Porforis
7 years ago

We're always good enough to win. But we don't always do so.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

What's your point? Doesn't that apply to every team in the history of the league other than the '72 Dolphins? Will Ted, Mike, and Rodgers always be a complete disappointment if they don't replicate that feat?
Porforis
7 years ago

Not the correct way to look at it. When you pay a guy 1/7 of the cap we cant afford for him to play in a way where "it isn't Aaron's fault [we lost]." He needs to go out and WIN the game. NE or Atlanta wins this game if Brady or Ryan gets ball on last possession down by 2 unless FG misses.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Really, of anybody you could choose you choose Matt Ryan as Mister Clutch? tl;dr version: Statistically he's had three good games, 2 great games. However, he's threw picks late in the 4th that cost his team the game twice, and 3 games where they failed to score a TD in the fourth.

But hey, he did it against the Packers. That's fair enough, and I am concerned at us perpetually losing games in the fourth. This is not a defense of Rodgers, it is me being flabbergasted at anybody putting Matt Ryan in the same ZIP code as Tom Brady and even implying he's got a history of going out and winning games in the clutch semi-consistently. He blows more games in the 4th than he goes out and wins.

Against San Diego they put up 27 in the first half (One defensive TD, two FGs), 3 in the 3rd quarter and 0 in the fourth. Matty Ice, your king of going out and winning games, throws a pick late in the fourth quarter that cost his team the game. Guess he's not clutch and making boneheaded moves.

The week before, they lost to the Seahawks. 3 points in the first half, 21 in the 3rd quarter, and zilch in the 4th quarter. Why didn't he go out and WIN that game? Instead, he threw ANOTHER pick late in the 4th quarter that cost his team the game.

The week before, good but not great game against the Broncos. Did what he needed to win but again, only 3 points in the 4th quarter. They were up 17 at the half and gave up 13 in the 4th quarter. Why didn't he go out and win the game instead of putting it all on his defense?

Week 4, monster game, no way to deny that. Their defense gave up 23 in the 4th quarter though.

Week 3, another solid game but nothing stellar through the air with 240 YDs and 2 TDs. 194 yards on the ground between the RBs.

Week 2, great game. Defense again gives up 14 in the 4th to make it close

Week 1, good game through the air but again, can't score a TD in the 4th in 3 opportunities.
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
Aaron Rodgers and the Packers put up 32 points. The loss is on the defense that couldn't get the Falcons off the field in their final drive.

Aaron Rodgers went 28 of 38 with 246 yards passing with 4 TD's. If you think he's the reason the Packers loss, you're a complete spoiled bitch ass fan who doesn't understand the game. And that's okay. Every fan base has its turds.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
7 years ago

What's your point? Doesn't that apply to every team in the history of the league other than the '72 Dolphins? Will Ted, Mike, and Rodgers always be a complete disappointment if they don't replicate that feat?

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

There's alot of teams that afen't good enough to win. But they still maximize their possibility to do so, unlike Mike's teams.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Barfarn
7 years ago

Really, of anybody you could choose you choose Matt Ryan as Mister Clutch?
T

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

I said in the thread that Atl stinks, that Ryan just had a great game, if Ryan was Brady they wouldn’t stink. So, I wasn’t trying to sing Ryan’s praise in crunch just wanted to point out the difference in the way Rodgers and Ryan played in their last possessions respect to the way they played the other 8/9 of the game.

Heard this said listening to a Cubs’ broadcast, think it was Joe Madden who said that guys that approach their game like they do during the season play the best in post season and this idea surely carries over to playing in crunch time. Joe’s saying players feeling the pressure of playoffs [or crunch time] that feel the need to change the way they play, usually play worse.

Your accounting of Ryan’s crunch time performance casts even a worse shadow over Rodgers’ crunch time play. Ryan isn’t that good, agreed! But, he still has a nickname for it and he’s infinitely better than Rodgers. Hence, Rodgers absolutely sucks in crunch time.

But, Rodgers not only sucks in 4th Q comebacks; but he almost NEVER puts teams away. Up by 3 with the ball and 6 minutes left, Brady, Peyton, Montana burn 4 minutes and score a TD-game over. Rodgers at best gets a FG, leaving the D to prevent the loss. If Rodgers is up by 14 in 3rd Q with the ball, crunch time also comes into play, because 1 or 2 good scores and the game is over. Rodgers thinks about putting the game away or winning it on that drive instead of just focusing on the play at hand, this is why he sucks in crunch/put away time. McCarthy has to play the guys on the roster; but, Rodgers is a choker, he has to try to manage that or pull him for Hundley. His choices are limited.

