Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Okay, I openly admit I'm a not the brightest when it comes to the economy. But I have to think that if more jobs are being let go, doesn't that mean less money in the economic market? I mean, if less people are making a living and are leaching off taxes (leaching is used loosely and not intended to be insulting) doesn't that make things worse?

I have been under the impression that the more money the public has to spend, the better are economy will be, providing they are spending it. Thus, the whole stimulus package deal last year.

How does cutting thousands of jobs help our economy?
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Zero - You understand it better than you realized. You answered your own question.

We need jobs back in America more than anything else right now.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago
I say instead of bailing out the banks and car dealerships they should give that money to the American people, this would help out this economy better then letting the big wigs fill their pockets.
Heathiee
zombieslayer
15 years ago

I say instead of bailing out the banks and car dealerships they should give that money to the American people, this would help out this economy better then letting the big wigs fill their pockets.

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

:thumbright:

Couldn't agree with you more. I've written numerous emails to my Reps against that stupid bank bailout.

Now, I know a lot of people hate the car bailout, but the bank bailout was 100 times worse and I'll explain briefly. For one, the bank bailout was $700 billion with NO strings attached. The car bailout was $25 billion with plenty of punishment as well as direct orders what they can and cannot do with that money.

With the money from the bank bailout, execs immediately got $1.6 billion from it. Personally, I think some of them should be sent to the meanest prisons in the country. I'm not kidding. They deserve it.

Also, a few companies used that money to buy out other companies. What a load of bull.

Then to make matters worse, the whole reason for the bank bailout in the first place was to stimulate the economy. Well, it hasn't happened. Banks aren't lending. With that $700 billion, less than $40 billion so far was actually lent out to anybody. Some stimulus that was.

They should have let the banks fail and given people who actually paid taxes $700 billion back. Then you'd see the economy kick start.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
vegOmatic
15 years ago
The bank bailout was serious stuff... it could have meant the collapse of everything as we know it. That is not an exaggeration, but they could have been smarter about how it was handled.

The new economic stimulus bill is virtually the government printing money for special interests and redistribution of wealth. Wisconsin Gov. Doyle envisions getting a piece so that he can balance the shortfall currently faced by the state. Never mind the fact that he refuses to cut spending. The stimulus package will also be distributed to groups that "Someone-In-Charge" will designate as "needy." It becomes a legal misuse of power where money will be taken from you and given to those who will support the current administration.

You can argue the same thing about Cheney and Haliburton contracts but it was money used to buy products and services, not pay off political groups to enhance your own power.

As for the economy, there are those who will say the simple thing to do is to cut unneeded government services and reduce taxes so people will have a bigger paycheck. The money will start to flow back into the economy. But we can't do that because it's consider "Trickle Down Economics." Why the hell should the government let you keep your own money? The problem with that is people who have no jobs or make very little money will see little benefit since the difference won't be that great. That's the argument against it but those who spout that rhetoric think those who are more well off should pay the the way for the rest.

Included in the economic stimulus bill will be programs to build some roads and bridges and other infrastructure which will create jobs but it also creates more government and waste. When FDR did as such, it greatly benefited the people who had jobs, but it really did virtually nothing for improving the economy; unemployment rates didn't turn around that much because of government policy or intervention. But we will hear great things about the people who are working and never mind the overall facts of where the rest of the money went because most of it will not be going to create jobs.

Yes, there are people out there hurting right now, but unemployment is running around, I believe 7-8%. During WWII the unemployment rate was 5% and everyone was hiring due to lack of bodies. So, it it really that bad out there overall to where we need to give the government a blank check? The masses will cluck their tongues when big shot execs take their bonuses, but they will look the other way when the government misuses it, especially when it's earmarked for political entities. I have a very big hunch much of the money will go toward labor unions rather than assisting free enterprise.

Obama is God. Shut up and stand behind him, we voted for Change, let's have no more of this partisan bickering. Do not question His authority.

I bet you all love a good rant. ๐Ÿ˜›
blank
Cheesey
15 years ago
So much money is wasted by our government......and they don't have to answer to anyone for it.
We give billions to other countries, while our own country is in debt past it's ears.
What we need to do is stop propping up other countries with OUR money, and fix our OWN country.
If you sat down and really figured out how much of our money goes to taxes......income tax, sales tax, gas tax, it'a amazing any of us can pay our bills unless you are a millionare.
We are taxed to make, spend and save money. It's rediculous.
If we were allowed to keep the money my wife makes, we could own our own home and never be in debt. My wife refuses to even look at her pay stub........she wouldn't go to work if she realized how little she really makes hourly after all the "deductions".
UserPostedImage
Formo
15 years ago
Gold.

Just get gold, soon our money will be worthless. They can't take away the worth of gold. =P

All kidding aside, I really think the banks should have tanked. This will teach microwave mentality Americans to live BELOW their means. Look, I heard 2 years ago that the nation, for the first time since the Great Depression, OWED more than they were making. Why is this? Because of all the lines of credit people take out.

As a guy that paid off his credit debt 4 years ago, I wouldn't be hurt too much by the bank crash. But at least people would learn.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
CDNRodgersfan
15 years ago
I've learnt to stay quiet on this. I've realized the my friends in America don't like hearing our local companies have had record sales this last year. Can't brag to much as it may be a matter of time till it's felt up here
Formo
15 years ago

I've learnt to stay quiet on this. I've realized the my friends in America don't like hearing our local companies have had record sales this last year. Can't brag to much as it may be a matter of time till it's felt up here

"Cdnfavre+Rodgersfan" wrote:

I don't know why some Americans don't like to hear that. It doesn't bother me any.

Just don't take anything like that forgranted.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
shield4life
15 years ago
Zero, are you hiring anyone for PH? ๐Ÿ™‚
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.