Barfarn
7 years ago
It's not Mike.

That opening drive on 2nd Q that could have sealed the game was a total joke orchestrated by Rodgers not Mike. Plus, Rodgers just sodomized a critical Time out. He had the DL back on its heals and tired; and he let's the clock run down so TO has to be called;same ol'e Jay.

Aaron is all happy with this no RB offense so he gets to play run 'n shoot gun-sling, so he feels like playing. But, on 4th Q, key drive, 100% choke...it's again, same ol'e Jay! Rodgers saves his worst for when it matters most.

Out to Janis-100% stupid throw.
2nd and 3 Throw to a covered Nelson outside the numbers, yet Adams and Davis were WIDE open with much much easier throws.
3rd and 3 an easy throw to Allison WIDE open, running to SL and could easily go out of bounds or turn up field and get a few more and Rodgers throws behind for a pick [that was dropped].
4th and 3: has there ever been a more worthless throw with nothing to lose in the history of football.

And it goes to show you for 16 weeks the receivers were open all the time just like today and last week; great production with a hobbled Jordy, no Cobb, No Monty. If trust Boy feels like playing or isnt all tight-collared in crunch time, he'll produce.
The_Green_Ninja
7 years ago
Is anyone here actually going to give the Atlanta Falcons some credit... thus giving us credit?

They are a very good team with a defense that isn't all too shabby. We not only showed up against them with out offense but, in some ways, flourished. The Pack had 3 starting Cornerbacks out. Three. Also no matthews which helps the team get pressure up the gut because all the focus on the offense is on stopping matthews which makes players like Nick Perry play very well. How exactly well did Nick Perry play this game? Oh wow, surprise pessimistic fans, it's a TEAM GAME.

We will have a chance down the stretch, but in reality our defense has been playing mostly well throughout the season. The inflated points you see in our games are mainly from the failures of the packers offense from actually coming up with points and our defense getting exhausted. If we played offense like we did today in the past 6 games, we would be 5-2 at minimum.
UserPostedImage
The_Green_Ninja
7 years ago
Seriously, if you actually attempt critical thinking and stop using your drunk ass emotions, you see the silver linings. I'm not happy with a loss but this offense is what keeps the Packers even in the conversation.

It isn't Ted. He isn't going to get 3 Charles Woodsons from the damn practice squad. That what you would need to totally shut out the falcons this season.

It isn't Mike. Some of you say "call the time outs" when the Falcons have the ball and then... the falcons make 1st down throughout the game, a TD, and then we have no time out in general. Great call guys, great call. Mike was right in that. And he fixed the offense.

It isn't Dom. Well, atleast not until we know we have all our defensive starters back. His great successes the previous games would tell me otherwise.

It isn't Aaron. 4 TDs, 246 yards. Get out of here.

It was a close game against a really good team that could have tilted toward the Packers. However, injuries and inexperienced players lost this game. In January, it will hopefully be different. That's the question. Will we be healthier and experienced enough to win?
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
7 years ago
Not down on this loss at all. We were out there with almost a pre-season roster. Hoping we can get back as close to 100% as possible. We shall see.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
nerdmann
7 years ago

Seriously, if you actually attempt critical thinking and stop using your drunk ass emotions, you see the silver linings. I'm not happy with a loss but this offense is what keeps the Packers even in the conversation.

It isn't Ted. He isn't going to get 3 Charles Woodsons from the damn practice squad. That what you would need to totally shut out the falcons this season.

It isn't Mike. Some of you say "call the time outs" when the Falcons have the ball and then... the falcons make 1st down throughout the game, a TD, and then we have no time out in general. Great call guys, great call. Mike was right in that. And he fixed the offense.

It isn't Dom. Well, atleast not until we know we have all our defensive starters back. His great successes the previous games would tell me otherwise.

It was a close game against a really good team that could have tilted toward the Packers. However, injuries and inexperienced players lost this game. In January, it will hopefully be different. That's the question. Will we be healthier and experienced enough to win?

Originally Posted by: The_Green_Ninja 

We're always good enough to win. But we don't always do so.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
7 years ago

Jordy can't run anymore. He spent more routes on his ass than he did on his feet. Aaron's still not seeing the field.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I think Nelson is injured... people are saying every game he's either limping and/or messing with his legs like they're injured.

So I think Nelson has a lower body injury (or two) still... and still have hope that after fully healthy (maybe next season) he might be back to normal.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
7 years ago

Not the correct way to look at it. When you pay a guy 1/7 of the cap we cant afford for him to play in a way where "it isn't Aaron's fault [we lost]." He needs to go out and WIN the game. NE or Atlanta wins this game if Brady or Ryan gets ball on last possession down by 2 unless FG misses.

Outside a few young player mistakes, the youngsters played great! there isn't one 500K guy that cost us this loss, EACH outplayed their salary.

Atlanta stinks, though Ryan played a great game today. There is only one decent team in NFC [Dallas; Minnesota could lose to Bears Monday, just so long as Cutler doesn't pull a Rodgers], so we will be in playoffs.

