nerdmann
7 years ago

Josh Sitton knows why he was released. That means TJ Lang knows too, but TJ isn't a fool, he isn't going to say he knows and then not say what happened. He knows if he says 'Yeah, I know why and I disagree with it' that reporters and fans will hound him, hound him and hound him some more.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Dude should also know he needs to shut his pie hole.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
musccy
7 years ago

I provide each piece of evidence that NARROWS the possibilities and still points to bigotry. You bring up stuff like Mastay and Barrington and understate how Ted acted "uncharacteristic" when he actually acted unprecedented, flouting his total nature and way of doing business [McCarthy nor Ted made any preparation for the cut and I demonstrated how EASY it was for Ted to get a pick for Sitton and he said, "No, I want this SOB outta here by 5 PM!"]. This shows you have no evidence to deflect the reason was bigotry.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

He was cut abruptly and unexpectedly. THAT IS ALL WE KNOW. There could be a looming PED, maybe he joined Chmura in the hot tub, maybe he said Ted - renegotiate in season or I'm holding out. All of those pieces fit too and are just as plausible as any of 100 other theories I could come up with. You're accusing someone of something very serious w/ no evidence aside from saying I can't prove you wrong. Hey, Aaron Rodgers must be cheating on Olivia because you can't prove to me he isn't!

And again, if Chmura knows, so does Lang, right? Lang's upset, why, his best bud in the whole world is gone, right? If you buy that, how could you disregard that Lang knows why Sitton got canned. If you buy that Sitton didn't tell Lang, then what Sitton did was so bad he couldn't tell his best bud, right?

Black OLmen around the league are growing and many flourishing; but not a single one in GB. Sample is small so it could be a coincidence. Is it a coincidence?

Ever see Sitton in a pic embracing a black guy? How often did Sherrod, Taylor and Walker go hunting, bowling or out to dinner with the OL clique.

How do we know 'Chmura knows?" Why would you believe him? Is he hanging out in Ted's office each day? Highly doubt it. He is 20 years removed from the organization. Lang claims he doesn't know. Packers writers say the same. Dougherty and other beat writers are merely speculating now. Where is this proof you have that Lang knows why Sitton was cut?

My head is spinning from all of this. I don't even know where to start. 99% of your other posts are extremely insightful and I enjoy reading, but this is unreal. Using your reasoning, I haven't seen pictures of ARod with Donald Trump so should I conclude he's a Hillary supporter? I haven't seen pictures of Mike McCarthy with someone from PETA so should I conclude he supports cruelty to animals?

Zero2Cool
7 years ago
I'm no Moderator or nothing, but I think we can kill this "theory" off with this ...

UserPostedImage
68md
7 years ago
If the locker room N -word issue was true the locker room would know ? Right ?

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood Sep 5
You can sum up reaction inside #Packers locker room to Josh Sitton's release in one word: disbelief. LT David Bakhtiari: "I had no idea."

Mike Daniels on #Packers practices vs. Sitton: "He made me better. Every other guard in comparison is like, ‘Oh, yeah, well he ain’t Josh.’"

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood Sep 5
Last time #Packers locker room had a mood like today, and it didn't follow a playoff loss, was after WR Jordy Nelson tore his ACL.

Based on those reactions etc... one come from a black DL by the way.. I think the race report and "locker room" reports are made up bullshit that some hack put out there to feel important. Dig people.. do some research outside of the bogus GB/Milw media before jumping in with this foolish nonsense.
buckeyepackfan
7 years ago
Been 5 days,
The Packers start the season in 4 days.
Don't care anymore.
Time to focus on the guys who are Packers.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
nerdmann
7 years ago

If the locker room N -word issue was true the locker room would know ? Right ?

Based on those reactions etc... one come from a black DL by the way.. I think the race report and "locker room" reports are made up bullshit that some hack put out there to feel important. Dig people.. do some research outside of the bogus GB/Milw media before jumping in with this foolish nonsense.

Originally Posted by: 68md 

The Packers official policy is to deny everything.

Whatever happened, this move sure seems punitive. If Sitton made the 53, would that have contractually obligated the Packers to pay him money? If so, why wasn't he shopped earlier?

