DakotaT
8 years ago

We're down Finley... when we lose a stud we always seem to go with the duct tape vs. the equivalent approach. Man, I've never hoped I was more wrong on a player than Richard Rodgers. He's our only hope.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Why couldn't we have plucked Jimmy Graham from the Saints instead of Seattle? We would have been absolutely stacked, and we could have absorbed his contract to boot.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
8 years ago

1st in scoring, 11th in red zone efficiency. Sure, they could have been/could be better, but no weapons? Nightmarish? People would take you more seriously if you didn't post such ridiculous hyperbole.

When the range of improvement runs from scoring the most points in the league to the most points ever scored in history, the only thing that comes to mind is: first world problems.

The Raiders, Bears, Falcons, Saints, and Giants were all top #10 in RZE. All had losing records.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

Don't get sucked in.
Let me gives you the quick version.

Ted THOMPSON SUCKS.
Ted Thompson didn't sacrifice the future by signing. Jimmy Graham.

The Packers will never win again until Ted Thompson is gone.

There that will save you 5 pages of throwing facts at Uffda, thinking you can convince him The Packers are really pretty good.

I read the article, I agreed with what it said.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
nyrpack
8 years ago
lots of peeps need to take a chill pill, we go through this every year !!
jimmy b.
Porforis
8 years ago
Can we just win the super bowl already so we can all chill out? 🙂
DakotaT
8 years ago
What I get upset about with some of the posters in this forum is exactly what is going on right now. We do not have a number 1 elite receiver, and haven't had that since Sterling Sharpe. Our tight ends SUCK. A few of us point these things out and get ridiculed for it. Wouldn't this red zone efficiency be better if we had a player that could catch the jump balls? Wouldn't that open things up for everybody else, and make us a more potent offense? A discussion on this isn't even warranted, because we got hot in 2010 and won a super bowl? Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are water walkers?
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
8 years ago
Those were hard fought games when we won the championship and we were 3 bad minutes away from the super bowl last year. We'll know who this team is by the end of the year. For now, relax eh?
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
uffda udfa
8 years ago

What I get upset about with some of the posters in this forum is exactly what is going on right now. We do not have a number 1 elite receiver, and haven't had that since Sterling Sharpe. Our tight ends SUCK. A few of us point these things out and get ridiculed for it. Wouldn't this red zone efficiency be better if we had a player that could catch the jump balls? Wouldn't that open things up for everybody else, and make us a more potent offense? A discussion on this isn't even warranted, because we got hot in 2010 and won a super bowl? Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are water walkers?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

It'll never change, D. It's the truth. However, as my new favorite quote for this forum goes: Good is the enemy of great-Voltaire. Read through this forum and good is being celebrated as if it's great or even worse "good enough" which it isn't and hasn't been and probably won't be. Yet, there will be happiness and praising of just how good we have it around here losing in the playoffs every year. Then, we'll hear things like...the Browns would love to be us or some nonsense.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DakotaT
8 years ago

It'll never change, D. It's the truth. However, as my new favorite quote for this forum goes: Good is the enemy of great-Voltaire. Read through this forum and good is being celebrated as if it's great or even worse "good enough" which it isn't and hasn't been and probably won't be. Yet, there will be happiness and praising of just how good we have it around here losing in the playoffs every year. Then, we'll hear things like...the Browns would love to be us or some nonsense.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I just want the Packers to win multiple super bowls with their most recent elite quarterback. I felt cheated as a fan to watch Favre and Ahman Green in their prime, along with an incredible offensive line, and not even sniff the NFC championship game after 1997. What a waste.

This offseason, the tight end position should have been addressed and it wasn't. We are also rolling the dice on a bunch of really young secondary players. Nothing to do now but wait and see how it all shakes out. The people penciling us in for the super bowl right now, do not seem to realize just how quickly a supposed loaded team can have their weaknesses exposed. A team with a pass rush and good defensive backs can shut this offense down. We've seen it over and over in the playoffs.
UserPostedImage
musccy
8 years ago

This offseason, the tight end position should have been addressed and it wasn't. We are also rolling the dice on a bunch of really young secondary players. Nothing to do now but wait and see how it all shakes out. The people penciling us in for the super bowl right now, do not seem to realize just how quickly a supposed loaded team can have their weaknesses exposed.

I'd genuinely love a good, hell a HOF TE on the roster too, but instead of bitching about it how do you propose the Packers could have addressed this?

Draft? Fine...which of the draft picks aren't on the Packers roster this year in favor of...

Jimmy G? Fine...he cost an All Pro and a first. What All Pro on the roster are you giving up?

Some other FA...ok, who?

I'm not against your/uffda's idea here, but there's no point in finger pointing sans viable solutions.
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago

oooooh - the truth comes out: the alter ego of uffda udfa is not me, but ....... drumroll ........ Dakota!

Seriously, where do they get off saying "POPULAR belief the Packer sky is falling"? No way anybody in his right mind thought that before, much less after beating a team like New England - make that dominating them.

Regarding Nerd's "self-shitting" fetish and more precisely the claim they "played not to lose", how can you make that claim when we go for it all those times on 4th down and twice for 2 point conversions?

Regarding the post quoted here, no, we didn't need to spend big or draft high to upgrade TE. It just ain't that important a position in the Packers offense. And we have plenty of excellence now at WR. The Red Zone problem was the O Line - and hopefully this is easy to adjust and fix. They allowed a heavy pass rush with so few Patriot players involved that New England was able to really load up the secondary. There was a traffic jam in the endzone.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (10h) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (14h) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (14h) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
3h / Random Babble / Novalee

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.