nerdmann
9 years ago
-Tolzien would be my backup today. This defense has speed to close in a hurry. You need a guy who can get the ball there in time. Tolzien has had all year to get up to speed and has been getting reps for over a month now. I'd have been giving him reps all week.

-Sherrod won't be lining up at RT, but if Aaron can't move in the pocket, we could see a similar result. Look for Aaron to take his painkiller injection (if need be) BEFORE the game this week, not at the half. He needs to be able to evade the pass rush and step into his throws. As I said above, this defense has the speed to close quickly on the ball.

-I would also plan on jamming Lacy down their throats. This will be extra important today as it looks like there will be wind.

-I'd have DuJuan active if possible, or possibly use Cobb in the backfield for screens and traps to slow down that speedy, aggressive Dline. I'd also have been practicing these plays, so Aaron doesn't throw INTs into the breadbaskets of Bruce Ivins and Cliff Avril.

-If Sherman stays on one side of the field, I put Cobb over there all day. No way in hell Sherman can change direction with Cobb. Run picks out of bunch formations if Sherman tries to jam him.

-On defense, go for the INTs, if it's windy out there.

-Go for the strip against Wilson. He has a propensity to but the ball on the ground.

-Stop Lynch but focus on Wilson's running. Try to minimize the QB rating as the key to winning. This game will be an excellent test of that theory.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago
Overall. Strategy:

Kick Ass! Take Names!

GO! PACK! GO!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DarkaneRules
9 years ago
Tackle like your life depends on it.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

-Tolzien would be my backup today. This defense has speed to close in a hurry. You need a guy who can get the ball there in time. Tolzien has had all year to get up to speed and has been getting reps for over a month now. I'd have been giving him reps all week.

-Sherrod won't be lining up at RT, but if Aaron can't move in the pocket, we could see a similar result. Look for Aaron to take his painkiller injection (if need be) BEFORE the game this week, not at the half. He needs to be able to evade the pass rush and step into his throws. As I said above, this defense has the speed to close quickly on the ball.

-I would also plan on jamming Lacy down their throats. This will be extra important today as it looks like there will be wind.

-I'd have DuJuan active if possible, or possibly use Cobb in the backfield for screens and traps to slow down that speedy, aggressive Dline. I'd also have been practicing these plays, so Aaron doesn't throw INTs into the breadbaskets of Bruce Ivins and Cliff Avril.

-If Sherman stays on one side of the field, I put Cobb over there all day. No way in hell Sherman can change direction with Cobb. Run picks out of bunch formations if Sherman tries to jam him.

-On defense, go for the INTs, if it's windy out there.

-Go for the strip against Wilson. He has a propensity to but the ball on the ground.

-Stop Lynch but focus on Wilson's running. Try to minimize the QB rating as the key to winning. This game will be an excellent test of that theory.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I APPLAUDED you after reading your first line. After that, it was about 60/40 or so positive - with a few DUHs in there.

Wilson runs like a coward - and I say that in the nicest possible way. He knows how to slide and avoid contact better than just about anybody else. Good luck with that "go for the strip" idea. I want to see us handle him the way Ohio State did Mariota - surround him/don't let him escape the pocket.

I've been saying all week, DON'T overdo the run game. Seattle is geared to stop that. Pass 'em crazy, then use Lacy as a change of pace. Our O Line just isn't good enough to go toe to toe and open holes. It also isn't good enough to sustain a pocket, so Aaron better be ready to do have his usual mobility to some extent anyway, that and hit short quick passes.

I hope you're right about Sherman not being able to stay with Cobb, but I really don't think he is that vulnerable. If he was, he'd have been exposed a long time ago - Cobb ain't that unique.

I see this game going more like the "fail Mary" game - which we coulda woulda shoulda won if not for that one bad play.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
nerdmann
9 years ago
-If Kam Chancellor tries any of that bullshit on ST, roll Flynn out to his backside and hit Richard Rodgers for a TD.

-As much ToP as possible, please.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
Gotta say I prefer these type of posts from you than the "lull" or "shitting themselves" crud, lol.

You begin your strategy by addressing the backup quarterback position and that I think is a mistake. You don't devise a Plan A strategy by worrying about Plan B first. And your assessment is off target. Yes, Scott Tolzien has a stronger arm, however, he is not the leader Matt Flynn is, nor does he have the offense understood as well as Flynn. Flynn is the rightful backup.

Derek Sherrod absence is addition by subtraction. I think I mentioned that too a few days ago.

DuJuan Harris should not be activated. He adds nothing that they don't already have and the spot is needed for special teams.

Eddie Lacy heavy dosage, for sure. I think we ask for that every game, right?

Those were kind of obvious things there.

The point about putting Randall Cobb on Richard Sherman (who always stays on that side) is a great idea. Cobb has to be me more agile than Sherman. I liked that strategy suggestion the mostest.

You also touched on Russell Wilson having 12 fumbles and none lost. The Packers will have to have their head on a swivel and FALL ON THE BALL. Don't try running with it, just fall on the damn thing.

Julius Peppers is celebrating a birthday today and is also one of the playoff captains. You don't think he'll be in going berserk today?

-If Kam Chancellor tries any of that bullshit on ST, roll Flynn out to his backside and hit Richard Rodgers for a TD.

-As much ToP as possible, please.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Flynn isn't the holder, but earlier in the week it was said he should be for that purpose.
UserPostedImage
Gilligan
9 years ago

Wilson runs like a coward - and I say that in the nicest possible way. He knows how to slide and avoid contact better than just about anybody else.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Ya, right. 🙄

Tell that to the Cardinals and Cromartie, or the Eagles in early December.

I am chosen by many but taken by no one.
DarkaneRules
9 years ago
Russell was also fantastic at Wisconsin. That is when I became a fan of his. He turned a good team into a contender. He runs almost as well as Kap but plays with much better pocket awareness and accuracy. He is probably my 2nd favorite QB after Aaron.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
TheKanataThrilla
9 years ago

Russell was also fantastic at Wisconsin. That is when I became a fan of his. He turned a good team into a contender. He runs almost as well as Kap but plays with much better pocket awareness and accuracy. He is probably my 2nd favorite QB after Aaron.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

I'm hoping to see my 2nd favourite QB in the SuperBowl. Go Colts!!!

texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

I did NOT mean it as an insult to say Wilson runs like a coward. He just has a knack for getting down before getting hit, thereby staying healthy and frustrating the D.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

18h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

19h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

19h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

20h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

20h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.