Just seems to me that something happened on Friday or Saturday. A line was crossed somehow, some way.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
7 years ago
Let's say just for the heck of it, what if he DID use the "N" word? (I'm NOT saying he did, just saying what if) would that be a reason to fire him?
People make mistakes. They say things in the heat of the moment that they don't mean. NO ONE is perfect.
I bet if the people on this very site were 100% honest, they would admit that they at some time said something negative about someone of a different race. I admit I have. Not proud of it.
Anyway......I think there is something else that caused his release. The Packers don't do stuff like this for no reason. And I seriously doubt that the truth will EVER come out.
All that will be said is speculation.
And if Sitton really DOES know, he may not say because it would make him look bad. So better for him to say nothing and make the Packers look like idiots.
Just my opinions on the subject.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
7 years ago

He was cut abruptly and unexpectedly. THAT IS ALL WE KNOW...

How do we know 'Chmura knows?" Why would you believe him? Is he hanging out in Ted's office each day?...

...99% of your other posts are extremely insightful...but this is unreal.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

WRONG! We know a lot more than that.

We know Sitton was not cut because of his play or that his contract was too high. We know Ted loves draft picks. We know how Ted values vets helping grow young players; remember Driver's last year? We know that players that: get PED suspended; smack around their wife [Walden]; shoot a gun at women [Q] or drive around town with a gun an a garbage bag full of pot; are not instantly cut; Ted waits for all the facts and he preps for the loss. We know all Ted had to do to keep Sitton on the 53, was IR Dorleant, losing only the ability to have Dorleant return from IR this year. We know Ted made no pre=planned prep for Sitton's departure. We know Taylor was manhandled by a group of guys that constitute KC's 3rd string , practice squad and are out of football now. We know Taylor is now the starter. We know the Bears think Sitton is a stud and the size of the contract shows the Bears sensed competition. We know Ted's typical speak when guys are cut, he said it was for the growth of the OL; Ted is saying our OL will grow more with Sitton gone than if he stays. We know Walker, Taylor and Sherrod didn't grow much once here; not nearly as much as Linsley, Barclay, Tretter, Lang. We know in Taylor's press conference he gave no credit to Sitton for his growth nor did he express sorrow for him being gone. We know GB said Sitton wouldn't be extended and he was disappointment; we know Taylor got extended for 1 more year.

STOP, imagine what Lang or Bulaga would say in an interview if they became a first time starter at LG because Sitton, their leader, mentor and friend was cut. Taylor didn't speak like that because to him Sitton was not his leader, mentor or friend.

Sitton could have done a crazy thing Saturday morning; but the odds suggest we'd have learned what that was and its hard to imagine how one thing, on one day, could stunt the growth of the OL room. More likely, something was occurring over time that 1265 was very concerned with, like a clique of certain OLmen disenfranchising certain other OLmen. And then a spark [maybe Sitton uttered the N-word or used other racially charged language like your kind aint smart enough to play OL in this system] occurred Saturday that evidenced that the clique's disenfranchisement was racially oriented. If so, I can see Ted saying, we're gonna effing stop this shit RIGHT NOW, Sitton is gone!

If Chmura indeed knows, this theory fits. 20 years ago racial sensitivity took a distant back seat to fielding the best 53. And Chmura, thinking he knows McCarthy and knowing racially charged insults are not uncommon in a lockerroom, would not have found its use that day so egregious that Sitton had to go by 4pm, causing a stark downgrade at LG. So Chmura describes this as an overreaction by Ted. And of course, Chmura is not putting the incident in context of the White clique affecting growth of Black OLmen over the years. Maybe some of the players are gay and a word like faggot was used Saturday; that'd fit too.

I have provided great insight [and more here😁]. While connecting the facts I take some leaps to form unproven conclusions. On these conclusions, I'd risk $10 on 4 to 1 odds that I'm right; but not much more. If you find my conclusion "unreal," okay, can't disagree with ya; but dont ignore the plethora of stuff we know!

We also know its not PEDs; spousal abuse; or Sitton jumping in the hotub with teenage girls. If it was one of these external things and so bad Ted had to have him out of the building by 4pm; the Bears would not have paid $22M/10MG and it wouldn't explain Ted's stated reason for Sitton's jettison.

