Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
Ok, here's the idea.

Most of us have one or more complaints about what the [strike]politicians[/strike] idiots do. Oh, we might disagree about which are the greater idiots, but all in all, we can all find things that the government "of the people, by the people, and for the people" has screwed up or with.

So, thinking of all of your ideas to "make things better," which one would be *most* likely to make you unelectable to you fellow citizens regardless of how much money or TV time you had?

I'm thinking here of the one thing that you would do if election to higher office made it possible to be a "benevolent dictator" and do it immediately after your election without any fuss or debate. Something you could do as a matter of "instantly approved constitutional amendment" that couldn't be changed without another constitutional amendment.

I have several, but since education has been more in the news these days, and since its the one area where I may have some "inside insight" into how the system works (or as said insider, should be completely disregarded), I'll go with my education [strike]reform[/strike] revolution idea. It would be something like the following (forgive me for the legalese tone; I got carried away as I thought about this):

The "Wade Education Amendment":
Article I:
1. All current government spending on education shall be cancelled and all future spending on education, other than that described in Articles II, III, and IV below, banned.
2. This ban shall extend to any and all forms of spending on educational matters at any levels of government.
Article II:
1. The employment of all "education employees" (including teachers, aides, staff, administration, state, local, and federal government bureaucrats, consultants, and anyone else who purports to be involved in education of any kind whatsover) shall be immediately terminated without regard to seniority, tenured status, or any other characteristic.
2. Small local government entities (defined as those government entities with police power over no more than 25,000 individuals within an area of no more than 400 square miles) may rehire employees charged with the education of those between the age of 5 and 12, but may not tax any person who does not live, work, or own property within said area to pay for said employees or their educational activities.
Article III:
1. All compulsory education for people under the age of five or over the age of 12 is immediately and forever abolished.
2. All current government agencies, departments, bureaus, offices, committees, loan agencies, grant programs, task forces, study groups, or organizations related to education or educational activity are immediately and forever de-funded and abolished.
3. Small local government entities (defined as in Article II, section 2) may hire teachers to teach those of its residents between the ages of 5 and 12. Said local government entity may also form a department with no more than five non-teaching employees to supervise the provision of education to its residents between the ages of 5 and 12.
4. Funding for teachers or non-teaching employees hired under section 3 must be funded by monies collected from residents, non-resident employees, and property owners in the local government's area.
Article IV:
1. Each state government may, if it deems such appropriate, make an annual non-refundable lump-sum payment to each minor child between the ages of 13 and 22, said payment to be paid on the first of the year to a savings account in the name of the child, with the child's parent(s) or legal guardian as trustee of such account until the date of the student's majority.
2. Any payment to a child under section 1 of this Article other than the initial payment shall be contingent upon the trustee for that child's account providing evidence that all prior year grants either remain in said account or have spent for educational purposes.
3. Each state government may choose any amount of the lump-sum payment, provided that said amount shall not exceed $25,000 per year, and provided that the amount determined is distributed to all residents of the state between the ages of 13 and 22, and distributed upon no conditions other than that of section 2 of this Article.
4. The federal government or other states may by statute supplement the payments made by a state to its residents, provided that the total amount received from all government sources does not exceed $25,000 and provided that said federal government or other state imposes no conditions other than those provided here.
5. The maximum total amount provided to a resident from all sources may not be increased or decreased per year by more than 3% or the annual change in the Wholesale Price Index, whichever is smaller.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
djcubez
13 years ago
I'd most likely decriminalize, tax and setup regulations for responsible marijuana use. This would probably only make me popular in a niche crowd :P

According to the 2005 United Nations World Drug Report, the total value of worlds marijuana market is $141.80 Billion.

158.8 million people use marijuana around the world.

Source 

Replacing marijuana prohibition with a system of taxation and regulation similar to that used for alcoholic beverages would produce combined savings and tax revenues of between $10 billion and $14 billion per year, finds a June 2005 report by Dr. Jeffrey Miron, visiting professor of economics at Harvard University.

Source 

Tap into it! It might not make America better but it'd make it more fun!
dhazer
13 years ago
I actually did a speech a few years ago in college and it was why vote me for president.

I think I would do an awesome job but I would never make it because the rich people wouldn't like it.

I showed how bringing home the troops would save so much money in this country. We were spending over a million dollars and day or something like that.

Also I would take out 250 million dollars and go thru this country and deport every single illegal. The governor of I believe arkansas did a study and it would cost him $5 million to do his state, sure that sounds like a lot but he also showed that the illegals are costing the state over $12 million a year, so that would be a small price to pay.

I would stop giving the big companies tax breaks and start giving the working class people the breaks because they are the ones that make this country.

BTW I got a perfect score on my speech and that same day Bill Clinton was across the street giving a lecture so I went across the street and started introducing myself to the people waiting in line and I actually got 7 votes at the polls for president :D

Oh to have a working class president would be so nice, but that is only in a fantasy world.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
13 years ago
A "working class" president wouldn't last a week. They would have him assassinated.
I have had MANY wonderful teachers in my school years.....but also many that were not worth squat. They couldn't be fired because of the famous "tenure". That never made sense to me.
I had one teacher that slept through 90% of all his classes. Another one that smelled so strong of booze (EVERY day) that you could smell him from 6 feet away. One who abused me verbally every chance she could because of the 'religion" i was in at the time. And when you are 12 years old, you do what your parents tell you too, not what an abusive teacher says.
All these teachers had put their needed "time" in, and couldn't be touched.
As i also said, i had some that to this day, i cherish. But the bad ones should never have been there. They should have been canned. That would allow jobs to teachers that WANT to really teach kids. A better work environment all around.
When i read stories from Montana Bob, i can only wish that i could have had him as a teacher. You can tell HE has the correct attitude. We need more like HIM.
UserPostedImage
Since69
13 years ago

I'd most likely decriminalize, tax and setup regulations for responsible marijuana use. This would probably only make me popular in a niche crowd :P

"djcubez" wrote:

That would be an awfully big niche!

This would be my "if I was president for a day" wish, too. Imagine if America could take all the money, man-hours, prison space and courtroom time we now devote to the prosecution of marijuana-related "crimes" and devoted it to eradicating the drugs (like crack and heroin) and drug cultures that are doing real damage to this country...

And leave Ecstasy alone, too. Goddamn ridiculous BS.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Heck, I'd legalize everything but meth. I hate tweekers.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
DakotaT
13 years ago
Awe a topic we can agree on Zombie. Enjoying the herb along with frequenting strip clubs was a marriage promise I made to that killjoy I call a wife.

Imagine paying $100 for a pack of filterless cigarette shaped joints. $60 for the product and $40 directly to paying off the national debt.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (6h) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (11h) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (19h) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.