Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Uffda, I hereby invite you, as a prolific writer, albeit mostly wrongheaded in sports, to join the world of political posting. If you are a leftist - as I suspect even though you have yet to express it, Dakota could use some help - pathetic as he is, he is the only one of his sick kind with the balls to even try hahahahaha. If you have a decent outlook on things, well, I guess there is always room for another right-thinking American.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Perhaps you hate the beach, perhaps you hate sand, perhaps you lack vision, however, I ask you to imagine yourself building a sand castle. You've put hour upon hour building this sandcastle. You gaze upon it with pride as your vision is becoming reality. Then in the matter of seconds some punk comes walking through your sandcastle, destroying it before disappointed sad eyes.

That is the most simplistic way I can explain how you made me feel with this inconsiderate attempt to get people talking about politics on our Green Bay Packers website of all things. How dare you! If you (and others) cannot respect that politics is something merely tolerated here and nothing more, politics will be abolished altogether.

Let us urge football discussions and if someone joins in an existing non football topic, so be it.

UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

Perhaps you hate the beach, perhaps you hate sand, perhaps you lack vision, however, I ask you to imagine yourself building a sand castle. You've put hour upon hour building this sandcastle. You gaze upon it with pride as your vision is becoming reality. Then in the matter of seconds some punk comes walking through your sandcastle, destroying it before disappointed sad eyes.

That is the most simplistic way I can explain how you made me feel with this inconsiderate attempt to get people talking about politics on our Green Bay Packers website of all things. How dare you! If you (and others) cannot respect that politics is something merely tolerated here and nothing more, politics will be abolished altogether.

Let us urge football discussions and if someone joins in an existing non football topic, so be it.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Sorry hahahahaha.

However, politics is life and death. I urge you to check out the movie "Sum of All Fears". It wouldn't take a helluva of a lot for the damn terrorists to DESTROY the NFL - make that ALL sports with a few terrorist events. Politics above all else, at least to me, is America staying on top and preventing that crap from happening.

I see no reason - particularly since you have segregated things into a "Random Babble" and a "Back Alley" why there can't be plenty of both kinds of discussion - football and politics.

This somehow brings to mind what the drill sergeant makes you march around and say in basic training if you refer to your rifle as your gun: "This one's for fighting; This one's for fun."
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Sorry hahahahaha.

However, politics is life and death. I urge you to check out the movie "Sum of All Fears". It wouldn't take a helluva of a lot for the damn terrorists to DESTROY the NFL - make that ALL sports with a few terrorist events. Politics above all else, at least to me, is America staying on top and preventing that crap from happening.

I see no reason - particularly since you have segregated things into a "Random Babble" and a "Back Alley" why there can't be plenty of both kinds of discussion - football and politics.

This somehow brings to mind what the drill sergeant makes you march around and say in basic training if you refer to your rifle as your gun: "This one's for fighting; This one's for fun."

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

I didn't say Politics were not important. This is a Green Bay Packers website first and foremost. Do not try to argue this or debate this because you will not win and you will find yourself on a vacation from the website. End of discussion.

The topic about apologizing for being you is something I feel could be interesting to get others views on. We are back on that now. 😎

UserPostedImage
Gilligan
9 years ago
There is a difference between apologizing for who you are versus what you say or do.

Admissions of wrong doing are incredibly threatening for non-apologists because they have trouble separating their actions from their character.
Apologizing for an mistake or misdeed on your part, reflects of attitude of responsibility and accountability.
It means you acknowledge that your actions either intentional or accidental have had a negative impact on others.

Many who never apologize have deep-rooted feelings of insecurity or low self-worth. They cover up those conditions with the perceived strength of never apologizing.
When in truth, it is actually a weakness.
To these individuals, being perceived as right is more important than being truthful, mature, or accountable.

Apologize for who you are?
No
Apologize for doing or saying something wrong?
Yes
I am chosen by many but taken by no one.
Pack93z
9 years ago
Since when is there no separation between your makeup and beliefs verses how you conduct yourself?

You can be yourself, hold firm to your convictions, but still be able to at the very least try to project your thoughts with some basic decorum to others in the space.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Since when is there no separation between your makeup and beliefs verses how you conduct yourself?

You can be yourself, hold firm to your convictions, but still be able to at the very least try to project your thoughts with some basic decorum to others in the space.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I see this website in a very similar fashion as I do a movie. It's entertainment for me. Perhaps, it's taken on something larger for you, I couldn't say. I've said in the past that discussing Packers football is really no different to me than a Trekkie discussing Star Trek or Walking Dead fans discussing that show. There are paid "actors" in both scenarios one is more of a documentary styled film that being the NFL.