Whatever happened, happened right at 1265; because Ted and staff were so comfortable being the cops, the judge, the jury and the executioner all in a few hours that they caused a stark positional downgrade [Now that is insight]. The theory of Barrington announcing Saturday morning that he'd sit during the National anthem and Sitton threatening to end him for it, plausibly fits many facts we know; but not Ted's stated reason for cutting Sitton.

We know "Sitty" was cut 'cause he acted like an ass; maybe not a bigoted ass; but Ted effectively said his assness was providing discord in the OL room. Now, who was "discorded?" Wasn't Lang, Barclay, Bahktieri or Bulaga; doesn't look like it was Tretter or Linsley either. Sure looks like it was Taylor. Walker played much worse this year than last, at times last year he looked dominant. I was cheering for Sherrod to make it to GB's pick, we needed a tackle, Sherrod was huge, strong, athletic, bright, hard working, real good kid too; I studied him more than any other player predraft, ever! That injury may have robbed him of playing elite LT; but something psychological ruined his career. Yea it could have been the injury, or maybe somethin' else.

I believe Chmura's announcement, though it is strange. Saying he knows, but wont reveal it; then he gives hints. This is not proof; but it is evidence and hints fit all the stuff we know. Chmura is taking a risk if he's wrong, that is, if hints dont match what happened or it is learned nothing happened, he'll look bad.

Your point that Ted doesn't confide in Chmura is valid; but consider this. Someone told him a story [its like double hearsay]; but who would tell him? He said if I tell you [to Homer] I'm going to "get whacked." This is how sacred keeping things in the lockerroom is; if you breach that trust you will be shunned. This is Chmura protecting his source; he's making it sound like he got it from a player. But, if you're afraid of being whacked for revealing a secret on radio; are you going to give hints? Chmura's source came from within 1265. 1265 will never publicly defend themselves by saying a bad thing about an ex-player. But, if they are taking a PR hit they'll usually "leak" their side of the story and I'd bet [$10 on 2 to 1] that Chmura is the leakee. Someone from 1265 told Chmura a story and said dont you dare tell it to anyone. Now they wait for it to come out.

ANOTHER INTERESTING TIDBIT:
McGinn asked Ted to explain Sitton's release.
Ted supposedly said “I’m not going to go there...Not right now, no.”
I would have expected Ted to say, "we made a decision and we've moved on" or "we dont discus players under contract with other teams." Actually, I think he's said both of those things before in this context.

But, Ted said, "not right now" as if to say at a time in the future we'll discuss it. Chmura did say that this would come out. Of course, Ted could have had a bad burrito and he was running to bathroom with the squirts when McGinn intercepted him so he wasn't his usual guarded self.
musccy
7 years ago
You're reading between lines to attempt to prove a theory you want to believe is true.

Taylor doesn't have to thank 8 people 17 times with a huge grin on his face, while facing towards the Bart Starr endzone or whatever other criteria you're dictating to him in order to prove there wasn't bad blood between the two. Ted as usual said absolutely nothing, and him saying "um, I'd rather not comment" instead of "uhhhh, I'd prefer not to talk about that" doesn't prove anything.

Chmura is desperate for relevancy, there is no reason to believe him. Again, 20 years removed from the franchise, why should we believe he knows anyone "inside."

You're grasping at straws. Yes it was strange and out of character, but that's all we know. Cutting 2 punters for a nobody is strange too. It doesn't mean we should assume Masthay and Motrell were racists, though.
isocleas2
7 years ago
One of my homeboys from Green Bay texted me that the details are hush hush but that Sitton had a "bad attitude" and with the cap situation he was the odd man out. I told him about the N-word drop twitter theory and he just laughed.

I'm guessing that it was more of a contract dispute issue between Sitton wanting a new deal now and Ted Thompson saying play out the year, but in the end he was being a distraction (in some way).

I doubt the racism bullshit, most of these guys when they get to the NFL are beyond it. Too much money being made by all involved to let it get dragged down to that level.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (13h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (17h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (18h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (20h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (20h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (21h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.