PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

We don't even know what the team will look like next year at this point. They could load up on defense and end up with a top 10 unit for all we know. This team without Cobb but with a top 10 defense most certainly has a legit shot at a Superbowl. We don't know what Adams is going to be next year, he certainly looked as good as any of our other WRs did as rookies. Like I said your opinion does not = fact.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

If you want fact. WTF are you doing on a discussion board?
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
steveishere
9 years ago

If you want fact. WTF are you doing on a discussion board?

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I want discussion. When people roll up spouting their opinions as absolute facts that does not create a good discussion, it's simply irritating and not necessary. If it hurts your ego that much to just let your opinion be what it is then maybe you are the one who shouldn't be here.
PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

I want discussion. When people roll up spouting their opinions as absolute facts that does not create a good discussion, it's simply irritating and not necessary. If it hurts your ego that much to just let your opinion be what it is then maybe you are the one who shouldn't be here.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Based on this reply

Except that isn't a fact it's just your opinion which is no more valid than anyone elses so quit acting like it is.

I would appear you don't want to have discussion. Nowhere did I portray that what I stated was anything other than my opinion. If you disagreed, and wanting a discussion, you would have replied with something of substance.

It is pretty much accepted, that what people post are opinion. Do we have to start every post with In My Opinion now?
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
steveishere
9 years ago

Based on this reply

I would appear you don't want to have discussion. Nowhere did I portray that what I stated was anything other than my opinion. If you disagreed, and wanting a discussion, you would have replied with something of substance.

It is pretty much accepted, that what people post are opinion. Do we have to start every post with In My Opinion now?

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I did reply with substance lol all I got in reply was a "WTF are you doing here" for daring to challenge the fact that the team has no chance to win a superbowl without Cobb.
nerdmann
9 years ago

At 9 m a year I vote we let him walk, he is most effective used in the slot(without looking through the numbers, that is my feel from watching the games), and noone should pay 9m a year for a slot receiver.

Another reason to let him walk is that the money is better used elsewhere on the roster, WR talent can replineshed through the draft even though I bet the packers think it is a year too early to trust Davante Adams enough. Aaron, Jordy and Lacy allows us to say no thank you to 9m a year, and spend the money on the keeping the O-line together and prepare the cap for other upcoming free agents.
If Aaron can't keep the Offense competetive with Jordy, Lacy and a decent O-line, then he is no MVP and not worth the money he is getting.

Originally Posted by: lolleren 

Give him 9 a year and in two years of the four year deal it will look like a bargain.

That is Ted's M.O.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
TheKanataThrilla
9 years ago
This is one of those cases where I wouldn't mind a longer term deal as Cobb is so young. How about $9M per over a 6 year deal?

I agree with Nerd's comment that in a few years this could look like a bargain contract.

Would you consider using the franchise tag on him and see how year 2 pans out for Adams, Abby and Janis?
sschind
9 years ago

This is one of those cases where I wouldn't mind a longer term deal as Cobb is so young. How about $9M per over a 6 year deal?

I agree with Nerd's comment that in a few years this could look like a bargain contract.

Would you consider using the franchise tag on him and see how year 2 pans out for Adams, Abby and Janis?

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

If I'm Cobb I don't go more than 5 years. The last year of a 6 year deal could put him at risk of being a cap casualty (those last years are ususaly to hang a big salary number up to make the contract look bigger than it really is) If he goes for 5 I think he is still under that magic age of 30 when he comes up again.

As far as franchising him no way. If it looks like its going to come to that throw another 4 million on the deal and sign him. It will cost almost that much anyway.

I just love how so many people (not you based on this post) think that you can plug any old guy into his spot and come away with a stud just because A) Ted drafted him and 😎 Aaron is throwing to him.

1) This team should be pretty good next year.
2) It will be better with Cobb than without him.
3) He is not looking to break the bank.
4) The Packers have the cap space to sign him without risking losing everyone else (ie. could still resign Bulaga)
5) He is young.
6) He is a great talent.

Put these together and it tells me signing him for 9 million a year is a no brainer. I'd even be willing to go a bit more even if he "isn't worth it"

9 years ago
He is worth every penny at 9 million a year. It looks like the packers will be facing Seattle quite often for all the marbles. Cobb is needed in these situations. The pats showed that if you attack the middle you can move the ball against that defense.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
9 years ago

He is worth every penny at 9 million a year. It looks like the packers will be facing Seattle quite often for all the marbles. Cobb is needed in these situations. The pats showed that if you attack the middle you can move the ball against that defense.

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 

Which is why I think we should also consider a draft or FA improvement of our TE situation. R. Rodgers has shown himself to be pretty decent, but our TE situation was not keeping the other teams defensive coordinators up at night I can assure you.

macbob
9 years ago
At $9M PAY THE MAN, Ted!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.