nerdmann
8 years ago

Offensive Linemen in the NFL are only expected to provide protection for their QB for 3 to 4 seconds. In that time, WR's are expected to run their routes and get open so their QB can have a clear target to throw the football to. Next , these professional athletes are "PAID" to catch the football.

The 2015 Packer WR's preformed very poorly. While it's true that J. Nelson was out for the season with an injury, the entire production of the WR corp should not rest upon one player. Janis and "Abby" did show promise when they were allowed to play. Cobb and Adams both had terrible seasons, and Montgomery was near invisible. James Jones was at times the bright spot of the passing game.

Trading Cobb / Adams or both to get an A.J. Green, or an Odell Beckham would be worth the player(s) + draft picks needed to make a deal. Don't worry though, Ted Thompson would never have the balls to make a bold deal.

So Draft a WR 1st in the 2016 NFL Draft !

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Bullshit. ALL of the WRs were shitting themselves while Aaron was doing whatever it was that made him "not right." As soon as he "got right" in the playoffs, suddenly they all were able to catch the ball again, just fine.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
OlHoss1884
8 years ago
WR is not as glaring a need as some of the other positions.

Bakhtiari is serviceable but not great at LT, and now he's had injury troubles.
ILB is still a need, unfilled last year, and I would like to see Matthews back at OLB.
TE is still a weak position and I would like to see more of a weapon there who can also block a little.

People keep mentioning Punter but that to me is one of those you pick with a late round compensatory pick, not like a 1-4 pick even if it's a glaring need.

I like Burnett and Clinton-Dix at Safety and I think the young corners wil be better (that takes time in the NFL) and the D-Line is ok.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
uffda udfa
8 years ago
I really want a deep threat at WR. Not sure if that's Janis, or not. Jordy obviously is pretty good at it but I want a blazer.

The WR I really like as he's always running free deep is Roger Lewis from Bowling Green. Makes incredible catches...has great concentration and hands. Can't wait to see his 40 time. It appears, right now, he's a mid round guy. Bowling Green doesn't play elite programs so it's always hard to tell but he's one of those guys that just are fun to watch in a draft. Everyone who follows the draft has a few of them.

More speed...speed...and more speed on O, please.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

nerdmann
8 years ago

I really want a deep threat at WR. Not sure if that's Janis, or not. Jordy obviously is pretty good at it but I want a blazer.

The WR I really like as he's always running free deep is Roger Lewis from Bowling Green. Makes incredible catches...has great concentration and hands. Can't wait to see his 40 time. It appears, right now, he's a mid round guy. Bowling Green doesn't play elite programs so it's always hard to tell but he's one of those guys that just are fun to watch in a draft. Everyone who follows the draft has a few of them.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

We need speed at TE.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago

We need speed at TE.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Agreed. I think overall this would have a greater impact on the offense. It seems we don't have an over the middle threat so we fully concentrate on sideline plays.

uffda udfa
8 years ago

We need speed at TE.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Glad to see you've finally seen the light on this issue. SPEED matters...A LOT.

We have just got to fix that TE position. If we don't draft someone or use FA that's going to be absolutely maddening and mindboggling but I wouldn't rule it out with this regime.

Can see it now... "I like the guys we've got... Andrew is fully recovered, and Richard and Kennard are ready to take a step."

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago

Glad to see you've finally seen the light on this issue. SPEED matters...A LOT.

We have just got to fix that TE position. If we don't draft someone or use FA that's going to be absolutely maddening and mindboggling but I wouldn't rule it out with this regime.

Can see it now... "I like the guys we've got... Andrew is fully recovered, and Richard and Kennard are ready to take a step."

I am still surprised that no league discipline came from the Quarless gun incident.
TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago

The WR I got my eye on is Sterling Shepard. Not that we need another slot receiver, but he has speed, hands, route running, makes clutch catches, and has high football character. Loved that he is being compared to Tyler Lockett who I loved last year. Don't think he is a ST guy unfortunately.
buckeyepackfan
8 years ago

Offensive Linemen in the NFL are only expected to provide protection for their QB for 3 to 4 seconds. In that time, WR's are expected to run their routes and get open so their QB can have a clear target to throw the football to. Next , these professional athletes are "PAID" to catch the football.

