uffda udfa
9 years ago

Dude quit trying to skin it

You NEVER read the article till yesterday.

You are what I said you were a year ago.

ONE TRICK PONY!

E end the most casual football fan knows pro bowl election has no relevance,
The author clearly stated he was just coming from a different perspective.

Stay with the agenda one trick, as the NFL goes, sooner or later everyone retires or gets fired.

Maybe you will be right in another 5 years.

Until then it Will be entertaining to see how many ways you can come up with to try and maker your mootless point..

Ted Thompson is one of the best.

If he wasn't he would have been ran out of Green Bay years ago.

Can't wait for Ted to make you look the fool during the draft.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

One trick pony? Oh. Right.

How do you explain the 6 year run of Mike Sherman? He had a 57-39 record. Why was he let go? Why? Ted Thompson came in and made it impossible for him to win his final season. If only we had a president who had the balls to do to Ted Thompson what Ted Thompson did to Sherman could we see this organization soar. Nope. Status quo. Let's try to win divisions and see what happens.

I'm right right now...not 5 years from now. You have no foresight. None. Who are our starting ILB's? Our CB's? On a defense that isn't very good to begin with you can't even answer those questions today. Sounds like a recipe for success, again, on D, doesn't it? Just screams success to me. What it tells me is that we can't possibly be worse so winging it like this is acceptable. TT's "master plan"...might have been the funniest thing you've ever said.

Oh, and BTW...I usually will not read articles from sites like "Lombardi Ave.".... what they have to say is usually completely irrelevant but you should know that from your stalkeration of me.

How's the D, Buck? Will or can you answer? Who is responsible, Buck? Will you answer? Nope...if you want to talk one trickers grab some mirror. Insults are your only weapon.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

One trick pony? Oh. Right.

How do you explain the 6 year run of Mike Sherman? He had a 57-39 record. Why was he let go? Why? Ted Thompson came in and made it impossible for him to win his final season. If only we had a president who had the balls to do to Ted Thompson what Ted Thompson did to Sherman could we see this organization soar. Nope. Status quo. Let's try to win divisions and see what happens.

I'm right right now...not 5 years from now. You have no foresight. None. Who are our starting ILB's? Our CB's? On a defense that isn't very good to begin with you can't even answer those questions today. Sounds like a recipe for success, again, on D, doesn't it? Just screams success to me. What it tells me is that we can't possibly be worse so winging it like this is acceptable. TT's "master plan"...might have been the funniest thing you've ever said.

Oh, and BTW...I usually will not read articles from sites like "Lombardi Ave.".... what they have to say is usually completely irrelevant but you should know that from your stalkeration of me.

How's the D, Buck? Will or can you answer? Who is responsible, Buck? Will you answer? Nope...if you want to talk one trickers grab some mirror. Insults are your only weapon.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

If you were a fish,
You would be stuffed and Hangin g on my trophy wall right now!

HOOK,LINE AND SINKER!

😄😄😄😄😄😄

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DakotaT
9 years ago
I hate to interrupt all this sexual tensions between Uffda and Uncle Buck; but until Ted Thompson actually builds a defense, we're still the same team as the Sherman Packers, that went on one hell of a run in 2010.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
Ted Thompson doesn't coach the defense, that is Dom Capers. Now that you know this, perhaps you can focus back on Ted Thompson as the subject of this topic.

Thompson routinely is getting talented players, but if the coaching staff is failing to coach them up, that is not on Thompson as much as it is the coaching staff.

There is a reason why other teams have been plucking people whom worked under Thompson after all. Some of you should really put some common sense thought into that fact.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Ted Thompson doesn't coach the defense, that is Dom Capers. Now that you know this, perhaps you can focus back on Ted Thompson as the subject of this topic.

Thompson routinely is getting talented players, but if the coaching staff is failing to coach them up, that is not on Thompson as much as it is the coaching staff.

There is a reason why other teams have been plucking people whom worked under Thompson after all. Some of you should really put some common sense thought into that fact.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I did like Dakota's sexual tension reference...as you can clearly see, Buck wants to "mount me".

Z...the charge that it's Dom's fault the D isn't good has been addressed again and again in my posts on this subject.

