PackFanWithTwins
15 years ago
Drafting a safety somewhere day 2 would not upset me. But I don't agree that safety is a big concern. There were injuries, and they could happen at any position.

Take out two players at any position and there are going to be troubles. Bring in some prospect for competition, maybe a cheap FA or late draft pick.

IMO the team has much bigger needs for the money than spending it on a safety.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
beast
15 years ago
I think the Packers should get another good S from some where

1) Because it seem Collins has been getting banged up a lot, Bigby doesn't have much speed to give up so I small injury could take enough speed away where he won't be effect, and Rouse just doesn't play smart.

2) Also it's been said in this system the S need to know everything and need to know what's every one is doing and no miscommunications. And it seemed like every time they tried zone last year their would always be miscommunications.
UserPostedImage
Bigbyfan
15 years ago

2) Also it's been said in this system the S need to know everything and need to know what's every one is doing and no miscommunications. And it seemed like every time they tried zone last year their would always be miscommunications.

"beast" wrote:

I would like to think this is because we rarely played zone and probably didnt practice it as much... but one could also make the argument that we didnt play zone that much because of the communication issues 😉
blank
pack_in_black
15 years ago
I agree we need to refill and get some solid depth at S. But as far as starters go, Collins and Bigby/Rouse are substantial for me.

Everything starts up front, and I think a young, solid OT is what this franchise needs to retake the division.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to Pack93z for the sig!
Cheesey
15 years ago
I think alot of the time our DB's had to cover for too long, as our D couldn't get any pressure on opposing QB's.
To me, what we really need is some guys that can put fear into QB's. That would take a HUGE amount of pressure off our DB's.
Any QB in the league can look good if he has all day to find an open receiver.
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago
I am of a different mindset than most of you, in that I don't want Rouse on the field. his mental lapses drive me nuts. learn to take an angle, kid, then maybe you'll see more PT.
UserPostedImage
Bigbyfan
15 years ago
Give me a healthy Bigby paired up with Collins and I'm happy...
blank
beast
15 years ago

"Bigbyfan" wrote:

I would like to think this is because we rarely played zone and probably didnt practice it as much... but one could also make the argument that we didnt play zone that much because of the communication issues ;)

"beast" wrote:

I agree with your thought and usually in these cases it's not one or the other it's some of both and probably is.

I think some of Collins and Rouse mistake were mental mistakes on there part.

Collins yeah seem to focus in and lose his field vision, don't get me wrong he see his guy and he see the QB but he doesn't pick up on that someone else is running into his zone while the guy he's current covering is running out of the zone. I think it's just that he doesn't have the hole idea of zone down and plays a lot better in man on man.

Rouse just seems to play dumb with a heck of a lot of talent.

I am of a different mindset than most of you, in that I don't want Rouse on the field. his mental lapses drive me nuts. learn to take an angle, kid, then maybe you'll see more PT.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

Something I've notice is he's always going for the big play..... he's always trying to get a pick and he's always trying to get a big hit... which it's good to look for them and when you get a chance go for them, but he goes for them on every single play instead of playing it smart.......

It's like LeRoy Butler said about Nick Collins, Collins is a team guy, he doesn't always go for the pick, he goes for the smart safe play. Then Butler took a shot at Darren Sharper saying Sharper wasn't a team guy, he was always looking for the big plays and would risk giving up a TD to get a pick...

Rouse is the same way as Sharper, in the Lions game when Woodson was covering Calvin Johnson, Woodson under cut the throw going for the pick and got a hand on it, when the ball was throw Rouse took off and went to where he thought the ball was going to go, not to where Johnson was, Johnson made a great catch after Woodson hit it and Johnson took it to the end zone, when if Rouse would of just attacked Johnson instead of playing where he thought the ball was gonna go, it probably would of just been a normal catch and tackle.

Also Rouse was trying to give the big hits on the big power Running back... man you don't try to give them big hits, go for there legs and take them out. Rouse and the big RBs (like the Cowboys starting RB) would take each other on both trying to run over each other, and they would hit Rouse would go to the ground after the hit and the RB would slow up for a sec then each going.

Don't get me wrong, Rouse has great physical talents but he doesn't play smart at all. One good thing for Rouse is that Rouse understand and plays zone better than ether of the other two S ahead of him giving him a edge that way.

Give me a healthy Bigby paired up with Collins and I'm happy...

"Bigbyfan" wrote:

I'll agree to that but I still want better back-up because Bigby and ROuse did go down for games and Collins got banged up and sometimes couldn't finish them so I want another good S in the the mix this year some how.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
15 years ago
I still believe Rouse will beat out Bigby. Rouse has made some nice moves on blitzing from the edge this year, being able to force the runner to the inside for no gain.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
bozz_2006
15 years ago

Then Butler took a shot at Darren Sharper saying Sharper wasn't a team guy, he was always looking for the big plays and would risk giving up a TD to get a pick...

"beast" wrote:

hehUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (11h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (17h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (19h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (19h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (21h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (21h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (21h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (22h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (22h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.