When I look and see people tickling each others ears it grates on me for some reason. I don't like it much like I don't like traffic for a similar reason. When I read something and I'm just baffled by it, I choose to respond because I truly believe the thinking is "out there". Of course, I become the problem for saying there's a problem with your thinking. That is a truth of life and one of my favorite quotes: If you say there's a problem you end up becoming the problem. Should this site be filled with "good natured" posters who all like tickling each other? Is that what you really come here for? To feel good about a game you watch on TV? I come here to honestly and objectively as I can debate and reason regarding something I find entertaining. My beliefs make me a problem for many of you. Few are able to separate my views from "me".

How many of you truly know each other here? I'll clue you in, thinking you can know someone virtually is next to impossible. It is said...Do we ever really know anyone? That is said of people you may actually see in person on a daily basis for a long period of time. Do I think that's going to happen here on this site? Nope. Nobody cares a single thing about me as a human being. I happen to care deeply about people. I just happen to think that here is a place of entertainment. I am not looking for friendship or familiarity when I post here. I'm looking to discuss something I see as entertainment. It is not my wish or goal to offend anyone nor do I personally dislike anyone here. I know none of you and basing my opinion of you as a human being by what or how you post about a freaking game on your television doesn't seem like a very wise way to be assessing anyone.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
9 years ago
I'm one of those who thinks this place is more than just a place of entertainment, more than just another internet place where people with a common interest (here, Packer football).

I don't know why. I'm not going to go into an extended discussion now, simply because I'm too tired and worn out from usual shit in the non-virtual world I live and work in. But I do think this place is a real community.

Of course like all communities, real or virtual, not everyone sees or needs to see it that way. But I do think that it is the kind of community that Tocqueville said made America different and that was the real source of its greatness, the kind of community made up of over-lapping and intertwined associations, the kind of community where passions sometimes get out of hand and where sometimes everything seems ennui, the kind of community where people share the traumas and their successes of their lives, and where they spend a lot of time bitching about and gossiping with and getting pissed off at their neighbors. The kind of community where people keep grudges for months or years, and the kind of community where newcomers can find they don't have to "fit" with everyone.

It doesn't bother me that uffda sees it as only a place of entertainment. I've never been in a community where I want to be close to everyone, and I've been in one where I want everyone to approach me on everything.

And, despite getting pissed off and frustrated and annoyed regularly by various assholes people here, this is my favorite community online OR offline. And I know that some will find this last sad. But I don't.

Because the people here are real. And that makes it real.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
uffda udfa
9 years ago

I'm one of those who thinks this place is more than just a place of entertainment, more than just another internet place where people with a common interest (here, Packer football).

I don't know why. I'm not going to go into an extended discussion now, simply because I'm too tired and worn out from usual shit in the non-virtual world I live and work in. But I do think this place is a real community.

Of course like all communities, real or virtual, not everyone sees or needs to see it that way. But I do think that it is the kind of community that Tocqueville said made America different and that was the real source of its greatness, the kind of community made up of over-lapping and intertwined associations, the kind of community where passions sometimes get out of hand and where sometimes everything seems ennui, the kind of community where people share the traumas and their successes of their lives, and where they spend a lot of time bitching about and gossiping with and getting pissed off at their neighbors. The kind of community where people keep grudges for months or years, and the kind of community where newcomers can find they don't have to "fit" with everyone.

It doesn't bother me that uffda sees it as only a place of entertainment. I've never been in a community where I want to be close to everyone, and I've been in one where I want everyone to approach me on everything.

And, despite getting pissed off and frustrated and annoyed regularly by various assholes people here, this is my favorite community online OR offline. And I know that some will find this last sad. But I don't.

Because the people here are real. And that makes it real.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

I guess I'm a just passing through type, here...and you have made it home. Kick the vagrants out! 🤣

When the season starts, I don't plan on posting at all. It's the draft and TC/Pre-season for me... those are the down times where the distraction of a guy like me is better tolerated. I don't wish to be one in season this year.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DakotaT
  • DakotaT
  • Select Member Topic Starter
9 years ago
As for this community of people, I feel like Wade does - just don't need to write an article about it.

I do have a question though, how is it I miraculously start all these topics off tangents?

*** offensive dialog removed by zero ***
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

I do have a question though, how is it I miraculously start all these topics off tangents?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Again, I am the only one who has the ability to split posts into topics and this is done when it is felt that a post is so off topic while meriting it's own discussion. This is not new, this is not difficult to understand and this has happened for years. I hope this clears that confusion.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (6h) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (10h) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (19h) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (23h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (23h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.