nerdmann
9 years ago
Hawk is what he is. An old school blue collar guy who sleeps in a hyperbaric chamber and will do anything to get better and help his team, except juice.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Hawk is what he is. An old school blue collar guy who sleeps in a hyperbaric chamber and will do anything to get better and help his team, except juice.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I think that's his problem. He was on juice at OSU, and has been off it during his pro career.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

uffda udfa
9 years ago
from ESPNWisconsin.com...

"No, I'm not hurt. My body has bounced back every week," Hawk said Thursday after being told of Rodgers' comments. "I feel better older than I did younger. I think he was just trying to be supportive of a friend or teammate --I don't know."

Hawk contradicts Rodgers...what ya got now, Buck?

BTW, the article was about him being done. He is and we're better for it.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

from ESPNWisconsin.com...

"No, I'm not hurt. My body has bounced back every week," Hawk said Thursday after being told of Rodgers' comments. "I feel better older than I did younger. I think he was just trying to be supportive of a friend or teammate --I don't know."

Hawk contradicts Rodgers...what ya got now, Buck?

BTW, the article was about him being done. He is and we're better for it.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

#1 What Team do you play for????

I bet you play Madden and have actually made yourself a Green Bay Packer!!!!

Just from your dumb ass posts, I Know that's the closest you have ever been to playing the game.

Here's a hint, MADDEN ISN'T REAL!!!!!

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

I don't know why you think you are calling me out on this, I think I have stated in this thread and at least 1 other that Father Time looks to have caught up with AJ Hawk.

You are so Damn Ignorant, you don't even realize that you are arguing with yourself.

😆 😆 😆 😆

As long as this subject keeps you from trolling and spamming other threads, well, it's a real plus for Packershome.com.

Hell, since you are providing me with more daily laughs then I ever though possible, I hope you just keep right on posting!!!!

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

The 30-year-old Hawk has spent his entire career with the team that drafted him fifth overall in 2006, although they did cut him once, in March 2011, only to sign him back under different terms one day later. He's one of the most insightful players on the team on the rare occasion that he shows up in the locker room during the week of a game, but he has never been comfortable talking about himself.

"It doesn't matter; no one cares," Hawk said at his locker. "Everyone is in their own life, and they should be. This team is playing really well. That's why I was hesitant to even come in here. Nothing is about me. It shouldn't be about me. It's dumb to talk about me. We're 10-3."

"I've been preparing since the day I walked in here for the day I get cut," Hawk said. "I've been cut before, so whenever they decide to let me roll, that's something I've been preparing for since I was 21 basically, when I got drafted. But I have no idea. I can't predict the future; I definitely don't try to. I don't deal in hypotheticals, that's for sure. They can tap me on the shoulder right now and get me out of here. So our contracts aren't real contracts like that. They're not obliged to keep me here through the end of, what, next year, I guess, my contract is.

"So I don't think I let like my mind wander or anything towards what could happen. That's not up to me, but try to hopefully get another ring, at least, before they give me the boot."
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
9 years ago
Buck...you haven't kept me away from anyone here at PH.

I wasn't going to post in any thread but Power Rankings one...Z moved it to another thread so I commented there. I saw a Hawk thread and since the cult of AJ is so strong, I felt compelled on my way out to hit this topic hard.

Any thoughts on Nick Barnett or Randy Scott? Great Packers? Packers HOF worthy? Barnett has gotta be if he made more tackles than AJ in less games.
UserPostedImage

buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

Buck...you haven't keep me away from anyone here at PH.

I wasn't going to post in any thread but Power Rankings one...Z moved it to another thread so I commented there. I saw a Hawk thread and since the cult of AJ is so strong, I felt compelled on my way out to hit this topic hard.

Any thoughts on Nick Barnett or Randy Scott? Great Packers? Packers HOF worthy? Barnett has gotta be if he made more tackles than AJ in less games.

I asked you a question.

What Team do you play for?

Your "we're better" comment, suggests you play for The Packers.

That true????

I want to know, you may be one of my favorites and I would feel bad calling out a REAL Packer!!!
😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

I've been waiting for the ole "uffda spin".

Can't make a valid point so let's change the subject!!!

C'mon, you have more work to do, to convince yourslef that you are right.

I'm waiting.

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

Anyone who thinks AJ is back next year is out of their minds. He's gone. It's already been written about...both he and Tramon...GONE. That is a good thing.

Don't hate AJ Hawk...hate his middling to underperforming play.

Night and Day when Clay went to play the position... did you not notice the difference? We went from sub par to excellent playmaking all from a guy who hadn't played the position vs. a guy who had for 9 miserable years.

Now, we have a unathletic late rounder replacing him and he's standing out also because the guy we had there before was junk.

You realize when someone has been brainwashed there is a ton of deprogramming required. Greg Jennings was right about brainwashing in Green Bay...it spilled over to the fans when it came to AJ Hawk for sure. Open your eyes... really...open them.

When Clay went to MLB he was playing opposite of Hawk. So the change in play is the difference between Clay at MLB compared to Lattimore or Jones.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
DakotaT
9 years ago
As much as love the clawless cat fight between Uffdalever and Uncle Buck, can we transition the Hawk talk to a more constructive subject of when are we ever going to draft the next Patrick Willis? The Packers have really sucked at drafting linebackers, which is ironic playing a linebacker defense. Maybe it is more sad than ironic.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
9 years ago

As much as love the clawless cat fight between Uffdalever and Uncle Buck, can we transition the Hawk talk to a more constructive subject of when are we ever going to draft the next Patrick Willis? The Packers have really sucked at drafting linebackers, which is ironic playing a linebacker defense. Maybe it is more sad than ironic.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

They haven't really sucked at drafting linebackers so much as they really just haven't committed to it. They highest they've selected one was Terrell Manning in the 5th round who sucked but was still just a 5th rounder. Getting guys like Barrington and Bishop in the 7th and 6th round were steals. Bradford didn't look so good in preseason but that was at a different position and none of us has really ever seen him play ILB so we don't really know what he is at this point. It will be interesting to see what kind of player we can get at that position if we commit an early pick to one though.
DakotaT
9 years ago

They haven't really sucked at drafting linebackers so much as they really just haven't committed to it. They highest they've selected one was Terrell Manning in the 5th round who sucked but was still just a 5th rounder. Getting guys like Barrington and Bishop in the 7th and 6th round were steals. Bradford didn't look so good in preseason but that was at a different position and none of us has really ever seen him play ILB so we don't really know what he is at this point. It will be interesting to see what kind of player we can get at that position if we commit an early pick to one though.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Maybe we should just sign a proven player in free agency and go into the season without question marks at linebacker for a change? The Peppers thing worked out pretty well. But that would mean Uncle Ted would have to change his vacation plans and actually be around 1265 Lombardi Avenue the first week.
UserPostedImage