Again, it's clear that Ted Thompson is fine with the direction of the team, including the D...that was proven when he extended MM. If Ted Thompson was unhappy with the direction of this team, he could've cut bait on MM...he chose to extend which is an indictment on Ted Thompson for believing things are just fine when we all know they aren't.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DakotaT
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I didn't say Ted Thompson coaches the defense, I said he needs to build a defense. And that means providing the correct players for Dom's 3-4. That means you don't draft 4-3 defensive ends to play OLB, or draft defensive tackles to play DE.

But thanks just the same for the snarky comment. You know I just thrive on that stuff.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
9 years ago

I did like Dakota's sexual tension reference...as you can clearly see, Buck wants to "mount me".

Z...the charge that it's Dom's fault the D isn't good has been addressed again and again in my posts on this subject.

Again, it's clear that Ted Thompson is fine with the direction of the team, including the D...that was proven when he extended MM. If Ted Thompson was unhappy with the direction of this team, he could've cut bait on MM...he chose to extend which is an indictment on Ted Thompson for believing things are just fine when we all know they aren't.

I think Ted Thompson is a good General Manager, as do the majority of folks around the league, but I've wanted Dom Capers gone for several years now. He isn't a horrible coach, but he definitely isn't a great coach. He's average, at best. How much talent does the guy need to field an above average defense? He has had enough talent for an above average defense at least, perhaps not much more than that.

I'm also not sure what took so long to get rid of Slocum. I wish there was more prompt accountability.
greengold
9 years ago

Two weeks ago you were "rejoicing" that Williams and Hawk (and Jones) were gone. Now it's the end of the world that 2 starters are gone from a "HORRIBLE, so horrible" defense? A 32 year old CB and a 31 year old ILB...

Last I checked there weren't any games on the schedule for almost 6 months. Also pretty sure that the roster goes up to 90 players and back down to 53 between now and then. But I'll give it a shot.

CB: Shields and Hayward (or someone else.)
ILB: Barrington and someone else.

Also, if Shields or Barrington get hurt, someone else will start in their place. And the defense will be better or worse than it was last year. And it will be Ted Thompson 's fault.

uffda udfa
9 years ago

Two weeks ago you were "rejoicing" that Williams and Hawk (and Jones) were gone. Now it's the end of the world that 2 starters are gone from a "HORRIBLE, so horrible" defense? A 32 year old CB and a 31 year old ILB...

Last I checked there weren't any games on the schedule for almost 6 months. Also pretty sure that the roster goes up to 90 players and back down to 53 between now and then. But I'll give it a shot.

CB: Shields and Hayward (or someone else.)
ILB: Barrington and someone else.

Also, if Shields or Barrington get hurt, someone else will start in their place. And the defense will be better or worse than it was last year. And it will be Ted Thompson 's fault.

Originally Posted by: greengold 

I'm still rejoicing. Usually, when you waive players who have been starters you have another guy ready to go in his place. Do we? I don't think so. As I said, previously, this approach has been taken because there is "nothing to lose"...we can't be any worse with the players we'll trot out in replacement especially in Hawk's case.

We know Ted Thompson isn't signing a FA... so, what does that mean? Yup. Gulp. Here we go again heading into a season with no clue who is going to play some key positions for us. Let's just throw a draft choice out there or a UDFA or a guy from the IFL. That'll do.

Yes, it will be TT's fault. Who else's? The credit never seems to stop for what exactly I don't know. Winning division championships with one of the greatest QB's of all time? Wow.

UserPostedImage

greengold
9 years ago
On THIS planet there isn't a single team that wins the Superbowl every year.

Patriots, Seahawks, Packers have approximately the same odds of winning it this coming year. 10-20% is the best chance any team has to do it. That means there is an 80-90% chance they WON'T win the superbowl.

So anyone can troll any fan forum with [fill in the (____) as applicable]

"(Belichick) SUCKS! (Tom Brady) is the BEST (QB) to ever play the position! Yet only ONE superbowl championship in the last (ten) years! Wow, just wow. I guess we are supposed to be happy with division championships. It's already April 3 and we don't know who our starting (CB) is yet. He let (Revis) go and doesn't have another starter in place already. Wait and see, this will be another year of make the playoffs and see what happens. Another wasted year. You koolaid drinking morons just can't see it."

It doesn't have to make any sense. The beauty of it is there is at least an 80-90% chance you will be "proven" right at the end of the year. "Yet another year without a superbowl win. See, that (Belichick) really does suck. He should fire his head coach." :cussing:

Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4h) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (12h) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (12h) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (17h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (17h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (18h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
35m / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

44m / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.