Megatron
15 years ago
More.... 

01/27/2009
SHHH..HERE'S WHAT WE'RE HEARING
Talk about awful luck. An agent estimated that the two knee injuries suffered by Mark Tauscher - the first in 2002 and the second last December - probably cost the veteran $20 million..... Speaking of right tackles, the coaches would like to see Breno Giacomini add at least 10 pounds between now and the start of training camp. The former Louisville star weighed under 310 as a rookie. While Giacomini figures to take snaps with the No. 1s when workouts begin in March, one scout told us that he isnt close to being ready to start in the NFL..... Dont be surprised if Green Bay listens to offers for Scott Wells at some point prior to the start of next season. The coaches see Jason Spitz as a natural center and rookie Brennen Carvalho showed some potential while a member of the practice squad......

from packer update wrote:

Megatron.. I clipped some of the article and added a link to the rest.. the site owner has a disclaimer.. "Copyright 2009. Do not repost articles."

In past talkings with them, they didn't mind part of the article being posted and a link back to the rest.. so that is what I did. ~Pack93z

blank
digsthepack
15 years ago
Geez....passion!! Go figure.......
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
Pack93z
15 years ago
I hope the Greene sees someone doggin it, don't care whom it is, grabs him by the scruff of the neck and headbutts him into next week sometime around the first preseason game of the season.. set a freaking attitude the it will not be the way we play ball in Green Bay.

I hope Bishop comes to camp with a awful bag of pissoffness in his pocket and starts to drill every single moving human in sight.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
beast
15 years ago
I wouldn't mind seeing more of Spitz at C. I think that's he's best spot as long as he stops fumbling the snap.

Also I think Colledge will be the starting RT for this season unless Tausher come back or Colledge is needed at LT.

Clifton, Barbre, Spitz, Sitton and Colledge.

I think this lineup goes down in football smarts but would be a LOT better running the ball.
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago
Practice to win. Play to win. Win.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
15 years ago

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Spitz at C. I think that's he's best spot as long as he stops fumbling the snap.

Also I think Colledge will be the starting RT for this season unless Tausher come back or Colledge is needed at LT.

I think this lineup goes down in football smarts but would be a LOT better running the ball.

"beast" wrote:

I like from C to RT. But have serious doubts about the left side. And that definitely is not the area to have doubts about the Oline. A nice 1st round or FA LT would be nice.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
beast
15 years ago

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

I like from C to RT. But have serious doubts about the left side. And that definitely is not the area to have doubts about the Oline. A nice 1st round or FA LT would be nice.

"beast" wrote:

Well, I was thinking about the current roster. I think Barbre would do alright... I think what he needs is to be throw into live game action more to learn. Clifton...... how knows.... I think it depends on how his body and mind hold up.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
15 years ago
I think we can get one more year out of Clifton, but when he faces speed rushers like Allen, he needs tight end help this year. I don't think moving College is wise this year, which means we need to draft a big RT that can start day 1.

Next year is when you move College, but his move is to LT, and hopefully by then, Babre is finally ready to play. We are also making a big assumption that Sitton is ready to rock as well. I always worry about our O-line. If these guys were better, our offense could finally get down to it's most explosive formations.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

The former defensive staff was extremely unemotional, and the players too often performed that same way.

I've been complaining about this for years.
UserPostedImage
digsthepack
15 years ago
Too true, Z2C.....too often the defense played like a bunch of buttoned down businessmen in uniforms.

I think one thing is clear......we are cultivating the "Wayne Simmons/Mike Douglass/Chuck Cecil" mentality that this defense has sorely lacked since Fritz.

About time!! Hitting others, in a vicious but legal way, can feel SO good!

LOVE the Perry and Greene hires....with, of course, Dom, leading the charge.
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (15h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (16h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.