GB’s failure to seal the deal crap is 95% of the time on Rodgers playing anywhere from flaccidly [See 2014 NFC champ game, 2015 final game] to being an outright dumbass [3rd Q 2011 champ game, Carolina and 2nd Minny game last year, Atl this week].
Porforis
7 years ago

There's alot of teams that afen't good enough to win. But they still maximize their possibility to do so, unlike Mike's teams.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Win what? Games? Playoff games? The super bowl? 2/32 teams make it every year, and the Packers have made it to the playoffs every year except for what, two under McCarthy/Rodgers? And one super bowl victory. Yes, we've underachieved. But to pretend we're anywhere approaching one of the only teams that blows leads and doesn't execute in the fourth quarter, and otherwise underperformed is quite laughable, as my recap of the Falcons' and Matt Ryan's season illustrated. Everyone thought the Vikings were cream of the crop this season until they dropped two stinkers too. Every team's fans (except the Browns and Bears) think their team is good enough to go at LEAST 12-4. How many teams per year actually make that mark? Apart from the Patriots and Broncos, what teams would you point to as an excellent example of sustained success and playing up to their level of talent consistently?
Porforis
7 years ago

GB’s failure to seal the deal crap is 95% of the time on Rodgers playing anywhere from flaccidly [See 2014 NFC champ game, 2015 final game] to being an outright dumbass [3rd Q 2011 champ game, Carolina and 2nd Minny game last year, Atl this week].

I already realized you put a disporportionate amount of the blame for this team blowing late leads on Rodgers, but this is just plain silly. Yes, Rodgers seems to trail off at the end of games. Guess what? Our defense has a habit of giving up 14+ points in the fourth quarter and hasn't been getting shit for turnovers this year. To each his own, but I feel a LOT more dread with the Packers up by 1 score or less when the opponent has the ball, than when the Packers are down 1 score and we have the ball. Yes, Rodgers doesn't have a consistent record of come from behind victories. If the defense didn't consistently give up multiple scores in the fourth quarter, we'd be a lot closer to the Patriots than we are now - Always playing from ahead. Yes, Rodgers' performance in the fourth quarter ties into this as well, as it puts the defense in a rough position and I was screaming about that all last season when people were criticizing our defense who was doing okay, and very well considering the inept offense.

I just don't understand how you can place 95% of the blame on one player. Really, you won't get 5% from some combination of the defense, punter (to be fair, he had a good game last week) punting 30-35 yard stinkers, and playcalling on both sides of the ball? Did Rodgers run over your dog and then make out with your wife or something? 75%? I'd definitely disagree but it's semi-reasonable but there's room for debate. 95% just shows an irrational hatred for an individual player.
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

[See 2015 final game] to being an outright dumbass

You mean the game he didn't have Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Ty Montgomery, James Jones had a hamstring injury and was relying on ONLY Jeff Janis and Jared Abbrederis and pushed a team most claimed as "most complete" into overtime?

Yeah, Aaron Rodgers really failed there, especially in tackling Larry Fitzgerald on that long ass scamper of his. Wait, Aaron Rodgers plays offense! WHOA!

UserPostedImage
Porforis
7 years ago

You mean the game he didn't have Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Ty Montgomery, James Jones had a hamstring injury and was relying on ONLY Jeff Janis and Jared Abbrederis and pushed a team most claimed as "most complete" into overtime?

Yeah, Aaron Rodgers really failed there, especially in tackling Larry Fitzgerald on that long ass scamper of his. Wait, Aaron Rodgers plays offense! WHOA!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

If he wasn't such a sissy diva he'd play defense too.
Barfarn
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

After Cobb went out Rodgers played really well. With 2 minutes in 3rd Q we had the lead and the ball. Had Rodgers continued to play the exact same way: there never would have been an OT; we never would have needed 2 stupid luck hail marys; and our D would not have had to take the field in OT after playing 25 plays in 4th Q. Heck the D even got an INT in the 4th quarter and still Palmer completely outplayed Rodgers for the last 17 minutes. THAT IS WHY WE LOST!

Now if we want to look for excuses we can find them, all the weapons were out, really? Boy, not having any weapons didn't slow Rodgers in 2 and 3rd Q of AZ game or in the 1st half of Atl game, now didn't it? You cant have it both ways! If Rodgers is elite he can work with mediocre weapons; if he needs superior weapons to produce, then he's Mark Sanchez. You gotta pick one or the other, can't keep flip-flopping!!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (2h) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (5h) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (6h) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
27m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.