QCHuskerFan
8 years ago
What a lot of whining, spoiled losers the Packers have as fans!
The Packers are 10-4. There are only 4 teams in the NFL that have a better record. So roughly 27 teams are worse this year. WTH is your problem?
Packers have a 3-2 record against teams expected to be in the playoffs. Not bad.
I have listened for years while you whiners screamed about wanting a better Defense. Well, we have one. It’s winning games for us. It is the #5 Scoring Defense in the NFL. And you are still whining. But now about the offense. When was the last time a team had a top 5 offense and defense year after year? It doesn’t happen. Rejoice that we have a Top 10 Offense and defense and are in every game.
Of the 12 teams that made the playoffs in 2010, only 2 have been in the playoffs every year since. Patriots and Packers. Pretty damn good record. Remember some of the NFC competition in 2010?
• Bears are on their 3rd coaching staff since 2010. Haven’t sniffed playoffs since.
• Falcons made the playoffs a couple times but are a disaster lately. Started 5-0 this year. Huge collapse. Not likely to make playoffs.
• Eagles have been in the playoffs once since 2010. I consider them to be a soap opera. Possibly making another coaching change this offseason.
• Seahawks- only missed in 2011. Don’t like them, but they are tough. PC is a great coach and their front office is perhaps the best. (TT understudy, right?)
• Saints- made playoffs twice since 2010. But in the bottom half of league for last 3 years. Is Payton gone?
So I get that the Packers are terrible. Worst underachieving coach in the history of coaching. All sports. In the 5000 year history of organized sports. But who is better?
Since 2010, the 49ers became the ‘new’ dynasty. And collapsed faster than they rose to such greatness. Think their fans like their lot better than ours? Cleveland is 3-11. Playoffs have not been discussed in Cleveland in years. How would you like that?
In the last decade, there have been a small handful of teams that were competitive nearly every year. Patriots, Steelers, Broncos, Ravens, Packers. How many teams would love to be in that list?
I understand that many of you think having Aaron Rodgers as QB should insure multiple SBs if the coaches just get out of the way. How many SB trophies do the best modern era QBs ever have? P Manning has one, I believe. Marino has none. Too bad he had such a sucky coach in Shula. Brady has multiple and I respect the Patriots. Favre has, ummmm, 1 correct? Maybe it’s not easy to win a SB. Maybe the expectations are a tad high amongst this group.
I am not claiming Mike McCarthy is the best HC ever. But if you think he’s not in the top 5 in the league right now, you are probably imbibing an illegal substance.
I believe that if Warren Buffett gave most of you 98% of his entire fortune, you would spend all of your time bitching about the other 2%. Relax. Enjoy this ride, because someday it will end. And then we will truly have something to bemoan. Rejoice and appreciate that every Sunday, there is a realistic chance the Packers will win. There are about 20 teams that don’t have that belief.
musccy
8 years ago
Speaking only for myself, I agree with the general sentiments. I'm not all for firing everyone. That's preposterous to suggest.

With that said, I think it's OK to be dissatisfied with the team's performance, even as a 10-4 team. Clearly the offense isn't firing on all cylinders and the team is upset with that, just watch Aaron's from last night.

The team won yesterday thanks in part to blown coverages, some conveniently timed penalties, and nearly two pick 6s which you won't have every week. Yes, it's a road win in December and we shouldn't expect to blow everyone out, but what is this team's calling card right now? What can they go back to with continued success? The defense has been pretty good, but what on offense can we rely in each week to win a game? Lacy? Adams? 3rd and 1 conversions? There are valid reasons to be concerned about this year's team going into the post season.
nerdmann
8 years ago
Personally I think Aaron's more in the way of our success than Mike.

Mike's main weakness is that he does not understand psychology. I think he should hire or consult with a sports psychologist. He's not good at having this team ready, and I feel like he is losing or has lost his QB, and whatever players might follow him in revolt.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (10h) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (15h) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (23h) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.