (I think it was), you forfeit your right to complain (morally if not legally) if you don't vote. Avoiding the "choosing the lesser of two evils" is often a concept that results in ending up with the WORSE of the two evils - the lesson many good people who couldn't stomach Romney and McCain learned in the last two elections.

At the risk of being considered naive, I will state that the belief that virtually all politicians on one side as well as a significant percentage even on what I consider the wrong side - no statement as to which is which since this ain't the Back Alley and we don't want to injure any sensitive beings who might be browsing hahahahaha - have the long term good of America and Americans at heart, just with different theories of how to achieve that end.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Actually, politics was originally very much a part of Random Babble. I think it eventually moved over to Back Alley because some people wanted to take the gloves off more than is typical in RB. I know that was/is my philosophy.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago
I honestly could care less about character. Give me a crook who is right on the issues (take either meaning of right hahaha), and I'll choose him(her) anytime over some sincerely good person who is wrong on the issues.

I actually could see myself voting for Hillary if the cards fell exactly right - which is to say wrong hahaha. Defense/Security/Interventionist foreign policy - basically Keeping America On Top - supersedes all other issues IMO. As bad as Hillary is on pretty much every other issue - hard left all the way, she is fairly solid on that most important one - Benghazi aside. What would it take for me to vote for her? Having the Republicans nominate Rand Paul (or Ron), that's what.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

Think of it like this. If the content or discussion is PG-13, there's no reason we need to hide any topic. If there is childish bickering and namecalling going back and forth, PackersHome reserves the right to relocate the topic to the Back Alley. Does that make more sense? Basically, any topic is up for debate, as ALWAYS. It's the direction (e.g. down the crapper) that is important.

Not directed at you Ray. As for this topic. The question is WHO you voted for, it is asking HOW you vote. Do you vote for 'your' Party or do you vote for whomever you feel is the best candidate regardless of their party?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

OK, then I guess the answer is: go behind the curtain, flip the little levers, and flip the big lever hahahaha.

texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

Actually, politics was originally very much a part of Random Babble. I think it eventually moved over to Back Alley because some people wanted to take the gloves off more than is typical in RB. I know that was/is my philosophy.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Yeah ....... it seems strangely civil in here. I think something is missing ...... or maybe somebody - I can't quite remember who hahahahahahaha.

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

The question is WHO you voted for, it is asking HOW you vote. Do you vote for 'your' Party or do you vote for whomever you feel is the best candidate regardless of their party?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

By say who you vote for you are saying HOW you vote.
To be more specific, I never vote straight party. Never have. I can not see how 1 party would have the best candidates across the board.

Excluding County elections because there are just so few Dems living out here that even they claim to be Republican to get on the ballot and I am fine with that.

I probably vote Rep about 70% of the time. I have tired to vote for more Dems in the past but as Wade points out there are just too many Chicago Machine politicians that jump into Michael Madigan's bed. He has absolutely destroyed this state and nobody seems to care.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
9 years ago

By say who you vote for you are saying HOW you vote.
To be more specific, I never vote straight party. Never have. I can not see how 1 party would have the best candidates across the board.

Excluding County elections because there are just so few Dems living out here that even they claim to be Republican to get on the ballot and I am fine with that.

I probably vote Rep about 70% of the time. I have tired to vote for more Dems in the past but as Wade points out there are just too many Chicago Machine politicians that jump into Michael Madigan's bed. He has absolutely destroyed this state and nobody seems to care.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Most who don't live in my State don't really know what is going on there, unless they are convicted of a crime . I'd not be surprised if you said the same about my State. I just hope that you or any others need to ask your community or state for help due to an unforeseen illness or tragedy.
Most do not agree with everything that either of the two parties want to do, some agree with one view but not another.
The sad thing is that compromise is what most people want .
Telling everyone about your political views really belongs in a completely different category, this forum needs to remain Religiously and Politically neutral.

Please place this thread in the restricted category, Please.

...................Add more Smileys Please !!.............

UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

Most who don't live in my State don't really know what is going on there, unless they are convicted of a crime . I'd not be surprised if you said the same about my State. I just hope that you or any others need to ask your community or state for help due to an unforeseen illness or tragedy.
Most do not agree with everything that either of the two parties want to do, some agree with one view but not another.
Telling everyone about your political views really belongs in a completely different category, this forum needs to remain Religiously and Politically neutral.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

WHY? (I tried to make it red and bold, and I couldn't)

Do you know ANYBODY with an IQ in double digits, much less triple, who is politically and religiously neutral?

Did you even read what Wade said above?

No, compromise is NOT what most people WANT. What they want is WHAT THEY WANT. Compromise is what they settle for. Example: I WANTED this reply to be in red letters like your post, but I had to compromise due to my damn computer illiteracy.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Actually I have had a lot of experience in this area. Family members, close friends and clients. I have never counted but it is close to 100. That still doesn't change what Madigan has done to the state.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

19-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

19-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.