hardrocker950
9 years ago

I never thought Rodgers was laughing AT the opposing team, anyway. I always thought he was just happy and excited and usually signaling some type of inside gesture to the sideline. I don't think it has much to do with the opposing team and just has everything to do with the Packers themselves. Don't flatter yourselves, Eagles.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

This is what I took from it too. Aaron doesn't seem like the kind of guy to intentionally insult an opposing team. He would have nothing to gain by pissing them off.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

I just really never interpreted anything Rodgers has done on the field to be "mocking." I just see it as him being very happy, loving the game, and enjoying his success with his teammates and coaches. There is a substantial difference between the two, imo.

Someone pointed out how excited defensive players get when they sack the quarterback. Most go crazy. This is no different, except that it's of a lesser magnitude.

I love it when you quote yourself. [rockon]
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
9 years ago

I love it when you quote yourself. [rockon]

Originally Posted by: wpr 

haha, yeah. I'm at work and in a hurry. I thought I was editing my original post. Oh well! [boxing] [boxing]
sschind
9 years ago

It's something he might want to keep in check.

I remember there were instances where defensive players would pull up even if they had a shot on Favre. There's a certain respect factor. Say there was a fumble or an INT. A defensive player can "block" the QB, like Sapp did to Cliffy back in the day. They don't HAVE to, but they are allowed to take their shots.

But I don't think Aaron is over the top with mocking other teams or anything.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Good point. I don't know if there was anyone in the league who didn't respect Favre, at least for the majority of his career. I don't think Rodgers has that. I'm not talking about his play of course, everyone has to respect that but I think he sort of portrays that "pretty boy" attitude that pisses some people off. Laughing at your opponent is just one of those things. He did it plenty against the Bears as well but I agree I don't think it was over the top. Of course I am a Packers fan.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

haha, yeah. I'm at work and in a hurry. I thought I was editing my original post. Oh well! [boxing] [boxing]

I've done it too. With the power Zero once gave me I also accidentally was editing other people's posts instead of quoting them. That was embarrassing. 😊
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
9 years ago

Good point. I don't know if there was anyone in the league who didn't respect Favre, at least for the majority of his career. I don't think Rodgers has that. I'm not talking about his play of course, everyone has to respect that but I think he sort of portrays that "pretty boy" attitude that pisses some people off. Laughing at your opponent is just one of those things. He did it plenty against the Bears as well but I agree I don't think it was over the top. Of course I am a Packers fan.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Once again, I don't even think he was laughing AT the Bears or the Eagles. He was enjoying the moments between his coaches and teammates. Enjoying the fact that plays they worked on all week actually worked in the game. There's a big difference. The Eagles need to worry about themselves. If they were stopping Rodgers, he wouldn't have a chance to do anything. That's on them, not Rodgers or the Packers, or any other team.
nerdmann
9 years ago
Also keep in mind the "secretly gay" issue. We all know our beloved QB likes peen. As fans we don't care and we support Aaron. But in the NFL, there's alot of homophobia. Maybe it's just dudes who are denying their own sexuality, maybe it's dudes who are just messed up. But there's bound to be haters.

Also keep in mind the comments Jennings has made since he left the team. Donald Driver didn't exactly come to Aaron's defense either. There could be more going on there than we are aware of.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DoddPower
9 years ago

Also keep in mind the "secretly gay" issue. We all know our beloved QB likes peen. As fans we don't care and we support Aaron. But in the NFL, there's alot of homophobia. Maybe it's just dudes who are denying their own sexuality, maybe it's dudes who are just messed up. But there's bound to be haters.

Also keep in mind the comments Jennings has made since he left the team. Donald Driver didn't exactly come to Aaron's defense either. There could be more going on there than we are aware of.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yet I bet there are VERY few players in the NFL that would not want Aaron Rodgers as their quarterback. Dem haters gonna hate!
macbob
9 years ago
If the positions/score had been reversed, the Eagles would have been yucking it up and having a good time.

They got embarrassed (like we did the first game against the SheHawks) and it stung. Whining about how much the other team/players were enjoying themselves isn't going to remove the sting. It's just going to make you look like...well...whiners.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (2h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
now / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

16m / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.