Zero2Cool
9 years ago
I have been bombarded by these dang Governor advertisements any time I turn on the TV. One thing that worries me is I never recall one candidate telling me what they WILL do, but rather they continue telling me what the other HAS NOT done. I would think you would has that spot to tell voters why they should vote you because of what you are going to do.

Anyhow, I am told there are two parties. Republican and Democrat.

If you are one or the other, do you vote for the party, or the individual? What if the opposing candidate had great ideas and a great plan, but is part of the party you are not "a part of"? Do you just vote for your party or do you vote for the best candidate?

I think if voters blindly vote Red or Blue they are failing their responsibility and opportunity as voters.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
9 years ago
I have never in my life voted a party ticket... I abstain from voting a ticket if I haven't enough information to vote with any intelligence to the candidates values, their history of decision makings and very little in terms of campaign ads messages.

For instance.. the last 8 presidential and gubernatorial .. 37.5 percent Dem.. 37.5 percent Rep, and 25 percent of my vote went Independent.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

I have never in my life voted a party ticket... I abstain from voting a ticket if I haven't enough information to vote with any intelligence to the candidates values, their history of decision makings and very little in terms of campaign ads messages.

For instance.. the last 8 presidentials.. 37.5 percent Dem.. 37.5 percent Rep, and 25 percent of my vote went Independent.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Last 8? Holy crap you've been around a long time!!

I think it is kind of naive to just vote for your party and not whom you feel is the best candidate.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
9 years ago

Last 8? Holy crap you've been around a long time!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

LOL.. yeah I am not quite that old. Forgot the add the adjoining office to the sentence.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
IronMan
9 years ago
I'm not sure why anyone would vote democrat right now. Of course, as I've said before, people get the government they deserve.

The majority of Americans today are lazy, fiscally irresponsible, and have no backbone. So I guess it should be no surprise that people have been voting for the party that rewards this behavior.
Smokey
9 years ago
I vote in person and in secret . Who I vote for is nobody's business .

Vote, or don't complain about the results !

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
I have voted in 9 presidential and 9 gubernatorial and more than twice that in local and state elections for both major parties along with a few minor parties and some independents. None of it really mattered. None of it changed anything one way or another. I have not voted for a candidate on many occasions when I preferred "none of the above". That didn't work either.

Like Pack93 if I don't know much about the candidates I won't vote for anyone.

Recently I have taken to getting a ballot and not voting or voting in one or two of the local county races or local referendums.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
9 years ago
I vote.

I vote "none of the above" with regularity.

To me, it is the politicos who have to show to me they are worthy of office. If they don't, I write "none of the above" on the ballot.

There are far too many elected offices in this country that get filled because people choose the "lesser of two evils" approach. Because an empty office for a term (or the constitutional "crises" such would necessitate) is better than too many of the people Americans have elected that way.

Voting "no" isn't an avoidance of a citizen's responsibility. It's a commitment to the same. Without "no" as a ballot option, we make a mockery of the whole "voluntary consent of the governed" idea.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
dfosterf
9 years ago

I vote.

I vote "none of the above" with regularity.

To me, it is the politicos who have to show to me they are worthy of office. If they don't, I write "none of the above" on the ballot.

There are far too many elected offices in this country that get filled because people choose the "lesser of two evils" approach. Because an empty office for a term (or the constitutional "crises" such would necessitate) is better than too many of the people Americans have elected that way.

Voting "no" isn't an avoidance of a citizen's responsibility. It's a commitment to the same. Without "no" as a ballot option, we make a mockery of the whole "voluntary consent of the governed" idea.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

I disagree with you on this one, always have, heard you the first time, etc.

I think you are wrong here, Wade. I don't call you wrong, lightly. I totally get the philosophical thing you have going, but the pragmatical thing is our reality, and if in the minority of whack-bird vs. some reasonableness, you gotta go some reasonableness.

[i]'m also fully aware that if the last 6 years is not going to convince you of that, I'm certainly not going to.

I guess we just let them melt this country down completely, as philosophically all our alternatives were too flawed, and we don't give a damn about the opponents alternatives... let them run the show and we can sit on the top of the smoking heap and say, "We told you so."

I submit your mockery concern has the priority just below whale shit in comparison, but that is a personal aside and I don't want to offend your sensibilities. I apologize in advance of you reading this, and if I can send you some chocolate chip cookies and perhaps some warm hot chocolate to ease the pain of any inadvertent criticism, I will do so. This offer stands for all my fellow posters, as I want to be all kumbaya for all of you , all of the time, especially when not discussing the Packers.

I just friggin' promised Zero I would calm down and you bring up the ONE thing I find you to be a hypocrite upon. I can't win in here, friggin' sue me. I'll still send the cookies and hot chocolate. 😆
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago
Hey, I thought we weren't supposed to discuss the evil P word outside of the Back Alley hahahahaha.

Regarding whose is longer - time voting that is, I go back to when governors were only elected for 2 years in Wisconsin. And I first voted for president in 1968 - I guess we aren't saying who we voted for hahahaha, but my first won twice and resigned before his second term ended.

As for not voting - either due to principles or not knowing enough about the candidates, I agree with Smokey (I think it was), you forfeit your right to complain (morally if not legally) if you don't vote. Avoiding the "choosing the lesser of two evils" is often a concept that results in ending up with the WORSE of the two evils - the lesson many good people who couldn't stomach Romney and McCain learned in the last two elections.

At the risk of being considered naive, I will state that the belief that virtually all politicians on one side as well as a significant percentage even on what I consider the wrong side - no statement as to which is which since this ain't the Back Alley and we don't want to injure any sensitive beings who might be browsing hahahahaha - have the long term good of America and Americans at heart, just with different theories of how to achieve that end.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (now) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (4h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (4h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (20h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (21h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (22h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
37m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

38m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.