The 2015 Packer WR's preformed very poorly. While it's true that J. Nelson was out for the season with an injury, the entire production of the WR corp should not rest upon one player. Janis and "Abby" did show promise when they were allowed to play. Cobb and Adams both had terrible seasons, and Montgomery was near invisible. James Jones was at times the bright spot of the passing game.

Trading Cobb / Adams or both to get an A.J. Green, or an Odell Beckham would be worth the player(s) + draft picks needed to make a deal. Don't worry though, Ted Thompson would never have the balls to make a bold deal.

So Draft a WR 1st in the 2016 NFL Draft !

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

So The Giants or Bengals are going to jump at the chance at trading their franchise receivers for Cobb and Adams?

You are right it isn't going to happen

So who is this "can't miss" WR who will be available at #28?

You better be sure this guy can jump Janis, Abby, Montgomery and Adams and immediately start as the #3 wr?

What happens when #28 rolls around and their is a better player , say a TE or a DL on your board also available?
Do you forego taking that player because you have made up your mind that The Packers MUST have a 7th receiver?

For some uknown reason you could trade Cobb away, who fills his position as a rb?
There was a whole package of plays that went out the window when Cobb went down in Arizona.

I've read a lot about how The Packers don't have that change of pace 3rd rb.
They actually do, just so happens he wears a wr # on the back of his jersey.
Too many what ifs.

I've read where this upcoming draft is loaded with wr's who project to be very good.

Pretty sure Ted will grab one, hell it might be in the 1st round if a guy falls and is head over heels the BPA left on the board.

To say The Packers MUST grab a wr at #28 isn't a good decision imho.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
8 years ago

So The Giants or Bengals are going to jump at the chance at trading their franchise receivers for Cobb and Adams?

You are right it isn't going to happen

So who is this "can't miss" WR who will be available at #28?

You better be sure this guy can jump Janis, Abby, Montgomery and Adams and immediately start as the #3 wr?

What happens when #28 rolls around and their is a better player , say a TE or a DL on your board also available?
Do you forego taking that player because you have made up your mind that The Packers MUST have a 7th receiver?

For some uknown reason you could trade Cobb away, who fills his position as a rb?
There was a whole package of plays that went out the window when Cobb went down in Arizona.

I've read a lot about how The Packers don't have that change of pace 3rd rb.
They actually do, just so happens he wears a wr # on the back of his jersey.
Too many what ifs.

I've read where this upcoming draft is loaded with wr's who project to be very good.

Pretty sure Ted will grab one, hell it might be in the 1st round if a guy falls and is head over heels the BPA left on the board.

To say The Packers MUST grab a wr at #28 isn't a good decision imho.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Would love to see the Packers drafting 28th...would likely mean Ted Thompson traded back up into Round 1 for back to back picks. Very unlikely we would be trading back just one pick to pick 28th instead of 27th.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572265/article/2016-nfl-draft-order-and-needs-playoff-teams 

I'm confused by people who think we're loaded at WR. The entire 2015 season pretty much proved we only really have one and he's wrong side of 30, unless people truly are anointing Abby and Janis already.

Our WR's were among the worst in the NFL. Called a bottom 5 unit with no speed or ability to separate by execs and scouts. How has this been forgotten so easily because Janis caught two bombs on the final drive of the season?

Montgomery MIGHT be something. Has a better chance than Adams, imo. Jordy is an unknown coming off his injury. Have seen it one too many times where a guy coming off an ACL tears it right back up again the following season. Where are we in that scenario? I do not want to see that WR corps ever again.

At very least, we need a TE to minimize the weakness of our WR corps. Hunter Henry looks like a Packer kind of pick and might be there when we select at 27.

UserPostedImage