But, to cast a dark cloud on your silver linings [All good observations], Rodgers AGAIN showed he is not capable of playing consistently well in a game or crunch time; let alone being able to play well for 12 to 16 consecutive quarters against playoff teams. He's same ole' Jay. This is the only thing that separates post season success of GB from NE over the last 10 years; Brady is a winner and Rodgers not nearly so much.
The_Green_Ninja
7 years ago

Not the correct way to look at it. When you pay a guy 1/7 of the cap we cant afford for him to play in a way where "it isn't Aaron's fault [we lost]." He needs to go out and WIN the game. NE or Atlanta wins this game if Brady or Ryan gets ball on last possession down by 2 unless FG misses.

Outside a few young player mistakes, the youngsters played great! there isn't one 500K guy that cost us this loss, EACH outplayed their salary.

Atlanta stinks, though Ryan played a great game today. There is only one decent team in NFC [Dallas; Minnesota could lose to Bears Monday, just so long as Cutler doesn't pull a Rodgers], so we will be in playoffs.

But, to cast a dark cloud on your silver linings [All good observations], Rodgers AGAIN showed he is not capable of playing consistently well in a game or crunch time; let alone being able to play well for 12 to 16 consecutive quarters against playoff teams. He's same ole' Jay. This is the only thing that separates post season success of GB from NE over the last 10 years; Brady is a winner and Rodgers not nearly so much.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

And what is the difference between smart fans and stupid fans is forgetting this is a team game.

Listen, we always like to say "brady brady brady" but A. the man rarely gets us into situations where we need come-from-behind wins. Considering the defense has often given a lot of those game up after he gets the points is what hurts and B. He has worse receivers than Brady does currently. If Aaron had a gronk do you think he wouldn't always just check down to him? Edeleman isn't so shabby either.

My point is this: Really exam that last drive. He gets the completions, no real gain. He is blitz and almost taken out each drive. Keeps it alive. He ROLLS OUT and davante adams does a TERRIBLE cut relative to the defender. No completion.

This is a team game, gentlemen. Brady is always going to have his stats because he has his players. Aaron did and he is getting them back, ever so surely. We need our o-line and defense to really get back to week 1 play. If that happens no hater will have a chance to say anything, that is, to one of the GOATs
UserPostedImage
Laser Gunns
7 years ago
One day,

Both our offense AND defense will show up to the same game.

And on that day, nobody can beat us.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Barfarn
7 years ago

And what is the difference between smart fans and stupid fans is forgetting this is a team game.

Listen, we always like to say "brady brady brady" but A. the man rarely gets us into situations where we need come-from-behind wins. Considering the defense has often given a lot of those game up after he gets the points is what hurts and B. He has worse receivers than Brady does currently. If Aaron had a gronk do you think he wouldn't always just check down to him? Edeleman isn't so shabby either.

My point is this: Really exam that last drive. He gets the completions, no real gain. He is blitz and almost taken out each drive. Keeps it alive. He ROLLS OUT and davante adams does a TERRIBLE cut relative to the defender. No completion.

This is a team game, gentlemen. Brady is always going to have his stats because he has his players. Aaron did and he is getting them back, ever so surely. We need our o-line and defense to really get back to week 1 play. If that happens no hater will have a chance to say anything, that is, to one of the GOATs

Ninja, Atl. NEVER blitzed on last drive! GB kept Ripkowski in to block, it was 6 protecting against 4; in your MIND Atl. Was blitzing because Rodgers was reacting the way a normal QB reacts if a blitz was coming and he didn’t have enough protection called. Rodgers is just too scared to stay in pocket.

YES! IT IS A TEAM GAME, that’s my main criticism of Rodgers. Rodgers is a horrible teammate. A good teammate trusts his fellow mates, plays his role and NEVER subjects a mate to media criticism.

Watch Ryan on the last drive, he stood in the pocket like a man doing his job as part of a TEAM. He trusted his OL, though they are not as good as GB’s, because that is what TEAMMATES do and yes he got rapped on chin a few times, but that’s why he’s Matty Ice and Rodgers is frigid Aaron.

The difference between Aaron Rodgers and #12 today is look at the drive right b4 half. On the throw to Jordy, Rodgers stood in pocket like a man, like he used to, and fired a perfect strike to Nelson, who had about 6” of separation. If Rodgers didn’t make the throw every moron in the world would have been saying, “No one was open.” Nelson was not open for Mark Sanchez; but he was open for the real Aaron Rodgers or any other elite QB. #12 has the ability to play like Aaron Rodgers anytime he wants to; he just chooses too often not to.

Think about this: our pass rush is better than Atl’s; our OL is better at pass protection; Rodgers is much more elusive than Ryan; yet, Atl had 3 sacks, we had 2. Just doesn’t make sense.

And in the press conference a real MAN would have said, “that last throw was on me, I should have given Adams a chance to get it.” Instead anti-leader, anti-team mega-wussy searches to blame others. Who else gives PCs like this? Jay Effing Cutler. ON Rodgers’ PC…I SAY, “same ol’e Jay!” Rodgers explanation was also a lie, pure BS. When you have a broken/scramble play a QB doesn’t anticipate where the receiver is going; he throws to him.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (6h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (22h) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (22h) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.